Posts by Andifront

If you read it correctly, it states to remove (comment out with #) all the remarks to linuxserver/mariadb service and add/create the webhippie service on the "docker-compose.yml", :P

Of course, this won't make sense to you, if you never used docker-compose CLI, ;)

Sorry, I confused macom and Morlan :rolleyes:

What I meant was that in how-to-nextcloud-with-letsencrypt-using-omv-and-docker-compose of macom there is still the Linux server/mariadb-Container. According to you and morlan this should not work anymore with NC 21 :huh:

Code
    Welcome to the MariaDB monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MariaDB connection id is 6274
    Server version: 10.4.18-MariaDB-1:10.4.18+maria~bionic-log mariadb.org binary distribution
    Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.
    Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.
    MariaDB [(none)]>

How long has it been since you've last updated the images?!?!

How did you update the Nextcloud? Via Nextcloud itself? Via docker-compose? More info of what you did/do is needed

I have Watchtower running every night. The Images should be up to date

How did you update the Nextcloud? Via Nextcloud itself? Via docker-compose? More info of what you did/do is needed

I did the upgrade as suggested here (Solution 2). This worked before e.g. from 20.0.7 -> 20.0.8

I encoutered the issue a few weeks ago but had no time fixing it. Now after the upgrade to 20.0.9 I can directly upgrade to 21.0.1 but the issue stays.

Hi,

I have a perfectly running Nextcloud Container, built by the How-To of macom, currently on NC-Version 20.0.8

After updating to 20.0.9 the NC is not reachable from outside my network any more. It seems, that everything with WebDav (including the NC-App) doesn't work any more, even from inside my network.

I tried to do the proxy configs again, but with no luck so I rolled back to 20.0.8 from my Backup. I don't know, how to fix this.

Anyone else who has these Issues or an idea how to fix this?

I've updated NC to version 20.0.2

Now I get the message that some primary keys are missing and NC suggests to execute the command "occ db:add-missing-primary-keys".

But I have no clue where or how to execute this.

I tried

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Docker/appdata/nextcloud/config/www/nextcloud# sudo -u www-data php occ db:add-missing-primary-keys

but get the following message:

Cannot write into "config" directory! This can usually be fixed by giving the webserver write access to the config directory

Any ideas how to fix this?

• Since OMV only requires little space (32GB is plenty) resize the current partition with a Gparted live distro and create a new one with the remaining space
    • Install docker binary on the new partition
    • Install any app, db or docker container on the SSD, while pointing to data drives when needed.

This is the best approach for speed since all DBs will be on SSD and power consumption since HDDs will be allowed to spin down.

I am a fan of HDDs spindown as well - I rewrote the hd-idle guide because was bad.

I've done like you suggested. Now both drives spin down. Thanks again auanasgheps :*

Are you sure Nextcloud prevents spindown of the data drive?

If it's not doing anything it does not access the drive.

EDIT: If you installed Nextcloud on the data drive it will never spin down, but if Nextcloud app and its db are running from the SSD and access HDDs only to browse data, it should sleep.

Yes, because spindown worked for the data drive until I installed NC. App and DB are on the data drive :saint:

To change this would if work to delete NC, modify the compose file (App and DB folder on SSD), redeploy and copy old app and dB folder to the new destination on SSD. Or do I have to do a "clean" install of NC?

Thanks for the input guys and sorry for the late reply. My family kept me busy.

Think I will start with a rsync backup and when this is running well I will look into borgbackup or rsnapshot eventually.

Hi,

I have a fresh OMV installation running with two identical HDDs (named data and backup) and a system SSD.

Both HDDs are configerd identical regarding APM and Spindown time. Nevertheless the data drive spins down as configured but the backup drive not.

a) I can't find anything in the logs. Any hints where to look? The hdparm.conf looks good.

b) I'm running OMV on an Asrock J4105-ITX Motherboard. SATA 1+2 are the system SSD and the data HDD and SATA 3 the backup HDD, whereas SATA 3+4 are another chipset. Might this be the cause? Can I switch SATA-Ports (e.g. data and backup HDD on SATA 1+2 and the system SSD on Port 3) or do I break the System with this?

The best Getting Started Guide. Back toward the back of the guide is a whole section on backup, OS and data.

If you have a SATA connection available don’t use usb.

Thanks Agricola for the input. So you advise to use the second drive as internal drive a backup via Rsync?

I've read about other tools like duplicity, borgbackup. Are there any advantages using these?

Hey folks,

I'm building my first OMV-System and wonder what is the best backup strategy for me.

I plan to install two identical drives where the second one is for backup (no raid).

My old Synology will serve as a remote backup system, but thats (maybe?!) another topic.

1. Are there good reasons for putting the second drive in an external USB-Case? I would prefer to install it directly in the OMV-System.

2. What backup method / software would be suitable for an automated, versioned and easy recoverable backup? Borgbackup?

3. The OS is installed on a SSD. Do I need a separate software for OS-Backup or is there also a good solution for both use cases?

Greetings