Beiträge von Maf_71

Hi!

After copying the data i will wipe the hdd.

The question is if i will be able to copy the data ;)

I can access the files and folders through putty and winScp, its just the Samba shares that dont work on that disk.

Its strange, but cant figure out whats happening, that is whats bothering me, not knowing why.

Maf

Hi!:)

I recently made a fresh install omv 5, and added my external hdd's from my previous omv 4.

The hdd in with ntfs file system works well, the samba shares are recognised and accessible to read and write from my windows 10 pc.

The other hdd with Ext4 file system, has the samba shared folders visible, but cant enter any of the directories, keeps giving me permission error.

I'm trying to change the permissions of the folders back to the user i created, and all the changes appear to proceed through omv, but when i try to access those folders it keeps giving permission denied.

Does any1 know how to change the owner of the folders? I've tried reset permissions plugin, but it does nothing, apparently.

I dont want to format the disk, as I need some of the data, and cant afford to buy a new hdd to copy that data.:(

Thanks for listening,

Maf

Hi!

Sorry to jump on, but im having the same issue, after following the instructions.

Had it running fine on omv4, but tried new install with omv 5 and cant pass that server message.

Rechecked the scripts in the containers, the folders are created, the files changed, but nothing changes.

If i find out why this happens i'll post it here.

Maf