Posts by ManuelOrtega

Hi there,

I think it could be the same problem I had with the encrypted drive -
    for OMV4 drives need to be mounted to /srv/dev-disk-by-label-XYZ (XYZ obviously the label of your drive)..

Hi thewer,

My btrfs pool is mounted and accesed via /media/XXXXXX/. This is the path used by all the system (shared folders, plugins, tc.), but it is also mounted at /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Almacen, as you can see in the df output... (line 11). I can access it via ssh and this path.

It seem like OMV is not being aware that the pool is already mounted. (The error thrown when trying to mount form webui points in that way) (see image in first post).

On the other hand... lsblk -f output shows the pool mounting point at sdc (the pool has three hdds: sdb, sdc & sdd), but the error gived by the OMV webui mount command shows that cannot mount sdb...

May be the problem related with this?

Hi all,

Recently I've updated to OMV4 and I've noticed that my BTRFS disk pool is not showing correctly in the WebUI.
    In the attached image MountStatus you can see that my 3 disk pool is showing NO in mount status. The problem is that the pool is really mounted. I have some folders shared with samba in this pool and I can read and write on them.
    If I click on MOUNT button in the WebUI it throws an error saying that is already mounted..

btrfs fi show, blkid and lsblk -f show that "Almacen" is mounted... (see outputs attached)
    In the System Log you can see that there is an error message arising each 30secs...

Anyone can imagine what is happening?

At same time I noticed that I have lost two dockers container that was working correctly and their images. I cannot download new docker images... (I am not sure that these errors are interrelated , but I've notice them at same time and the docker configs files are stored in the btrfs pool).

I would appreciate any help you can give me.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Manuel J. Ortega

Files

• MountStatus.png

(18.68 kB, downloaded 188 times, last: )
    • MountingError.png

(61.47 kB, downloaded 135 times, last: )
    • Putty.txt

(2.16 kB, downloaded 86 times, last: )
    • syslog.txt

(535.26 kB, downloaded 105 times, last: )

I mean I am not maintaining it anymore and it will not work with OMV 3.x until somone ports it. So, you cannot install it and it is not in the repo. I will remove it from the list on the omv-extras site so that it does not confuse people.

Thanks for clarification Aaron.

Hi Manuel, here is the link to one of my posts on this board on how to install calibre on OMV without plug-in. the post has all the steps and links to how-to pages I used to test this out.FYI I do not run the setup live yet. I just did a test run on my testing VM config but it did worked well.

the Calibre developer has a great how-to on apps setup using CLI.
    I also found several helpful blogs to make it easier to install and use the app.
    all of that info is in my post. check it out.
    I know plug-in makes it so much easier but if it is not ported to the new version, and we can not help with dev our self, we have to find a way :-)

Thanks vl1969, I will try your way.

I am missing two plugins in OMV 3.0.46, headphones and calibre.

Calibre appears in om-extras web as stable for 3.X, but I don't have it in the plugin list.
    Headphones doesn´t appears in omv-extras web for 3.x (stable or testing).

Please, can you avise me about current status of these plugins?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I am using OMV 3 and cannot found the headphones plugin.
    OMV-Extras installed, stable and testing repos actived, but headphones is not shown in the list.

Is not ported yet to OMV3 ? In that case... is expected to be?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Grat job with OMV and plugins. Thanks a lot to the development team, your work is fantastic!

Hi Tekkbebe,

The main intention is to use it for movies. The idea is that all the pc´s (mediacenters) at home can use the disc inserted in the nas. Making an ISO each time I see a movie is a lot work (and useless because is more effective to have the movies riped in the hdd).

Usually i use ISO´s when i have to install any application, but for media is not a good idea.

Hi David,

udev sounds totally new for me (I am begining with linux). I have googled a bit and it seems possible. I will investigate on udev, and i hope to learn and try. I will let you know if I have any advance.

Thanks for your fast response.
    Manuel.

Hi all, this is my forst post in this forum.
    I am OMV user and really happy with it. I am a newbie in linux but OMV has been very easy to install and configure. I hope this project remains for a long long time.

There is a question I thought in the last days; Is there any possibility of sharing the optical drive with OMV?
    I use an old PC with OMV and has a rw-dvd drive, it would be fantastic to share it and can use it from any pc on the network.

So, is there any possibility? I mind that this will need an automount when you insert a disc and a sharing start (I use smb for the hdd´s attached).

Thanks in advance, I hope you can understand my poor english.