Beiträge von abner

Hello, I installed sucessfully OMV and updated to the newest version 5.5.12-1. Also I installed Duplicati for creating backups of another OMV (file-srv). But when I try make backup, everytime got errors, Duplicati use /tmp while creating a new copy, but in my OMV /tmp is tmpfs so it's virtual in RAM. Files which I want to backup total occupy about ~`52 GB. So while backups begun, my all RAM is eated by this task, task ended by fail, becouse of course all system collapse without any empty RAM memory.

So when I discover this I created new disk, which I attach to the OMV (OMV is VM), formated it as ext4 and make a note in /etc/fstab :

/dev/sdc1 /tmp ext4 defaults 0 0

It mount this partition but only manually, after any restart I need to login. type mount -a, and then it's work.

Also I have read that in Debian 10 (which is base for OMV), it's new implemented feature this mounting /tmp in tmpfs. So I look, and it's mounted by systemd, specifically by /etc/systemd/system/tmp.mount

But any change of this file ending by error.

Problem is that I cannot automate mounting this sdc1 as /tmp, after any restart it come back to mount as tmpfs. I tried, binding, linking, even make script that mounting that in crontab. Everything fails.

So anyone got any suggestion how to fix that ? I will be very gratefull for any help ! :)