Beiträge von ahab666

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
    # device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
    # that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
    #
    # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
    # / was on /dev/sda1 during installation
    UUID=305d52f7-9cf6-4acd-9b2a-ec5c6b226181 / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
    # swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
    UUID=340eec9f-b5aa-4bc9-ba0d-875ac2fd1b1f none swap sw 0 0
    /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0

btw - the rebuild of my old raid will take like 10 hours from now so i won't be able to give actual information till then ...

here is another question - i tried to use an usb stick for a new install of OMV but i am getting an error during installation - like the driver for my cd drive is missing - there was is no cd installed on that box - after that i created a cd and id worked on a new addd HDD - not on my SSD any expaination ?

cheers - ahab

hi,

during the boot i am presented with several errors .... :

1. platform:microcode firmware agent aborted .... intel ucode/06-3c-03

2. devices uuid xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and uuid xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx have the same name /dev/md/OMV

3. device in dev/byuuid/ .... .... .... .... is missing

any help will be appretiated - cya ahab666

@gderf

thx for the link - altering the biossettings did not solve my problem but as the guy in your first link replied ... not really obvious -

network stack in bios meant booting an OS via the network (at least in the old days)

now i just need to find a wol tool for windows that works - somehow the router or the switches seem to block the wol packages ...

cheers - ahab666

@subzero79

makes no difference at all - so i wondered what the

Supports Wake-on: pumbg
    Wake-on: g

means and how i can tell the network-card (on board or else) only to switch on the comnputer if there is a magic packet received rather than any kind of packet ....

cheers - ahab

@subzero79

An Asus Z97 C ... uefi bios ... settings APM for PCI-E/PCI there are only 2 settings - activated and not activatet ....

if activated it will start with any kind of network traffic - so router-broadcasts start the pc - even if there is nothing to do for it ....

Hello experts,

i tried to use the WOL option but the Manual referenced for ethtool in the GUI is of no help for me - a total *-nix newbie ....

and

my problem - i don't have any idea how to use the WOL settings - like m (my guess a magic password pattern)
    and in my bios i can only set wake on PCIE/PCI - but no other parameters - so for every round robin or broadcast call
    from the router the system wakes up ....

so please can you tell me how to use nettool because i am quite ?(

cheers ahab666
    the system starts ....

@Wabun

i am using the red ones - and WD has an utility for patching the bios for the TLER parameter - did that with all discs before i built my raid ....
    will check that either ..... may take some time though ....

still - a utilirie that allows the physical id per HDD by disconnecting it (on the fly) would be great ;)

cheers - ahab666

@Wabun

well the raid worked perfectly well for nearly 2 years .... the problem is that i still have no idea how to identify the culprit defective HDD and i do not want to do up to 11 DBANs or rebuilds if possible ....
    for my controller th HDDs are hot swappable .... so i can take unplug and replug any hdd and watch it in the BIOS .... would be cool to have a utility external or in the OMV GUI that could do the same ....
    like the physical device page but with the purpuse to identify all or any HDDs .... for a good programmer that should be a 10 to 30 line script i guess ..... i could even write you a flow chart or block diagram for that

cheers - ahab666

@Wabun :

will do so - but at the moment i have troubles to ifentify the culprit physically - i labled the disks with their LUN number from my controller bios .... like 0 to 11 ...
    now i need to find a way ro re-lable them with the OMV naming scheme like sdb, sbc, ... a.s.o.

what is the easiest way to do so without causing a "raid-break up" - so my question is - are theese namings sdb, sdc a.s.o. somehow constant, like written to the physical disk ?

the raid is back to 11 useable disks but i am afraid that i might DBAN anoter of the working ones rather than the potentially defective one - i allready got a new hdd for replacement ...

i'd like to suggest a utility (proggie or script) within OMV that makes it easy to identify the Harddiscs by simply removing and reconnecting one after the other without irritating the Raid

is there any free texteditor for windows that is able to read and display unix log files correctly ?

cheers - ahab666 aka alex

dban'ed 2 HDDs, one seems to be unrecoverable ... will dban the failed one again with multipass and verification ...
    another question - any idea how to identify the faulty hdd within my hdd cages .... seemsd like omv changes the
    device names sdb, sdc etc. randomly with every reboot ...

cheers

@Wabun

well the raid rebuild was finished and yes i stopped all services exepf dor the ssh/telnet one, i deleted all samba shares before i stopped the samba service
    there is one detail i missed in the last msg ... when i look at the shared folder in use tab i see that it is used by
    config/system/omvextrasorg/resetperms and
    config/system/shared/sharedfolder
    if you know any telnet commandline options how to force to stop services i would be very happy to learn about them ...

cheers and thx for your patience

@Wabun

not too bad - but a little bit overwhelmed and confused :-> - seems like i nuked one wong HDD but raid rebuild worked with 11 of the 12 HDDs - and there is another minor problem
    as i was curious if my data survived - i created used one shared folder and started samba, createde a share and voila - was able to check the files in there ...
    now that shared foleder is marked as referenced - so i cannot unmount the filesystem or remove the share entry ... :/

any ideas ?

Hey good news, mdadm seems to have enough informations to start the rebuild. But I see a faulty spare, was there one before?

I would let it rebuild without further action, then make a backup of all your data and start from scratch with a fresh installation of the whole box. And check all the hardware for other problems, such a thunderstorm can do a lot of not so funny things. That's why I have a UPS for all my boxes.

Even if the raid is rebuilding you should see your shared folders from a windows box. Do you?

problem is the raid is not rebuilding any longer :

Code
    root@OMV:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
    md127 : active raid6 sdm[13](F) sdb[0] sdl[11] sdk[10] sdj[9] sdi[12] sdh[6] sdg[5] sdf[4] sde[3] sdd[2] sdc[1]
          29301350400 blocks super 1.2 level 6, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [12/11] [UUUUUUU_UUUU]

i will try to mount the file system with only 10 discs ....
    and i am sorry i dont have the capacities to backup all my files :/

@datadigger et al

and

from the GUI

will take some time - i guess - lets wait and see - cheers

@Wabun :

Code
    root@OMV:~# mdadm --manage /dev/md127 --add /dev/sdi
    mdadm: Cannot open /dev/sdi: Device or resource busy
    root@OMV:~# mdadm --manage /dev/md127 --add /dev/sdj
    mdadm: Cannot open /dev/sdj: Device or resource busy
    root@OMV:~#

sorry - same as before ;-/

i will reinstall OMV agaian an check if there is any difference ...

@Wabun et al :

i did not touch the HDDS . i took out my controller card and always connected only one HDD to the mainboard to do the testing and the reconnect it zo the controller (NO hardware raid !!!)
    the hdds are still connected as they were since i use OMV .....