Beiträge von putergod

It all works here on OMV 7 and Debian 12.

Not for me it wasn't

So, I got qbittorrent working by doing something I did not want to do. I bypassed the docker networks and assigned it its own ip on my local network. That way, whatever on the host is grabbing port 8080 won't affect it, and whatever is causing it to refuse to work on any other port won't affect it.

I'm out of suggestions other than to abandon the markusmcnugen image and switch to dyonr, or gderf, or a fork of gderf https://github.com/coldsilk/docker-qbittorrentvpn

I would also suggest getting a naked docker of linuxserver.io qbittorrent working first before complication things with VPN.

But that's just it, I couldn't get a vanilla qbittorrent client to work. I'll try a few more, but this is driving me insane. It seems like Linux is stuck listening on port 8080, because even with zero containers, 8080 still responds with that 404 error. But then, no other port will work on qbittorrent either. All the other containers seem to be working find, it's just qbittorrent. I think the actual issue lies with either OMV7 or Debian 12

Add those, redeployed both, same issue.

Currently in the "markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn" image (no gluetun) and this is the qbittorent log:

Redeployed the official with gluetun - same result. Tried 8080 and 8081

qbittorent log:

Gluetun log:

Current logs for markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn

I change that line, and there was no change. Tried using port 8080 and using port 8081 and got the same results I've been getting.

I've tried like 3 or 4 different qBittorrent images, with and without VPN, and I couldn't get none of them to load the webui. They all say they are running. Everything looks like it should work but can't get to the webui.

When I try to access the qBittorrent web UI, I get the following (in edge and chrome), when using the default port of 8080:

Code
    404 page not found

If I change the webui port to literally anything else not in use, I get:

Edge:

Chrome:

Code
    This site can’t be reached

omv7 refused to connect.

Try:
    Checking the connection
    Checking the proxy and the firewall

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

These results have been the same no matter how I deployed, whether I used VPN or not, and no matter how I used VPN.

I have deployed with the built in Docker Compose plugin.

I have deployed using Portainer.

I have deployed using Gluetun as the VPN container

I have deployed the official qBittorrent container with no vpn settings at all

I have deployed the markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn image (this is what I used on OMV5 and it worked flawlessly) with Gluetun still installed (but not reference by the container)

I have deployed the markusmcnugen/qbittorrentvpn image without Gluetun installed

I have deployed in the stack with all the other media containers (will see in the compose file below)

I have deployed by itself with no other containers installed

I have deployed in a self stack (only container in the stack in portainer)

Nothing seems to work. I cannot get the webui of qBittorrent to load. Other webui's for the other containers worked fine.

Other issues I ran into was docker not liking my environment file for directories, so I had put them all in the yaml.

My last effort was the container I was using in OMV5 and said to hell with gluetun. But it still didn't work.

Here's my current yaml:

My current env file:

Code
    TIME_ZONE=America/New_York
    VPN_SERVICE=Private Internet Access
    VPN_USER=(redacted)
    VPN_PASSWORD=(redacted)
    VPN_REGION="CA Montreal,CA Ontario,CA Toronto,US Atlanta,US East,US Florida,US Houston,US Texas"
    PUID=1002
    PGID=100
    MEDIA_DIRECTORY=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-c3affa24-cb7a-4e6c-b37f-7f625a468ca2/Media
    INSTALL_DIRECTORY=/Docker_Data/config
    DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY=/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-c3affa24-cb7a-4e6c-b37f-7f625a468ca2/Downloads/

The last three lines aren't currently being used because the Docker-Compose plugin was too stupid to decipher it and I kept getting an error about being unable to map it - is this a file or directory, or some BS like that. Portainer had no issue with the volume env variables. The VPN variables were originally put in for Gluetun.

Please help me getting qBittorrent work again! Thank you!!

I have OMV 4, with the docker container listed in the title. I am not sure when this happened, but I think it started within the past week or so.

This docker will not start. It keeps saying "starting" and loops. The following is what is in the logs:

Starting container with revision: baed33520630e88ba34842cab05f2cd3fd6cf28f

Creating TUN device /dev/net/tun

mknod: /dev/net/tun: File exists

Using OpenVPN provider: PIA

Provider PIA has a custom setup script, executing it

Downloading OpenVPN config bundle openvpn-nextgen into temporary file /tmp/tmp.HNgcFj

Extract OpenVPN config bundle into PIA directory /etc/openvpn/pia

No VPN configuration provided. Using default.

Modifying /etc/openvpn/pia/default.ovpn for best behaviour in this container

Setting OpenVPN credentials...

adding route to local network 192.168.1.0/24 via 192.168.1.1 dev eno1

RTNETLINK answers: File exists

This just keeps repeating. This docker has been working for the past year, so I have no idea why it's not working now. My PIA sub is still active, and the docker has the correct credentials. Any help will be greatly appreciated!