Beiträge von lukas_tre

Hey Guys,

installing OMV on my raspberry pi 4 turns out harder than expected. A while after starting the installation of OMV the process is stuck and don´t go on. The following message appears in the last line of the terminal field:

"IP address may change and you could lose connection if running this script via ssh."

I already tried restarting the installation with a fresh install of raspberryos but it still does not work. Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I was thinking a long time about installing my own NAS server at home when I came across OpenMediaVault.

I am using a MacBook Pro 2017 with Mac Os Big Sur. Now I want to connect my external drive (WD Elements) to the Raspberry Pi and OMV to create my own NAS system. Now my question is what format I should use for this drive.

I saw some instructions on installing OMV and they all used ex4t. But sometimes I am not at home and work mobile. In case I don't have internet I want to carry my external drive with me to get direct access via the thunderbolt port of my macbook. I think that mac os don't support ex4t. So is it possible to use a exfat filesystem with OVM?

Thanks a lot :)

Lukas