Beiträge von TiredHornet

Hi,

I am experiencing some trouble with OMV. I was in the changing the Docker-Compose "docker storage" path from the default "/var/lib/docker" to an SSD. Because I didn't want to use the long absolut path I though a Symlink would make things easier. I created a Symlink for the SSD and inserted a new path in "docker storage" (ssdm2/docker). From this point I am a bit fuzzy what I did next. Multiple tries to apply t hese setting a reverting back to the standard "/var/lib/docker" failed with errors. I then tried to install the OMV updates including "linux-image-6.1.0-0.deb11.6-amd64 6.1.15" which also didn't work.

The common part in the error messages that I saw was:

Code
    Failed to create or replace /initrd.img: Is a directory at /usr/bin/linux-update-symlinks line 72.

The complete error messages can be found below. Any help or pointers on how to solve this are welcome.

Kind regards,

TiredHornet

Error from applying settings in docker-compose:

[TO LONG TO POST HERE]. I attached everything in the text fiel below.

Error from kernel update:

Thank you ryecoaaron for the instant reply!

It is the one with the parity file on it and no data.

Okay, I found the "snapraid.parity" file!

snapraid config needs to look like the old one. Add the drives in the same order as the old config if you can access your old system drive. mergerfs doesn't matter other than using the same policy if you want to.

I found a the "snapraid.conf" file one the other three drives

So I would just setup snapraid identically.

I wouldn't use LVM.

Okay, I can't really remember why I set it up. But I guess one of the drives is setup as LVM. It is the my device "/dev/sdd" but it shows up as "/dev/dm-0" under file systems. Can I get rid of LVM without losing my data on that drive? If not are there downsides I should be aware of if I just keep it this way?

Hi,

I moved my OMV server to new hardware in rush and naturally some mistakes happend. Especially, I did not make notes of my exact setup...

My old setup was OMV 4 with Snapraid and MergerFS for drive pooling. I had a 4x 4 TB setup with one drive the parity drive. I wan't the setup to be the same on the new system but a number of questions have arisen:

1.) I am not completely sure which drive was a parity drive. I assume it the one with pratically no storage left (~500MB). But how can I easily check this? (I still have the old system drive if that is any help)

2.) Once I know which drives are data and which is the parity drive, how would I go about creating/recovering my Snapraid + MergerFS setup?

3.) I already mounted all four drives. Interestingly, only one drive automatically appear in LVM. I could of course add the other drives as LVM but I am not sure if this is a good idea.

As you can see I have a lot of question here. Any help is highly appreciated!

Best regards,

TiredHornet

New OMV6 Server: Fujitsu D3644-B, Intel Core i3-8100, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, Sandisk SanDisk pSSD 128GB (USB), 4x 4TB WD40EFRX

I finally moved from OMV 2 to OMV3. With that I also had to abandon aufs. I used to old pooling(aufs) plugin together with SnapRaid for some parity.

While OMV 3 is running, I do have some issues with the new union file system. I cannot recover my old shares created using aufs. Although, the shares have the same name as before.

So what are my options? Since one of the disks seems to be quit a mess anyway (old shares and old pools). I think I would like to format them and then rebuild the union file system from scratch.

1) For that I would first copy the old shares spread across two disks to a new disk using rsync.
    2) Format the old disks contain the messy pooled data (disconnect to backup drive to be safe)
    3) Rebuild the union filesystem using the formated drives
    4) Copy everything to the new union-filesystem.

Does this sound like a good plan to you? :?:

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade from OMV 2 to OMV 3 with a clean install as recommended. As I understand aufs pooling is no longer supported in OMV 3.0. Instead, I can use mergerfs. Currently, I am using my pool with Snapraid and I plan to use Snapraid after the reinstall. So my questions are:
    1) How do I migrate from a Aufs pool to mergerfs. Do I need to do anything before the reinstall?
    2) What about my Snapraid configuration? Will the parity disk need to be "rebuild"?
    3) I have any additional disk I'd like to add to my pool. What would be the best time in this setup/installation to add it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers
    TiredHornet

I decided to add another HDD to my Snapraid + aufs setup. Before I make a mess of everything, I would like to review the procedure for this with you.

1) Install the drive (and labelled it :) ) [done]
    2) Creat phyisical and logical volumes [done]
    3) Create a filesystem on the drive and mount it [done]
    4) Under Snapraid -> Drives add the drive as a data drive and include the content file
    5) Under pooling(aufs) -> Pools edit the existing pool and add a new branche (plus sign) with the new drive.

Is that about it? Am I missing anything? I haven't done 4 and 5 yet.

Best,
    TiredHornet

I finally got around to fixing this problem. I asked in the SnapRaid forum and was told to check the snapraid.conf file for any mention of "parity.file" and "parity.file.lock". Since they were not in the config file. it was safe to delete them using - rm -

Code
    rm parity.file
    rm parity.file.lock

Now all drives included in my snapraid setup have the same amount of disk space used.

Hi,

my parity disk is much more full than the data disk in my snapraid configuration. The difference is about 1 TiB with 3.58 TiB drives. From what I understand about Snapraid this should not be the case. Is there any way to find out what is going on? It might be that there is some old data on the parity drive from an OMV configuration I was running before the current.

The filesytems currently look like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q84…tems_TiredHornet.JPG?dl=0
    wdrperry it the parity drive and wdrbety and wdratlan are the data drives.

My Snapraid configuration:

my snapraid status:

I found the thread you probably mean:

btsync shared folders permissions

Adding btsync to the omv group users doesn't seem like a good idea. Since then btsync has privileges everywhere the users group does. If I open the share to everyone (777 mode) does that mean that anyone with access to the can change delete everything on that share? The worst case I can think of is that somebody deletes the whole content of the share and btsync then deletes everything for the computers it sync with. Could this happen easily? My server can be reached remotely for owncloud and plex too. Is this in anyway dangerous with respect to mod 777 for the btsync share folder?

I'm trying to setup btsync and for this a need a shared folder where the user/group btsync has RW permissions. I have created a shared folder called syncuser and am now getting an error when setting the ACL.

Code
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all -m 'default:user:btsync:7,user:btsync:7,default:group:btsync:7,group:btsync:7,default:user::7,user::7,default:group::7,group::7,default:other::5,other::5' -- '/media/0ac8fcaa-903a-4333-9f8f-c3fe6c23a610/raumzeitfalte/btsync/users//' 2>&1': setfacl: /media/0ac8fcaa-903a-4333-9f8f-c3fe6c23a610/raumzeitfalte/btsync/users//: Operation not supported' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:1172
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

So what am I doing wrong? This is what I tried to apply:

So what am I doing wrong?

Hi,

Here is my situation. At home my wife an I have a desktop and 2 laptops. Usually we work on the desktop, but sometimes we both need to do something on the computer. Up to now we do not have the same files on both the desktop and the laptop. I would like to change that.

This might be a stupid question, but what should I use if I want to sync documents and pictures for different users between a desktop computer and a laptop? I should add that both are windows 7 PCs and essentially I would like to keep the \Users\<Username>\Documents and \Users\<Username>\Pictures folders synced.

I don't necessarily need remote syncing if that changes anything.

Greets
    TiredH