Posts by symowallo

Hi guys, been running OMV for a couple of years now and got the shock of my life when I couldn't access files over SMB. I can see the files but cannot copy or open them (from a Windows client - usually get "the specified network name is no longer available"). This is NOT a name resolution issue however.

So I tried to login to the OMV GUI. Multiple browsers, multiple computers. It simply goes straight back to the login page.

I was able to login as root via SSH and tried reinstalling OpenMediaVault using the apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault command but this did not make a difference.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks for the opinions. Like I said, or possibly implied - I know people have done it, but I was more after experiences than anything else.

I am only backing up my server to crashplan, as my clients backup to the server anyway - or at least they should be.

Main thing is to avoid having to run multiple systems to do backup. I find that if you have to think about it, it doesn't happen.

Fear not david or whatever your name is, I'm not trying to be annoying, so please relax a little.

Hi, I am looking at replacing my WHS as one of the disks has died, with OpenMediaVault. I currently use Crashplan (paid) to backup my server to the cloud and am happy with it. I'd like to continue that when I replace the server. For those who've mucked around with Crashplan on OpenMediaVault, what do you think of it, and is it reliable?

I know that Code42 are a business and they make money out of it - I don't mind. I just don't want to have to run a separate box to backup the NAS to Crashplan. I have heard of some people setting up Raspberry pi's to connect to the NAS to run the Crashplan backup but I really don't want to do that. I would like the NAS to do it on its own, if possible in a reliable manner.

Your experiences and opinions would be helpful, thanks.