Posts by nicjo814

The intention was to avoid crashes due to not having specified a port for the TCP API. The port is set in db when the plugin is enabled if I remember correctly. The plugin does not enable/disable docker service itself.

I am working on the plugin to deprecate the tcp consult api, instead using the unix socket domain.

Great news! I never wanted to use the tcp port to begin with :-)

the other is that now php-curl supports unix sockets in php7

This was exactly the issue I was having back when the plugin was created, thus I had to use tcp...

But my concern is the upgrade scripts in the package upgrade so we can actually close the tcp port in DOCKER_OPTS

What are your concerns regarding this?

We should stick with the usage of the -H parameter in DOCKER_OPTS and/or simply leave a note there for the user to create a symlink.

Sounds good to me.

Maybe we could create a routine (bash-CLI) to save all images/containers and re-import them on other location which would be the proper way IMO according to docker documentation.

I agree on this one too :-)

Really nice work with continuing the development of the plugin!

how does one get upgraded to .10 now?

Sorry, I have not explained this yet :-) The 3.1.10 version depends on a yet unreleased version of the omvextras plugin. You will know that you have the proper version of omvextras when there is a "Docker CE" repo available.

To upgrade the docker plugin:
    * Enable the Docker CE repo in omvextras
    * Search for updates in the "Update Manager"
    * Install the docker plugin in the "Update manager"

I don't know when the version of omvextras with the Docker CE repo will be released though.

@ryecoaaron @subzero79 I've pushed version 3.1.10 of the plugin now to the erasmus-ce-docker repo on Bintray. I was able to install the plugin properly after activating the "Docker CE" repo in omvextras just as intended. No new version of the plugin should be pushed to the erasmus-docker/erasmus-docker2 repos on Bintray, but rather to the new erasmus-ce-docker repo.

can someone tell me how to update the image that the containers are using??? i feel like im taking crazy pills. i dont see anywhere in the GUI. so i run docker pull <some-image> and then i just end up with two images. then it just becomes a pain to redo all of the volumes. would be nice to export and import that stuff if updating the image doesnt work.

There is no "built in" way to do this with docker. One common approach is to stop/remove the running container, pull the new image, start up a new container based on the new image. Of course this requires that you have your data stored outside of the container and that you remember how the container was started...

Also take a look to the booth screenshots, the web panel should be to find on 192.168.178.54:9982 or *9981? But there i get jut an basic error?!?
    Were is my mistake?

In the first image it looks like you haven't forwarded any ports. Without this you won't be able to access the container when it runs in bridged mode. Have a look at the guide located here: OpenMediaVault Docker-GUI Plugin Usage [ x86_64 Arch only] on how to forward ports.

@ryecoaaron I've pushed a new version of the plugin to GitHub that uses the docker-ce package instead of docker-engine. Could you test (build) this locally on your end with the yet unreleased omvextras plugin where the "Docker CE" repo is present? The idea is to build version 3.1.10 of the docker plugin and then push it to the erasmus-docker-ce repo on Bintray.

The following test cases exist:
    * Docker plugin installed < 3.1.9 should result in not being able to enable the Docker CE repo in omvextras.
    * No docker plugin installed, or version 3.1.9 installed should make it possible to enable the Docker CE repo.

When the Docker CE repo is enabled it should be possible to "upgrade" the plugin via the standard OMV gui (Update Management).

I understand that it's quite a bit of work to test this, but it would be extremely welcome :-) I've tested it before myself, but it would be nice with a second pair of eyes to check for potential issues...

I'm trying to test a FreePBX docker image except I have no clue how the networking works.

I would advise you to either start the container via CLI or use the macvlan network driver which is supported in the latest version of the plugin (released just a minute ago). This due to the fact that FreePBX uses lots of port ranges, which the plugin does not really support very well. I'm running FreePBX myself within a docker container and I've used the macvlan driver with good results.

Version 3.1.9 of the plugin is now released. Changelog below:

* Add restart policy menu. Includes always, on-failure, unless-stopped.
    * Add basic macvlan support in the gui to select the network and add the ip address.
    * Retain the extra arguments on modify container action.
    * Add clear log button.
    * Add tab for networks management
    * Add services indicator
    * Various UI fixes
    * Use dockerd for daemon startup