Beiträge von deemaglee

Not sure I understand what you're saying. Maybe you're not understanding what I'm saying so I'll rehash:

I had reserved the ethernet connection in DHCP already so it has the same IP, and the MAC never changes.

1. Installed Raspbian. SSH works.

2. Installed OMV. Rebooted. Network failed to come up, I even tried setting it in raspi-config to wait for network to come up during boot.

3. Hmm. Can't get to SSH or OMV admin site. Can't ping. Can login at server command line console but don't know Linux enough to start debugging. Did I do something wrong? Let's start over.

4. Wipe SD card and reinstall Raspbian.

5. Try SSH. STILL doesn't connect!

6. Router reboot. Able to connect. Aha!

7. Install OMV & reboot. Network failed again.

8. Reboot router. Bingo! OMV admin site comes up :)

Has been stable ever since.

Solution: The router needs to be rebooted.

After re-flashing my card with Raspbian buster lite I still couldn't SSH to the Pi. Restarted the router and SSH connected. Then I installed OpenMediaVault and couldn't SSH after the installation completed and the Pi had rebooted. Restarted the router again and the web interface came up.

Hi,

I just followed instructions for installing at https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ing_OMV5_on_an%20R-PI.pdf

I have a new Pi 4 4GB with new 128GB SD and copy of buster, all installed as per instructions including SHA check, formatting, h2testw, and Etcher.

After running the installation "wget" command and rebooting, the Pi can't be reached by ssh and is unresponsive to a ping. I have reserved the IP in DHCP so that isn't the problem either. I am connected by ethernet. The left LED is flashing green, right is solid orange. My router is quite old, a Linksys E2500.

I am a relative Linux noob (I work in IT though) so have no idea where or how to start troubleshooting this. Can someone please suggest where to start?

Many thanks,

-Diarmaid