Beiträge von terry778

I did backup my OS drive, and tried to add the sid repo and upgrade Intel(R) Media Driver for VAAPI 21.1.1,

there was a option which is

Code
    Configuration file '/etc/systemd/logind.conf'
    ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
    ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
    What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
    D     : show the differences between the versions
    Z     : start a shell to examine the situation

no matter Y or N i picked, it will remove the plugins, and the OMV webui will no long be logged in.

the reason i tried to upgrade is jellyfin can not use HWA, but plex can, and also.

vainfo with current VAAPI driver (18)show

Code
    error: can't connect to X server!
    libva info: VA-API version 1.4.0
    libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
    libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_4
    vainfo: intel_memman.c:38: intel_memman_init: Assertion `intel->bufmgr' failed.

vainfo with VAAPI 21.1.1 shows

but HWA not working in jellyfin even i upgraded VAAPI driver.

For now, i would restore my OS drive, but i still want a way to upgrade the VAAPI driver,

and still figuring how to get HWA work in jellyfin.

finally solved!

gen 10th gpu driver issue and r8125 2.5g network card issue. hope this could help others meet the same issues.

1. gpu issue, check the link below,

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux…b560_motherboard_for_now/

actually is to install kernel 5.12

2. r8125 2.5g driver issue.

Code
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall linux-headers-$(uname -r) linux-headers-generic build-essential dkms

dowload the lastest driver from realtek website, extract the tar file, cd download folder, then ./autorun.sh

should be working right now!

That means that you have some fancy hardware that Debian isn't able to pass.

What you can try is, unplug all that's not needed (Cards, drives, etc) until you have a running Live OS.

After, plug one device and reboot again until you see where it goes wrong.

Im running a base system for now, nothing others pluging in already, i think this B560m is too new to Debian,

it seens nothing i can do.... 2.5g network card is what i can firgue out and i also compiled the driver and i works.

maybe the QRSL cpu, its a es version.

yes, i did use 99% when im using my nas, but my nas is placed in my basement, and also connect with monitor, keyboard and mouse, like i changed my network card today, if i can get things done, i dont need to run up and down, and personally, i really want to firgue this out.....

i found that the moment it started change resolution, thats the moment it started out of signal, but i tred

https://askubuntu.com/question…e-grub2-screen-resolution

set 640*480, still same....

Is there a particular reason you need a display? Just us SSH.

Have you tried manually setting your screen resolution? It could be that when it hits that point, it's going out of range for your display...

https://linuxhint.com/set_scre…lution_linux_kernel_boot/

problems which i need to use omv-firstaid, i have to use monitor. normally i did use SSH, but just in case.

i just tried this link, and same.

And i also tried a 2k screen today, still same, i think the resolution wont be a problem, but thanks for suggestions buddy.

Do u think is there any other problem will make this happen?

Just upgrade my motherboard and CPU(qrsl+asrock b560m steel), have to reinstall OMV5 cuz bios and uefi issue.

when i finished installation and restart, after the logo screen, it showed

r8169 0000:03:00.0 unknow chip XID 641

/dev/nvme0n1p2: recovering journal

/dev/nvme0n1p2: clean, 50442/6771600 files, 998579/27033600 blocks

after this, the screen will out of signal, tried changing cable and monitor, and same.

so the display devices must be fine.

then i tried install debian with gui, i still can not get in gui, but the monitor was stay on and with signal, but just a cursor.

there is another problem, which is the driver of 2.5G network card, but i did compile it after upgrade to kernel 5.10, i think it will work.

start regreting to upgrade these, driving me crazy already...no legacy supported....no driver....and now no display....

plz help me out guys....

The command is easy but it is also easy with the plugin. Create a new linux VM and attach the synoboot.img as the first hard drive. Once the VM is created, add another hard drive using the synology.img. I did this with an existing linux vm that had 8 hard drives.

What are you restoring? Do the .img files not exist? If they exist, a new VM isn't a rebuild if you use the existing image files. It should just start like it was the original VM. I just did this myself with 12 VMs when I switched from proxmox to the kvm plugin.

thanks for suggestions, im installing omv5 right now, i will give a try, hope that will work.

Are you using the kvm plugin? It would be quite easy by attaching the existing disks to a new VM.

Im using plugin to manage it, but i think is easier to build by command, because synology needs a boot drive, im not sure how to get this done is plugin. But for now, really dont know how to restore it, i used synology moment to manage my photos, it took a couple weeks to organic my photos, so i want to restore it instead of rebuild. Any suggestion? buddy.

After upgrade motherboard and cpu, i have to reinstall OMV5, and there is a synology kvm using img form before,

is there anyway to restore it.

this is the way how i build it.

Code
    virt-install --name=synology --vcpus=2 --ram=1024 \
    --os-type linux \
    --disk path=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk7/synology/synoboot.img,bus=sata \
    --disk path=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk7/synology/synology.img,format=qcow2,size=1500,bus=sata \
    --boot menu=on \
    --network bridge=br0,model=e1000 \
    --noautoconsole \
    --graphics vnc,listen=0.0.0.0,port=5903

if your boot disk is used only for boot ( no data partition), is safe to do a new fresh reinstall and boot from it, once works, is really easy to configure services by hand, because data disk are detected and only need to recreate shared folders.

thanks for replying. my docker appdata is in OS drive, is there anyways that i can backup and restore for settings? like portainer settings and kvm settings, these are the most important to me

I was using G4600+B250M, trying to replace by QSRL+Asrock b560m steel,

the os drive was detected, but can't be the boot drive. Im not pretty sure my is drive was installed by legacy or uefi, I installed last year. If it is legacy, I'm wondering that is there any ways to conver my os drive from legacy to uefi without lossing datas. I've been using it for 1 yr, its hard to restore all the settings.

Thanks!

Brought a new 14T HDD, and is mounted by brtfs, it is being showed in filesystem, when i try to add it in unionfs, snapraid,

or add new sharedfolder, it is not visble in all these, with error, can someone help me please...

Tried to apple a sharedfolder on NFS, it showed

I didn't use NFS for a long time, it worked before, but this time it failed.....