Posts by Schmedi

Hello,

I have a little problem/question. I built a NAS on my one with omv5. I made file Shares over SMB/CIFS. I also want to connect with my NAS from outside my network for that i installed OpenVPN and connected every thing. It now work realy fine with my Windows notebooks, i can connect from everywhere which is nice.

The problem now is, that i can't connect a MAC notebook via OpenVPN. What is wrong, do i have to change something in the settings from my MAC or my NAS?

The special thing is, that i can connect my MAC via a mobile hotspot form my natel with OpenVPN but when i am connectet with a Wlan-router then it doesn't work.

Can someone explain this special situation?

Thank you

Hello Everybody

I have a problem with the autoshutdown. In the dashboard it shows green at Enabled but it has e red point on Running. I have this problem since i changed the network from ethernet to bridge.

In the logs it shows this error:

ERR: '_check_networkconfig(): No valid network interface found, exiting ...'

I tried to restart the whole autoshutdown and also the NAS but it all doesn't worket.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Thank you,

Schmedi

Thank you, i now know what the problem was. I had no internet connection with my NAS and i added a dns server (8.8.8.8) in my interface. Now i have internet on my NAS and also see the plugins.

Autoshutdown is now enabled but not running, i am now searching for a solution for that.

Aah I now found out what was the problem with the driver. I had to change the the bus to sata of the data medium in the VM settings. Now i am having a running Windows 10 VM.

But i can't go in the internet with the VM. Does someone know what to do? I have made the settings with the bridged network as it is explained in the Guide.

Sure i can give you this information.

Mainboard: H110 Pro BTC+

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G33900 " 2.8GHz

Ram: 8GB

I installed OMV 5 on it.

Hey i now could start the installation of Windows 10 on the VM. But it doesn't find a Driver and i can't select one. When i click on scan this is what i can see:

But when I click on one folder this error message appears:

What is wrong this, why can't i select something.

Hey Everybody

I have a Problem with the Plugins.

The problem began with the Autoshutdown. Autoshutdown doesen't worked anymore on my NAS. So I deinstalled Autoshutdown but then i could not install Autoshutdown again. After that i searched for a solution. I went to EMV-Extras and pushed the button "apt clean" and since then i can't see the plugins. I see just some Plugins which i had installed but the size is 0.00 B. I can't see the plugins which i hadn't installed before.

Can someone help me with this problem.

Thank you,

Schmedi

Okey then i will try this. But what do i have to chose in the installation source? I tried it once ond I became this message:

ERROR Could not find an installable distribution at '/dev/sdf1' The location must be the root directory of an install tree. See virt-install man page for various distro examples. Domain installation does not appear to have been successful. If it was, you can restart your domain by running: virsh --connect qemu:///system start BimBamBum otherwise, please restart your installation.

Hey everybody

I want to build a Virtual Machine (Windows 10) on my NAS. On my NAS is OMV 5 installed.

I found this guid.

https://medium.com/axon-techno…er-container-c78e4c3f9ba1

But the problem is at point 7, it can't locate the package. This is the message:

Code
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package linux-image-5.9.0-0.bpo.5-amd64
    E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-image-5.9.0-0.bpo.5-amd64'
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-image-5.9.0-0.bpo.5-amd64'

I don't kow what i am doing wrong. Is there a way to make a VM with Windows 10 on OMV 5?

Thank you, for your help.

Schmedi