Posts by wireless

Hi

everybody, this is not strictly related with this forum but I need to replicate the operation of ups-plugin (turn off the machine if necessary, send mail to inform status' changes) on another linux machine, no omv.

The omv plugin is great, just activated it and it works well without any problems.

To do almost the same on the other system, which softwares should I install, in what order and how/where they have to be configurated?

I think the steps are:

1. install some email tools (which?)
    2. install network ups tools https://networkupstools.org/ for ups management
    3. config both softwares: network up tools have to be configured "double", once for how sending mails (I mean, which email software etc) and once for describing when sending mail. Maybe all of this can be done together with a single file.

Can someone help with me about how doing this things?

Thanks in advice!!!!!

hi, maybe we should start a new thread or going private since this thread is marked as solved...

By the way, I dont know if this feature you report

Supports Wake-on: gsf

Means you can activate WOL, you should ask better into a PI related forums.

You may try at your own risk the command I posted before. I dont know more, just reported you some notes I understood/toke/used from a wiki page, cannot help further 😬

Hi cubimin, thanks for anserwing, maybe I explained myself in a bad way... I dont want to change the host name, I wanna intercept where, why and how the name is taken to be used as mail subject automatically... I want to remove this feature or modify it. Maybe a smtp config, but dont know where...

Hi, first of all I wanna say thanks to @TechnoDadLife for his video!

I have a proposal for eventually future version (I see sometime they have been done) or, however, a couple of note to put somewhere in the howto:

- if someone would like to use nextcloud on omv, that should be one of the first step so you after copies data directly into the right nextcloud folder instead of, like I did, moving it from the previous location :D inside nextcloud itself. If I understood, you cannot tell nextcloud where data are, the nextcloud data folder that you specify must be empty... or not? Just as an advice. Of course, this in case you dont want to use "external drive" functions, that I dont like (think the native access is better);

- second, to see you copied file, you have to execute - inside the container! - the OCC script that allows nextcloud to "see" the new data and fill the db with the metadata required.

Bye!

Hi,

I'm configuring smtp server.

Everything is ok, mail has been sent etc and it automagically works with apcupsd for alerting power outage.

The "strange" thing I noted is that the mail subject always contains a predefined string between [ ], that's the host name (more or less: it is hostname.local).

How can I change it?

For me, not working.

I have WOL installed.

I dont know raspberry, supposing its nic has wol enabled.

Check if lan card support WOL is available for the operative system.

In the shell uses the command

ethtool eth0

where eth0 is you NIC.

If it is supported, the output should have:

Supports Wake-on: pumbg

Wake-on: g.

If last is not present but there is a "d" in "Supports wake-on", it means you can enable it with

ethtool -s eth0 wol g

This config has lost if restart, you have to put this line as last, under the related interface

up ethtool -s eth0 wol g

in /etc/network/interfaces

Hi everybody,

I'm very new to omv+homelab and I need some tips about what solution could be better to deploy.

The problem is related to certificates for https services on my lan.

I've seen the letsencrypt approach but - if I've understood well - its main goal is to enable https connections from internet to my intranet, using duckdns for dns name.

In my case, I connect from outside (internet) to inside (lan) via a wireguard tunnel based on an external VPS... so I should have secured the connection in this way.

Remain the problem that, everytime I connect to a lan server of mine, using a self-signed certificate, I have to accept the risk etc etc... and of course this is boring.

Now, what can be done to solve this?

I think:

1. add the self-signed certificates to the browsers: I'm not sure it works, but I need effort to do this for every browser I use (pc, laptop, smartphones, tablet...)
    2. using a private "internal" certification authority (but I think I have to add this a root CA into the browser, so I just moved the problem...), such as this dockered one, https://hub.docker.com/r/bitnami/ejbca/
    3. or I can configure swag / letsencrypt / certbot to have certificates from an outside CA for internal server? Reversing the question: can these tools release a certificate for a server with private ip? Or I have to obtain certificates for publicip +duckdns name and those will be valid even if I connect to private ip/name? I think it is impossible, how they can "certificate" that... that's why I've started to evaluate the previous solution. Maybe I just have not understood well how letsencrypt and friends work ^^
    4. other easier and best solutions I have not tought about ?(

Thanks in advice!

First, the mariadb "latest", which is implied in your yml runs on mariabionic, which is incompatible (will give you errors on NC) with the "latest" version of NC (v21).

You'll need to recreate the stack with a tag added to mariadb:

image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/mariadb:alpine

maybe this part could be placed into the how-to, because actually the docker config there posted, does not work... what do you think?

Thanks, thanks really thanks Soma!

I solved it oh my god, it works! I'm almost crying :)

I have to execute the shell inside the container and there start the occ files:scan...

Maybe doing these things at 2 a.m. is not good... but this is the moment my family give me :D

I think I have to understand better and better how containers work (but that's why I've built this homelab).

Hi everybody,

I'm getting out crazy after our of testing of a couple of machine, both with last OMV 5 + docker + portainer.

The problem should be due to nextcloud but maybe you have seen it before.

I used the how-to step-by-step related topic here, with a minor change (just nextcloud + mariadb for now, removed swag container), as you can see:

Now, everything is ok but I want to copy my file inside nextcloud so I have to:

1. copy them, of course;
    2. run occ tool of nextcloud that allows the system to update the db metadatas with my files.

The second step is the problem.

First, I've got a missing module error on both systems and with

php -m

I noted that no mysql module is loaded.

So, I've installed it with

apt-get install php7.3-mysql

Then I execute again

sudo -u myUserName php occ

obtaining

Code
    An unhandled exception has been thrown:
    Doctrine\DBAL\Exception: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /nextcloud/config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:85

this is the config.php file

Any suggestion? :(:(