Posts by greg77

Hi,

I use backup plugin with scheduled backup jobs (running every 2 days).

There is an option Keep (with description "Keep the last x days of backups"). I have is set to 5, but doesn't seems like old backups are deleted. At the moment I have 7 backups and the oldest is from the 17th of Feb. The only non-standard thing is a different path and additional sub-directory for backups added in /etc/default/openmediavault and it looks like that:

Code
    OMV_BACKUP_DIR_NAME="/backups/omvbackup/`date +%y-%m-%d-%H`/"
    OMV_BACKUP_FILE_PREFIX="omv__"

which saves a backup to /backups/omvbackup/ and sub-directory with a current date and hour.

Could anyone explain how to set it up to keep only last few backups please?

Thanks

Greg

It doesn't look like /srv takes lot of space.

Is the 5.1G in root fs ("/") a swapfile?

Also 1.5G in /var looks suspicious after cleaning logs and apt cache.

try du -xhd1 /var to see, but anyway it's only 1.5GB (BTW what is the size of your drive?).

Code
    sudo apt-get clean
    sudo apt-get autoremove -y
    sudo find /var/log -mindepth 1 -mtime +3 -delete

First two lines will clean apt cache and remove not used dependencies.

Last line will delete logs older than 3 days.

That should free up some space.

Try this command before and after the cleanup to see if there is any difference:

Code
    df –h

I'm not sure if it helps, but when I try to login to OMV from Firefox on my Android phone it redirects to login page all the time (after putting the correct credentials). Maybe it's something to do with your browser? Try a different one if you can.

I first read about the MS repo a week or so after my first OS Lite installation, then OMV installation via the script on RPi2B. Checked the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/vscode.list file. It existed, but it was empty already.

Then a couple of days ago I installed OS via the same image and OMV via the same script on my brand new RPi4 and the same situation - vscode.list file is empty.

So I don't think it's a script.

Hi all,

Yesterday one of my scheduled rsync jobs (added via services > rsync > jobs) executed ok.

Files copied, log generated, notification email sent.

Last night there was another job. Same setting as above, but syncing different folders on a different day.

I've checked it this morning - files copied, but nothing in rsync logs (last rsync jobs log is from the first job above) and no email notification.

When checked a CPU load and Disk I/O and Disk space in OMV GUI I can see there was an activity from around 2am for 2 hours, so exactly when the the rsync job was scheduled.

The system is up-to-date OMV5 on RPi4 if that helps.

I use Linux for last 15 years (as a user rather than a programmer), but never seen anything line that before.

Could someone explain it?

Please paste here a results of these two commands:

Code
    find / -iname *phpvirtualbox*

and

Code
    grep -R "phpvirtualbox" /etc/* | less

1st will output all files matching pattern *phpvirtualbox* in their name (case insensitive)

2nd will find all files in /etc which content word phpvirtualbox in them

In both cases we expect config files of php or a web server.

so you removed:

Code
    sudo rm /etc/nginx/sites-available/phpvirtualbox-webgui
    sudo rm /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/phpvirtualbox-webgui.conf
    sudo rm /etc/nginx/sites-available/phpvirtualbox-webgui

and GUI is still there?

if you want to uninstall only VB, then:

Code
    sudo apt remove virtualbox-6.1

or even better would be:

Code
    sudo apt autoremove --purge virtualbox*

You can probably uninstall php7.3-soap too and remove folder /var/www/phpvirtualbox

Hi all,

What is the difference between

Services | Rsync | Jobs

and

System | Scheduled Jobs

?

I understand that the first are for rsync only, the second one is more versatile (any command).

Can I add rsync to scheduled jobs instead if I know the command? Will it work?

Which way is preferred in OMV and why?

Thanks.

Greg

bleachbit can be used for deleting old logs and other stuff. I use GUI version under my Linux system, but there is also CLI (command line) version.

Also logrotate actually does exactly that - zips old logs to an archive file and keep them for a certain amount of days / weeks then delete them. You can re-configure it to delete them sooner.