Posts by edersong

Hi, @ryecoaaron, thank you for the feedback!

I tried to follow the instructions, but when I perform any changes to the network configuration thru interface or editing the file from /etc/netplan, the OMV disconnects from the network.

I was losing some hours to understand the issue and, for sure, the changes from file /etc/netplan (OMV web interface changes it) is causing the issue.

To come the OMV server back to the network, I have to configure it using the omv-firstaid tool.

Why the OMV network configuration changes is causing it?

Thank you in advance.

Ederson Santos

Hi folks,

I have the OMV installed on a Raspberry PI4 with RaspiOS buster lite and, due to my home physical limitations, I cannot connect it thru ethernet cable yet, so I'm trying to use it thru wifi, but it connects thru 5GHz and after sometime changes to 2,4GHz automatically which is causing a poor transfer rates. Some considerations:

- I cannot connect thru a ethernet cable right now.

- I use the Google Wifi router, so it's not possible to use separated SSIDs for each frequency.

- I already tried the solution of editing wpa_supplicant.conf with freq_list or scan_freq parameters but it didn't work because seems that OMV uses another way to manage network connections. Found the following sentence at the /etc/network/interfaces:

# This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)

# WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.

How I can have OMV network environment configured to use only the 5GHz frequency from my wifi network?

Thank you in advance.

Ederson Santos