Posts by cypour

Backintime is a nice tool I've been using by x-forwarding.

It has a nice gui to manage and restore local or remote snapshots.

You can also browse your snapshots and restore files easily through it's gui (closest resemblance to apple's time machine I've found so far)

A web gui plugin would be nice for it (rsnapshot plugin does not do restore)

Same issue here.

omv runs as a vm in a proxmox node.
    has 4x4T disks passed-through from the node and a raid5 on them.

suddenly after a reboot I can't see no raid, the disks and the filesystem is still there in the list but refered to as missing

/proc/mdstat shows no raid.

root@omvbackup:~/# mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/vd[abcd] --verbose --force
    mdadm: looking for devices for /dev/md127
    mdadm: Cannot assemble mbr metadata on /dev/vda
    mdadm: /dev/vda has no superblock - assembly aborted

Then I go to raid management, recreate the raid from scratch with same disks and name, and voila... the filesystem is intact with all the data there...

OMV can handle as many drives your power supply+motherboard combination can support.

My max omv disk setup used to be 16 disks in raid6,
    8 from onboard sata, 4 from a promise pcie old raid controller
    and an extra 4 in an external g-drive sas enclosure + raid controller.
    on a non-server gigabyte board with a q6600 quad core.

You just don't use hardware raid, tell the controllers to expose single drives
    and let mdraid through omv do it's magic.

If you have a lot of people streaming off your plex you might want to consider raid10 also.

(raid10 performance is quite nice on COTS (common off the shelf) hardware, if you dont mind the reduced space compared to raid5/6)

For an even greater masterplan, you can use omv inside a proxmox cluster of more than one machines with ceph clustered storage as back-end.
    (we can talk about this through pm's if you like)

I've been trying all day with this but no luck.

I have two omv3 boxes, same versions and all updated.
    omv (x.x.x.254) and
    omvbackup (x.x.x.253)

On omvbackup I create a mergerfs:

Then I create the shared folder and nfs share:

Then on omv, remote mount:

Everything seems fine until:

root@omv:/srv# cd 0a504e6b-d4f2-4fb9-97f5-86aff1dd29d1/
    root@omv:/srv/0a504e6b-d4f2-4fb9-97f5-86aff1dd29d1# ls
    root@omv:/srv/0a504e6b-d4f2-4fb9-97f5-86aff1dd29d1# ls -la
    total 0
    root@omv:/srv/0a504e6b-d4f2-4fb9-97f5-86aff1dd29d1# touch test
    touch: cannot touch ‘test’: Permission denied
    root@omv:/srv/0a504e6b-d4f2-4fb9-97f5-86aff1dd29d1# mkdir test
    mkdir: cannot create directory ‘test’: Permission denied
    root@omv:/srv/0a504e6b-d4f2-4fb9-97f5-86aff1dd29d1#

I have tried both nfsv4 switch on and off on the gui.
    I have also tried manually (no remote mount plugin) from fstab:

192.168.1.253:/export/ServerBackup /srv/ServerBackup nfs rw,_netdev,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,nofail 0 0
    and also
    192.168.1.253:/ServerBackup /srv/ServerBackup nfs4 rw,_netdev,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,nofail 0 0

No matter what I do I cannot get write permissions from the client (omv)
    I'm about to try smb instead of nfs but this has become a personal vendeta and want to make nfs work.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you...

This is the dockerfile I've been using to run airdcpp-webclient:

And this is a sample run command that you can customize according to your needs:

Code
    docker run -d -p 5051:5051 -p 5052:5052/udp -p 5053:5053 -p 5600:5600 \
    -v /tank/Incoming:/Incoming -v /tank/Music:/Music -v /tank/SeriousMusic:/SeriousMusic \
    -v /root/.airdc++:/root/.airdc++ --restart=unless-stopped --name airdc airdcpp-webclient

(You need to edit a config file to set the admin username and passwd (same thing aircppd --configure does))
    (Don't have access to my installation right now, will update the post soon with filenames and more specific info etc)
    (Sorry the first post was incomplete)

Subsonic has upgraded to version 6.0 for quite a long time now
    but the plugin still reports 6.0 beta 2 as the latest version.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Sorry for the late reply.

No, checked ports on router, resaved port in settings gui, loged out and reclaimed the server, nothing worked...
    This is really weird...

Server show that remote access is enabled and green... This is doing my head in...

What else should I look for?

For about two days now, and ever since a plex upgrade notification appeared in the plex ui,
    external access does not work for me.
    I mean I can access plex from http://192.168.x.x:32400/web
    but access from plex.tv does not work even though I can see a green tick on remote access settings.

I haven't done any configuration changes on my side, it used to work and just stopped.

Does anyone know why this happened?
    Thanx in advance.

Code
    root@tank:~# mdadm --detail --scan --verbose
    ARRAY /dev/md127 level=raid6 num-devices=14 metadata=1.2 name=tank:127 UUID=d0627724:2ebc74cd:9a617e41:9dc2f5e2
    devices=/dev/sdb,/dev/sdc,/dev/sdd,/dev/sde,/dev/sdf,/dev/sdg,/dev/sdh,/dev/sdj,/dev/sdk,/dev/sdl,/dev/sdm,/dev/sdn,/dev/sdo,/dev/sdp
    Code
    root@tank:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
    md127 : active (auto-read-only) raid6 sdp[13] sdo[12] sdn[11] sdm[10] sdl[9] sdk[8] sdj[7] sdh[6] sdg[5] sdf[4] sde[3] sdd[2] sdc[1] sdb[0]
    11719563264 blocks super 1.2 level 6, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [14/14] [UUUUUUUUUUUUUU]
    unused devices: <none>

After going along this guide

http://www.starcoder.com/wordp…nux-software-raid-volume/

trying to shrink my 15 disk raid6 down by one disk.

After step 9 I rebooted the omv box normaly and saw that RAID management tab was empty.
    After trying to troubleshoot the issue with tips from here -> https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/RAID_Recovery

I'm left with a fucked up raid that displays weird stuff on the GUI. (see attachments)

There is data in that RAID that I would rather not lose if possible... (if not already lost)

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated...
    Thanx in advance...