Beiträge von aaron_a

Ok thanks guys, I will login as a user... is there any reason why it is not advisable to login as root through windows to access my files?

Also does this mean I should not go into the GUI for OMV signed in as the root too?

I don't use Windows, so I won't be much help here.. but seem to I recall reading there are some issues with Windows 10 and Guest SMB accounts.. are you trying to log in from Windows as a guest or as a user?

Yes I was just opening up the files through windows as I normally would, so as a guest I think. But it kept coming up with a windows box asking for a login, so I logged in as the root

Well I managed to access my shared files on my PC; but had to enter my user (root) and password on windows to access them for some reason.....

oh well probably a windows thing!=O

Probably should have updated this last night.... He was just lost. We took it to PM and I walked him through it. His server is a little slow so not sure how well it's going to work for him, but as of last night it was scanning his media..

Yes used it watched a film on it yesterday through PLEX on my LG TV and works fine so far.

Although I can't seem to access my NAS folders through my windows 10 laptop. Hopefully not related. I have "reset permissions" on the file system.

I access the folders using SMB/CIFS anyway I'm working on it now...

Thanks for your patience,

but I think I am going to have to abandon my efforts as I really am out of my depth, you'll probably think I'm thick but I i cannot see from the tutorial how to get the paths , puid /pgid.

I'm risking throwing the laptop on the floor lol, or maybe I'm just tired!

sorry to waste everyones time whos helped so far

Hi macom,

yes I've followed the link and have entered everything on putty you put on there.

I have also got as far as pasting the Code into putty after nano started

so I'm guessing the PUID and PGID are as you have stated?

please use this guide , is really easy to adapt to your paths:

[How-To] Install Plex Media Server (PMS) container using OMV and docker-compose

Hi would anyone be able to help a complete beginner....

I am trying to install PLEX using macom's "HOW TO"; I have got as far as using PUTTY to copy and paste the docker compose file but am unsure where to go.

How do I find my PUID and PGID please? for starters!

Then his point number 15 I am not sure which disc I am entering in here..

Hopefully someon won't mind giving me a little help please..... we were all beginners once ! =O

Forgive me if I've started a thread incorrectly - I have just joined the forum and this is the first forum I have ever joined... Also I am very new to Linux!

Anyway enough blabbering - are there any plans to make a plugin for Emby or Plex?

I have tried to install emby using Portainer a couple of times and have tried to use Portainer several times....

But always end up deleting everything (on Portainer) as I have not clue what I'm doing, even using a Technodad video or similar. I find using Dockers far to complicated!?

Is there an "easy way" to install emby (preferably to Plex) - I wish to use it with my LG Smart tv.

Little note on OMV - it was initially a project using an old work pc until I could afford a off the shelf NAS - but I like it so much I have bought two old (AM1M) motherboards and AMD Athlon APU's and made two NAS units (one for back ups).:thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers:)