Posts by neuronflow

I found conflicting information regarding this. My samba connection is pretty slow, especially when transferring many small files. Is there a way to enable afp on omv5?

Thanks for your time and efforts! :)

Saw this during installation:

Installation finished witht his. Suddenly login via ssh (requires a password), I used to auth via keyfile. I am sure I typed in the correct password for my pi but it was refused. Now it seems to block further connection requests. The pi seems still online and is reachable via ping:

It seems the installation script somehow messed with my ssh config. is there any default password I should try?

Code
    (base) meow@neuronflow ~ % ssh purr
    meow@192.168.187.5's password:
    ssh_dispatch_run_fatal: Connection to 192.168.187.5 port 22: Operation timed out

Hmm according to Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

I am supposed to use this command for installation, which is exactly the command that led me to this trouble?

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

After typing this in a tmux session on my pi this is the output I get, no change for like 40minutes now:

UPDATE: I now aborted and ran the comand with sudo, now the installation seems to progress.

after running

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

my Pi4 is not reachable. It does not even get an IP from the router anymore neither via LAN nor W-LAN.

The installation failed with a networking error, complaining about some .yaml file. I did a reboot via ssh.

From the GUI of the router (Fritzbox) I can see that the Pi4 does not even get an IP. I deleted it from the list of known devices and restarted the Pi4 a couple of times by pulling the power cable.

I had the pi4 configured via ssh and was running home assistant supervised on it. Any ideas what I could try next?