Beiträge von mamema

an other, for me new error is, that if the VNC passwords in the VM configs are longer than 8 characters, the plugin has problems (start vm etc.). This was not the case with OMV5 kvm plugin

You could also just make a script that runs under scheduled tasks that looks like:

-v is the VM

-d is the backup directory

-k is the number of backups to keep

I've come up with the following script. It's more dynamic and backs up every existing vm. Don't roast me too much, i'm not a dev.

perhaps it's a lack of understanding on my side....how do you prevent that your many vms not run at the same time?

I've just backed up 100 GB nd it took almost an hour.....

so if i calculate 1 hour for ten vms, i have ten hours, which could be only 3 hours in realtime and the 1 hour approach has 7 hours "slacktime", because other vms need less time.

An other solution would be a access option to some logging files, so i can calculate the whole timing

i have a feature request for the vm backup schedule. As i'm running several vms, it is difficult to time the backups with hours and minutes. So it would be great to have some sequential approach like: start VM2 script only, if VM1 script has finished, because if the backups are overlapping, the IO is going down because of hardware limits

so upgrade done. Almost.... working.

Everything was running smoothly until grub-pc error at the end. Then i've found a reference here to "fix grub", selected my boot usb stick.... rebooted. But there are still the omv5 ONLY entries. This boots to omv6.......

....and i'm in an all new environment. the widgets are telling me: Linux 5.10.0-13-amd64

i've tried to find something in the forums to repair/install the correct boot entry, but failed

let me know if this is still an issue with OMV 6.x. I made some changes to the OMV 6.x kvm plugin that should help with that especially when docker is involved.

oh thats great news. Sure i will do that. It was quite a pain with omv and to be honest, i didn't remember what was the solution at the end, as it was a lot fiddling on the command line involved. I'm not even sure if it was kvm or cockpit or debian or omv which was the culprit.....

Hi,

i'm a very happy omv5 user and omv5 is running fine. I had a few quirks back in the days to get it up and running.

Now i want to ask., if omv6 is ready for my environment. I have

- bare metal dell server

- booting from usb stick

- docker containers running

- kmv vms running

- everything is bridged networking and reaching each other (was quite a pain to get this working with omv5)

- plugin openmediavault-backup running

- plugin flashmemory running

- plugin remotemount running

- plugin symlinks running

- plugin diskstats running

- plugin apttool running

- plugin kvm running

- plugin locate running

- plugin nut running

- plugin omvextras running

- plugin resetperms running

i know there is no 100% everything working warranty, as every system is unique. But does anyone see some obivous no goes from the list above?

Best regards

Hi,

regarding the topic in question is this possible

I have a Reverse Proxy running, i have Authelia with OpenID running, could forward auth requests.....

Is something of the above solutions possible with OMV5?

Best regards

Thanks for reporting back.

So the UI only uses docker start portainer and does not recreate it.

Good to know.

no, i didn't say that anywhere in my post.

the OMV-extra GUI ALWAYS pulls the latest image from the docker hub. Because of that i provided the docker run command for command-cli

Perhaps i misunderstood your comment. AFTER someone use the docker run command line, YES then OMV-extra doesn't recreate the container.

For safety measures i've afterwards tagged the container from "latest" to "version" so my watchtower container doesn't automatically update portainer again.

>- tag this image with latest

has worked!

to complete the steps, after this:

(From the cli)

- stop the portainer container

- remove the portainer container

- remove the portainer images (all tags)

- pull the portainer image with the tag you want

- tag this image with latest

THIS: was needed

Code
    docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -p 9000:9000 --name=portainer --restart=always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer

THEN:

- start portainer from the UI