Beiträge von i-chat

my main 2 problems with extplorer are these:
    1 in its current implementation you cant really get access to files outseide of the shared folders stuf, so for example files in /home (coutchpotator and stuf) or in var/www (like plugings for owncloud) are (sadly) out of its scope.
    2 the slighly lesser pain in the bum, is that it issn't capable of handly ACL's witch can be an issue if you want to share a single folder like /media but waint to lock out the kids from media/adults
    3 a last thing i found out, copying or moving files from a to b can be a **tch too, specially if target folder exists you wont be offered to 'merge / replace' but you just get an exception_error but i will have moved / replace anything that ccoured befor that... this makes it incredibly unreliable.

please not that this is not a support request; but only a bit of background info for those who want to look in to this, if you want reliable data management atm your mostly better of using the cli and commands like cp and mv

hi,
    after installing OMV 1.0 i wanted to try setting up newsgroup downloading,
    however i found something that worries me as well as causing me problems.
    and i would like to both ask why, as well as ask how i could best deal with this.

sabnzbd, is being installed to /home/sabnzbd

seeing this i would gues that this is a security measure, so i can run under its own user account, witch sounds something like a verry good idea TM, the problem this causes however, is that i installed omv on a 30gb pata (notebook) drive, hardly leaving enought space for the systeam as it is... all my sata ports (6 in total) are managed via the omv webinterface witch doesn't seam to let me host any volume as /home

now looking a the transmission plugin, it lets you 'easily' select a 'shared folder' where it wil store data, the same aplies for a plugin like owncloud, so my question is, how can i best deal with this,

as i understand it now, i should create a folder in my data volume
    and from the sabnzb webgui change every single folder, manually to /mtn/<verry long string>/downloads/sabnzbd/
    and do this for logs, admin downloads temp incomplet etc etc etc...

is there a more efficient way to solve this, specially taking into acount that i would prefere not to mess to mutch with how the plugin works and is being tested,

wow i never been on a forum before where the mods are either fanboys i just trolls. or at least noting worth as moderator should be.

just voicing my opinion about some features that i thing should not go into a storage system, and expla\ing as briefly (so i dont boar the heck out of you), as i can why...

and i get acused, treated badly sweared upon and plain bullied...

you guys must be really proud of your selves,

sure you can disagree with me, on loads and loads of points, but showing as few respect for other opinions as you guys have is a plain insult when calling yourself a community.

ive been active in both FOSS as well a paid for opensource software development a non coding contributor for over 10 years, and never have i met sutch bad manors.

i wish you all the best but i truely hope that no one will ever have to deal with this kind of stupidity ever again

@DaddyRazzy even though im aware its not entirely what you are looking for, if running calibe is not going to work in the end, there is still the option of just running an opds server the idea about how most people do it is they manage thair books with calibre and then 'export' thair library to a webserver running cops.

PS- You should be thankful for every plugin that is created. You don't understand how much work goes into each one.

and how is it i should be thankfull if modules expist that might slow down the system op to a point where its no longer usefull, respecting peoples knowlegde to build plugins is one thing but being thankfull for something that could be condidered a problem in terms of system performance, or worse the desision for the main devs to incoporate it. is whole diferent story, beleave me ive been there, both on fossdem and other events preatching agains being jack of all trades.

so now that i have voiced my honest and professional opinion i hope that you can respect it, and dont tell me what to be, or what not to be thankfull for. after all its only my voice in hopes of people listening to a diferent sound so they can make up thair on mind.

let me vote agains any and all network / services related plugins,

if you people would be so kind as to read about zentyl small buisyness server, and its development you would like i did come to the final conclusion that its just not gonna work...

as it is OMV is a storage solution, and storage could go a long way, from file storage services like ftp, nfs iscsi and cifs/smb to if you must mailstore systems backup solutions or databases....
    thats all fine and well and stuf...

but what would happen once you include irc and other comunications, would a voip pbx be next and after that a groupware a a pdc, (primary domain controller).

or what about dnsmasq, are you going to offer gateway services routing and firewalling Intrusion prevention.

next time you look youl be like zentyal, jack of al trades, good at nothing, hell to maintain and on your way to... abandonment by your entire community...

so whatever it its you do, stop at where storage is no longer important. and let other machines with other fine products do what they are meant for, so let pfsence for example to the lan management for you, its well-equiped for firewalling gateway access, and vpn services...

houw about something like sogo.

with samba apache php and mysql already installed, mail management and storage are just as interesting as any other, specially since companies like MS and google are constantly improving thair methods of spying on you...

@ ryecoaaron

Cops is a php sql driven odps server and it doesn't have any of the viewing / editing etc features that calibre has, effectivly its what i would like to see that calibre implemented by itself so you can store your books on a server and read thime by any odps-away readers like almost all wifi enabled e-readers, android apps etc. what i did before was running cabibre on my desktop, than move (or copie) its folder to my nas, and serve it with cops calibre is a great software but its to heavy on low power machines that you want to run 24/7.

calibre was a nice plugin but it is heavy and has loads to many dependancies..

im wondering devs didnt opt for COPS, its php based and a lot lighter than full calibre,
    really hope that someone will opt for adding it stilll

i would also really like to see spotweb as it (to me) seams a lot more search friendly than the other grabbers, specially when you want subtitles.

as a last, some form of remote control like vnc reflector of some sort.