Beiträge von loganxwolverine

Dear all,

My worst choice was to buy a QNAP. I admit....

But, I discovered on interesting thing with it : It has a Dual NIC. So, I managed to create a virtual switch on this Qnap.

I miss OMV

But, Here my request :

Dispite all my research, My good old OMV 5 could receive a 4 Nic pcie card.

All I want is to recreate the same as te Qnap... or better ...

A virtual switch for 2 of these port ... A bond for 2 other ?

Possibilities are infinites... but.... I couldn't find where are these tuto ?

So if somenone has any clue for Bridging, Boding, aggregating, switching or whathever ???

Many thanks

Yes Indeed I have a Nas working to my father's house with :
    NTFS External HDD connected on USB3
    Rock64 (Not Rockpro64)
    It's working fine with SMB Share and Plexmedia Server installed.... all is fine !

I wanted something better, And I was seduced by its Nas CASE for Rockpro64.

I am csetting a EXT4 HDD and testing... I'll be back in a few minutes...

A few minutes Later...

It works. !!!

So, Maybe a solution for people having some trouble like me.

NTFS partition isn't the reason why we cannot create user and just Read files on shared folders.

I'll transfert all my datas, and convert my second HDD to confirm this theory, but I think we are on the way...

I have a clue... hope you will be able to help me ?

I plugged an usb flash drive, and shared it ... all is ok for that !!! Good News...

But, I am using a ROCKPro64 PCI-e to Dual SATA-II Interface Card
    for my HDD's

And that's where the problem is ...

Is there any reason why it not working with Pci-e card ?

Dear all,

I was supposed to be used to OMV... But today, I am using a
    Rockpro64 EMMC 32Gb
    PCIexpress Card for 2 HDD

As usual, I Mount My disk,then all is ok from that point.

When I want to share my folders :

SMB/CIFS -> Activate -> Share -> And then, I create my shared folder...

At this point : here my error message :

Zitat

Failed to set file group to 'users' for '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAS/TV Series'

Error #0:OMV\Exception: Failed to set file group to 'users' for '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-NAS/TV Series': in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:340Stack trace:#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)#4 {main}

I could let goes... I mean even if I have this message, I can just "re-create" this access, and then... I have access to my folders only in "Read-Only"

The problem is I want to have access even for guess users.

The other problem is when I create an access point to Plexmedia Server, I cannot access to. Of course, I cannot create any user or user group.

Is anyone has a clue ? an Idea ?

I use this release :

stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.8.0rc8-1116-armhf

If there's a better one ? or something ? please help

Thank you in advance for your help.

PS : I am not used to pure technical linux or console commands... so please be patient... thank you all

I do agree with you tkaiser,

It's just a cheap hardware I am using since a long time.

And to be honest, I don't really know with which single board computer do I have to replace it ?

But I still agree with you ... Raspberry Pi is getting old, and "has been"

I have Checked....

All seems to be ok... I mean It only use 5% of its ressources when the transfert fall down...

I am testing by creating an EXT4 Partition on one of my HDD ...

Maybe NTFS HDD are not really supported ? Let's see

Dear All,

Despite I'am a fan of OMV, unfortunately, I am not so used to Debian and code source.

So, apologies for my poor technical vocabulary.

Here's my issue :

The smb transfert between OMV and my Windows 10 is very unstable ...

For instance it could start with 11 Mb/s and fall down to 0 Mb/s until it says there's a problem to reach the server.

I tried with all my computers on my network at home to see if its behaviour still the same... and then, Yes... it's very unstable.

So imagine, I am watching a movie, and sudently, my movie is freezing. So I need to restart it ... If I am lucky, I can resume, if not... too bad !!

I have read many topic about this... changing some tuning settings advices ...

I have a Raspberry Pi 3b+ connected to a external NAS HDD. (Fantec)

If you have any other idea to help me ?

Thank you in advance

Dear all,

First, excuse me for my poor technical english, I'll do my best to explain :

I Have 3 HDD : 2 NTFS and 1 Vfat

With the previous version, all mounted drives were shared on smb. All worked well.

But since a couple of weeks, or maybe on this version 3.0.96

I use it with my Raspberry Pi 3

My mounted drives aren't shared on smb. Just because some of them are hidden ? or something else.

I tried to make a new installation with several mini-sd 16gb, or 32 Gb
    And the result still the same : Mounted drive, but from these 3 HDD, only one, appears.

I thought It was the partition, so I decided to sacrifice one of them and change its partition into Ext4 And there... I cannot do that...just because, they weren't present into the dropbox as well
    I cannot unmount one of them... just because "unmount" is greyed...

So now... my OMV is working on "three legs" I can mounted and shares drives by chance... But one is missing...

After several tries, here one of its error message :

Zitat

Erreur #0:exception 'OMV\AssertException' with message 'The configuration object 'conf.system.sharedfolder' with the filter '{"operator":"and","arg0":{"operator":"stringEquals","arg0":"mntentref","arg1":"e7ca1c60-451e-4fb3-96a3-ddf863c29e44"},"arg1":{"operator":"stringEquals","arg0":"reldirpath","arg1":"recalbox\/"}}' is not unique.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:513Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(293): OMV\Config\Database->assertIsUniqueByFilter(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject), Array)#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)#5 {main}

Or this one :

Zitat

Erreur #0:exception 'OMV\AssertException' with message 'The configuration object 'conf.system.sharedfolder' is not unique. An object with the property 'name' and value 'Recalbox' already exists.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:495Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(279): OMV\Config\Database->assertIsUnique(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject), 'name')#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)#5 {main}

But the problem for this error message, "Recalbox" name doesn't exist it was the name I wanted to give for the first time (see first error message above) ... and, now it says already exist

I saw many posts saying OMV has a strange behaviour at the moment...so, do I have to be worried ? Or will I have to be patient, and wait ?

Thank you for your patience and if you have any clues ?

Best regards

Dear all,

First, excuse me for my poor technical english, I'll do my best to explain :

I Have 3 HDD : 2 NTFS and 1 Vfat

With the previous version, all mounted drives were shared on smb. All worked well.

But since a couple of weeks, or maybe on this version 3.0.96

I use it with my Raspberry Pi 3

My mounted drives aren't shared on smb. Just because some of them are hidden ? or something else.

I tried to make a new installation with several mini-sd 16gb, or 32 Gb
    And the result still the same : Mounted drive, but from these 3 HDD, only one, appears.

I thought It was the partition, so I decided to sacrifice one of them and change its partition into Ext4 And there... I cannot do that...just because, they weren't present into the dropbox as well
    I cannot unmount one of them... just because "unmount" is greyed...

So now... my OMV is working on "three legs" I can mounted and shares drives by chance... But one is missing...

After several tries, here one of its error message :

Zitat

Erreur #0:exception 'OMV\AssertException' with message 'The configuration object 'conf.system.sharedfolder' with the filter '{"operator":"and","arg0":{"operator":"stringEquals","arg0":"mntentref","arg1":"e7ca1c60-451e-4fb3-96a3-ddf863c29e44"},"arg1":{"operator":"stringEquals","arg0":"reldirpath","arg1":"recalbox\/"}}' is not unique.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:513Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(293): OMV\Config\Database->assertIsUniqueByFilter(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject), Array)#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)#5 {main}

Or this one :

Zitat

Erreur #0:exception 'OMV\AssertException' with message 'The configuration object 'conf.system.sharedfolder' is not unique. An object with the property 'name' and value 'Recalbox' already exists.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:495Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(279): OMV\Config\Database->assertIsUnique(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject), 'name')#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)#4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)#5 {main}

But the problem for this error message, "Recalbox" name doesn't exist it was the name I wanted to give for the first time (see first error message above) ... and, now it says already exist

I saw many posts saying OMV has a strange behaviour at the moment...so, do I have to be worried ? Or will I have to be patient, and wait ?

Thank you for your patience and if you have any clues ?

Best regards

Hi everyone,

I'm going to purchase this product : ICY BOX IB-3620U3

In this case, I'll use my two HDD into this Box and plug it to my Raspberry Pi 2.

My question is : Do you think OMV will recognize or OMV is compatible with the ICY BOX IB-3620U3 ?

Many thanks to you in advance for your answer ...

Dear all,

I am very satisfied with OMV. I use it as a NAS server with my bluray player, and it's one of the most powerfull Server I ever try.

I have a request or a question :

Is it possible to create a virtual disk from an ISO bluray ?

I mean this

I have an ISO file, and I would like to share it as a virtual drive with my bluray player connected on the same network.

Is there a plugin or is it already usable ?

Thank you for your answer.

Cheers