Posts by Meniak

@WastlJ I use a CUBOX-I4 with only 1 Sata port. Why would you want more? I connect it to http://www.amazon.de/gp/produc…oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 The cubox has a quad-core 1 Ghz processor and 2 gigs of ram.

@tekkb My situation is the other way around. I had 2 Cuboxes for XBMC, problem is Netflix doesn't work in XBMC so I have 2 extra Roku's. Last week I bought 2 Amazon Fire TV's, rooted them to put XBMC on them so I now have 1 box to do XBMC and Netflix. My Qnap NAS is sloooooooow, getting SickRage and Couchpotato to work while there are NZB's unpacking was hell, so I put 1 of the cuboxes to use (the other one is used for Spielerei with Domoticz and Z-wave). The Qnap is just used as storage now.

That leaves me with 2 Roku's. :) 2 more items for the "I'll keep it, just in case" closet.

I have 2 nucs but 1 is an i5 used as primary PC, the i3 is used as voice recognition for home automation. The Cuboxes have a Sata port, I hooked it up to a 4-bay enclosure. I could probably install debian and OMV on 1 HDD but I only have been writing images to SD-cards with ARM devices. If this card dies on me, I'll probably have a look to put OMV on a SSD or HDD. There's lifetime warranty on Sandisk so it can die on me. :)

On a spending money perspective: I thought about buying a Synology 4 bay quad-core processor NAS but those prices though... I like spending money on tech stuff, but paying over 500 € for basically a very low-end PC is not justifiable to me.

OK, so for anyone that it is a money issue get a job... How's that?

I think experimentation is fine but I don't want a few people leading nubbs into the mountain like the pied piper. We know what works and that is why we recommend what we do.

Well, I have a job and it's not a money issue... I have a Sandisk 64 gb sd-xc-card in a Cubox-i4 Pro. One could argue my comparison of prices as Sandisk is an A-brand and Crucial maybe not so much but that 64 GB card is more expensive than a Crucial 64 GB SSD.

Anyways, I have OMV installed on that card, I suspect SD-cards are the same as USB sticks when it comes to type of memory, right? Will I run into the same problems? Given more and more people start using SOC solutions for just about anything, I guess this topic becomes more and more relevant.

I use OpenELEC on one of my Cuboxes now but for some reason my box heated up way more than with Geexbox. Disabling RSS feed and disabling screen dimming helped a little but I got around 40°c with Geexbox and with earlier OpenElec builds I got temperatures over 80 °c, even got lockups when indexing my music and temperatures were over 90 °c. I have 2 Cubox-I4 pro.Hope for my sake that you got a bad batch. Didn't you get 2 replacements? Maybe a refund for the other 1. We have 2 years warranty by default.

ssh is enabled, putty gives me Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available(server sent:publickey) . I think with all the problems I have it's better to wipe the slate clean and start all over, no? Just don't know if there is a 0.6 iso out yet.

Doesn't work.

Apt-get clean does absolutely nothing, reinstalling ends in a fault, my disks are shared in webGui, still I don't see them in my network, can't SSH in, I think i'm rather FUBAR. :p The openmediavault.list has been changed earlier, still it's a no go. It downloads but installing fails.

At first I guess it worked, now I can't SSH in, webGui working now, but can't install anymore plugins, errors all around. I guess I will need to reinstall. apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault not working however. Is there a 0.6 iso floating around so I can make a clean reinstall. Guess patching stuff up won't work anymore.

I update the sources.list (/etc/APT/sources.list) with what you gave me and reinstalled via "apt-get install openmediavault" and now the WebGUI is starting again. So far so good. Now back to reinstalling plugins. Hope all goes well and I don't need to change other parameters. Thanks for the help so far!!!!!!!!!

{"response":null,"error":{"code":4000,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-transmissionbt 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-transmissionbt : Depends: openmediavault (>= 0.6.0.11) but 0.6.0.10 is to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-transmissionbt 2>&1': Reading package lists...\n\nBuilding dependency tree...\n\nReading state information...\n\nSome packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages have not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have unmet dependencies:\n openmediavault-transmissionbt : Depends: openmediavault (>= 0.6.0.11) but 0.6.0.10 is to be installed\nE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.' in \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/pluginmgmt.inc:382\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->createIndex(Array, Array)\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('createIndex', Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc:

That's what I get in the end. Seems at least some plugins are not uninstalled as I can still open Couchpotato