Beiträge von fibrou

If I had to guess.. Her plex software is still looking at the "old' Plex server (which I'm guessing has a similar name). Sort of a "cache" issue. I've had this happen before when messing around w/ Plex.

Remove that plex server from her plex client software.. and add the new server, then see if she can see the shares.

Well, you would happen to be correct... She can now access the "pi" server with all its volumes. Sometimes, the simple things do the trick.

Thanks again for all the help KM0201 !

The question is where did you get the idea that you can run a container with multiple user IDs? Did you read this somewhere or are you making things like this up yourself?

This is my first time using OMV, and Docker. I created users in OMV, and I thought the PUIDs of the users I wanted to access the volumes referenced in my stack needed to be listed. My bad for not understanding.

What do you recommend?

Thanks Zoki .

For the other helpers, as I indicated, my wife is PUID=1004 in OMV, which shows in the stack below:

I shared the "plexMusic" folder - actually all "jpbs1TbDockerData" folder - but when she loads her Plex app, the reply is that she does not have access to the server.

What can I provide to help the community help me? Just let me know.

Thanks again for everything all!

Now that I appear to have this working for me through Docker, my Plex "shared" members are no longer able to access the music and movies folders I shared with them - through Plex. Error indicates they do not have access to this server, e.g. the "server" holding the music/movie files. My Plex members were able to see the folders when I loaded as "stand-alone," but I want to continue using through a Docker container - especially when I upgrade to OMV6 once it becomes the stable version.

I appreciate all the assistance received, and I do not want to continue to bother with respect to my "Plex Shares," but if someone can provide direction where I should ask for clarification on how my "Plex Members" can access my files, that would be great. Should I create another thread?

Do we have a Plex users "group" on the Forum?

Thanks again for all the assistance.

You need to remove the tag (part after the colon) on the image: line in the stack.

This will pull a new image for 32bit.

I did not remember, we set it.

EUREKA!

Code
     image: lscr.io/linuxserver/plex:arm32v7-latest

Does the Trick!!! WOOHOO!!!

Let's see how long this stays running without dropping shared drives.

Well Zoki - I now am not able to run the container. I get the following error when moving from 64bit to 32bit and removing the 'privilege.' I tested, and I get the same error with leaving the 'privilege switch on.

standard_init_linux.go:228: exec user process caused: exec format error

What do you think this is?

If you remove the arm64=1 from config.txt you are on a normal 32bit OS and then the "work-around" works for you.

I would not continue with this hybrid, as there are not much people having experience with that. Stay with the mainline.

Ok, let me see if I can understand, Zoki You are recommending I do the following:

1. Remove the "arm64=1" entry from my config.txt file on my Rpi.
    2. Reboot.
    3. Run sudo apt install -t buster-backports libseccomp2
    4. Remove the "Privilege" entry in my Stack.
    5. Invoke the container and then see if I can log into Plex.

Are those the steps you indicate I should follow?

So removing this setting and sudo apt install -t buster-backports libseccomp2 should remedy the need for running the container in privileged mode.

A fresh install will be needed when upgrading to bullseye to get 64bit.

Apologies Zoki , but I'm confused... are you indicating the requirement to install the backport work-around and then remove the "privilege" switch? I thought that requirement was solely if one is running 32bit - but I could be wrong.

Interesting... I was simply using the Rasberry Imager and chose the "legacy" version to insure compatibility with the stable version of OMV. I will reflash to Bullseye once OMV6 becomes the stable version.

Can you provide the link to the exact ISO image you used to set up the debian os?

Did you do any configuration to the OS itself besides installing OMV?

I downloaded the iso circled below. I made no changes to my system other than to set it to go into 64 bit mode.

I think that could possibly be an issue. Just from searching it seems the 64bit Pi OS is beta.

As for privileges.. It should work w/o elevating yourself to a privileged user... If you have to do this, it would make me question where I went wrong.

As a new user of OMV, let me indicate how we arrived at this particular stage:

• I was looking for a way to use a Rpi4 4GB model as a NAS for my home "stuff"
    • I googled, and was introduced to OMV.
    • I followed a couple of recommendations, loaded Rasbian Bullseye 11 (latest Rpi OS) then loaded OMV.
    • After some difficulty, the community graciously indicated OMV6 (most recent version) gets loaded with Bullseye 11, but OMV5 (current stable version) gets loaded with Buster 10.
      • I was introduced to this problem after having difficulty after I updated OMV6 to its latest version
      • I was also introduced to the issue that I should install Plex in Docker, not as a stand-alone application on the Rpi
    • I re-flashed Rpi w/ Buster 10, and then loaded OMV, which loaded OMV5.
      • I was introduced to the issue that EXT4 file structure is the way to go with OMV.
      • I wiped/reformatted SSD with EXT4
      • I loaded Buster 10, OMV5, Docker, Plex within Docker
      • Plex would not work within Docker, but would work if I installed it directly to Rpi
      • The only "switch" that would make Plex work within Docker (for me), was to set to privileged user.

The community has been superb with assistance. I will be making a contribution. I indicate, however, that Rpi-s will become used more frequently - given their educational value (full disclosure: I am a Finance Professor who uses many advanced statistical techniques, and I am on a quest to use tools that generate the highest ROI for my research and teaching). I am a lifelong learner who appreciates the community I found here. I especially appreciate the input from Zoki, KM0201, and Agricola - as well as others.

Thank you all again.

How else can I be of assistance, not only for my individual issues, but to contribute to making OMV the NAS software of choice? Just let me know.