Posts by danielgwalter

Hi,

I have had a backup drive running in my OMV rig for 6 months that is formatted in ext4 and was the target for a nightly rsync job.

when the device is plugged into OMV i can see the file system no problem and browse the files etc.

i now need to plug this drive into another computer (macbook pro with fuseEx and fuseEx2 installed) but whenever i do i receive an error "the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer"

does anyone know a way to read this disk (that was formatted using OMV) in a macbook.

thanks in advance

Dan.

ryecoaaron, appreciate the answer and know that if implemented badly it could be quite slow on big volumes, however,

if i have a scenario whereby one particular share (or many shares) have a high growth folder several levels down the need for some deeper analyis tools becomes apparent,

as i said, at the moment i use folder sizes in windows and daisy disk in mac world clients but this is dreadfully slow given the network link and SMB protocol.

I guess given your response I will have to wait, I just wondered if there was anything on the market that could be run in nginx that could give a graphical topology of the filesystems.

thanks

Dan

Good morning!

does anyone know of either a plugin / addon or package that will allow me to see / monitor disk space usage (by disk, share and directory) via a web interface.

on the surface this doesnt look like an uncommon request but i cannot seem to find a suitable tool.

I need something that means I dont have to run daisydisk (mac) or foldersizes (win) on the client side.

thanks in advance,

Dan

Hi,

I have been running OMV v1 for some time now without too many problems (mainly initial setup teething problems).

recently i installed node.js and had logged in to the webui a few times after and everything was still fine.

this morning I started the updates that were published last night and after a few minutes the ui crashed, I rebooted using SSH and now cannot log in to the UI at all with the following error message

Code
    Error #7001:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc:135
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(69): OMVRpc::exec('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcproxy.inc(125): OMVRpc::exec('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(32): OMVJsonRpcProxy->handle()
    #6 {main}

so I tried omv-firstaid from the CLI and repaired the webui, but, got the following error message

Code
    Updating web administration settings. Please wait ...
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":7001,"message":"Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc:135\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-rpc(107): OMVRpc::exec('WebGui', 'setSettings', Array, Array, 2)\n#1 {main}"}}
    Failed to execute RPC (service=WebGui, method=setSettings)

any ideas on what craziness has happened here!!!

thanks

Dan

Ok,

this is the worst way to resolve a problem but here goes!

yesterday there was an update to shellinabox showing on updates. I installed the update and before logging deleted the cert file from /var/lib/shellinabox once that was done I logged into shellinabox from chrome (by dns host name) and it works!

do i know what was really wrong ? ... most definitely not, but it is now working which is good!

D

ok, I had a look last night at this, the certificate in /var/lib/shellinabox and the name in there is my public dns name (server.XXXXXXXXXX.com) which is fine as thats the route i usually go .

however, still no access (a straight 404 page not found) when browsing to server.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com:4200 with either http or https

D

ok guys, thanks again, I will look at this when i am local to the machine again (im at work).... Im not convinced this is the issue as I am getting no response in any browser via any method (https, http, ip, dns or hostname) and they all return a 404 (almost like its not listening on the port 4200 or a port conflict).

D

will try that when i get home tonight. that being the case, the address normally accessed from outside is a dns subdomain (server.hostname.com:4200), this would never work that being the case (and again it has worked in the past as until very recently it was my preferred method of ssh both local and remote).

D