Posts by whitetiger

Your system is having a DNS issue.

In that office there are 5 PCs that connect and surf the internet without problems.

On OMV there is a static address with the correct gateway (the same of PCs) and 8.8.8.8 as DNS.

If instead of 8.8.8.8 I put the Gateway of the PC I always have the same error.

OMV is version 5.4.6-1 and it is installed on server Dell.

When I try to install updates, several errors appear about the firmware and they are not completed.

Remotely I cannot copy the text that appears in the panel, but this is the image of the latest error messages.

I have in fact disabled and re-enabled the home folder feature.

However, as I said, I have four users, all created in the GUI, but only one, the first, has its Home folder.

But in the Windows File Manager if I type \\ IP-Address everyone sees a user folder as if it exists.

Then, problem within problem, the second user created is able to access the all shared folders.

The other two see shared folders, but cannot access them.

I have checked all the entries and everything seems correct.

I don't want to have to reinstall everything as I have already loaded 170GB into the file system

OMV does not create user home directories by intention. You can enable the feature in Access Rights Management | Users | Settings. But i don't know anymore if this only applies for new users then.

Do not close a thread if you can not give an answer.

OMV has always created user folders, just as it created it again for the first user.

In any case, the question is not so much why as what to do now.

I'm going crazy to understand why users see a folder with their name and a "homes" folder in Windows, but can't enter.

Now, from the terminal I go to /etc/passwd and see that users have a home folder under /home and not under the shared folder created by me and indicated in Access Rights Management/Users/Settings.

However there are no user folders neither under my shared folder nor under /home.

Only the first user has a home folder which I use for a background service

Obviously all users have been created inside the OMV GUI and after activating the service for home folders both in ARM/ Users/Settings and in SMB-CIFS

At this point what can I do?

I could also create normal shared folders to be assigned to individual users, but users cannot see folders with their name and cannot open them.

Nor can I disable all home folders because the service user must be able to see his.

The shared folder named "homes" that I see in Windows which OMV folder does it correspond to?

I can't do this because some users already have a Home folder.

If I disable it to create new users I get an error,

I also tried to assign the Home Root to a new folder, but a mess happened because those who already had the Home Root on folder 1, now have it on 2

Very confusing post. Raid section doesn’t have used column. Shows the size of the array. Now then you go to a folder in Windows’s that says some other size.

Mixing a block device, with a folder. Take a screenshot maybe show what the problem is.

You're right, my fault, sorry.

It was the File System Management panel.

Maybe the cause was Dropbox downloading the files, but with Smart Sync it doesn't really take up the space of the files.

In any case, the values now seem correct because with the latest update they are 160GB.

So thank you all the same for your interest, and close the thread

I have 4 HDD in RAID5

If I go to RAID management I see the value 850MB in the "Used" column.

If from Windows I access a single its folder I see that the occupation only in this folder is already higher than 36GB.

I set the options to create the users home folder in HOME-1

So, after creating the users, I find the folders HOME-1 / UserA, HOME-1 / UserB, ... HOME-1 / UserZ

Now I would like other new users to have their Home folder in another root (HOME-2), but I don't think this is possible.

Therefore I would like to create users without automatically creating their Home folder.

How can I do?

Thanks in advance

Does the NUT UPS plugin also work as a server?

In other words, if a PC on the LAN is powered by a line under the UPS, how does it know that the UPS is running on battery and must therefore shut down?

I should install a client on the PC that queries the NUT Server, but what and how if it is OMV?

Where do I find a plugins guide, so I'm not opening posts unnecessarily?

I can't find what I need with the search.

I restarted OMV with the PVE kernel and I don't see any more errors.

How do I check that everything is actually going well?

I am updating and it is very slow.

The boot is on a 16GB Kinkston Hyper Fury USB.
    Is it the PVE Kernel or NFS that makes it so slow?

New installation of OMV.

Immediately after the first update I installed the plugins that interested me, including the one for ZFS.

Although it appears to be installed, errors have been displayed.

Unfortunately, however, I have not copied them.

Now, If I go to the "System Information", the error I report below appears.

Is this something that can be solved?

And should it be done?

I wanted to use ZFS on the 4 HDDs, but if it's not reliable maybe it's better to uninstall the plugin and keep using ext4.

Thanks in advance.