Beiträge von Geert

I've been trying to establish a VPN to access my data remotely.

However, I can't seem to get it to work. My phone and computer can connect to my VPN (OpenVPN plugin) but they cannot access the internet.

The only thing that works is accessing the control panel from the server using my public IP.

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

If additional info is needed, I will post it as fast as possible

Kind regards

The last couple of days, I've been trying to find a solution to me not having access to my docker files. Portainer Agent is the answer to this. It lets you access and download files within the docker folder. However, I stumbled upon another problem. Portainer Agent only lets you download files, not folders. There are hundreds of files in a folder I want to download but Portainer Agent doesn't seem to have an option to download an entire folder.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

An example here is my log folder. I can only rename or delete it.

Kind regards

So, a couple of days of troubleshooting I've finally found the solution myself.

Just getting back to this thread in case other people experience the same problem.

What I have done was first reinstalling samba:

Code
    sudo apt-get purge samba samba-common
    sudo apt-get install samba

This gave me a problem with the web GUI, this, I have solved by just reinstalling OMV using the following command:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault, this does not delete any of your personal data and solved all the problems.

My server is back up and running as before.

Special thanks to Zoki for assisting me with this issue!

"testparm /etc/samba/smb.conf" Gave the following output

I wasn't able to run "systemctl start smbd.service" duo to an error. Same message as last time

XML: Error message systemctl
    root@HomeServer:~# systemctl start smbd.service
    Job for smbd.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See "systemctl status smbd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Journalctl -xe

gave the following output: https://pastebin.com/nkprAqh8

Systemctl status smbd.service:

● smbd.service - Samba SMB Daemon

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/smbd.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2022-02-21 16:41:55 CET; 11min ago

Docs: man:smbd(8)

man:samba(7)

man:smb.conf(5)

Process: 7551 ExecStartPre=/usr/share/samba/update-apparmor-samba-profile (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Process: 7579 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/smbd --foreground --no-process-group $SMBDOPTIONS (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Main PID: 7579 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Feb 21 16:41:52 HomeServer systemd[1]: Starting Samba SMB Daemon...

Feb 21 16:41:55 HomeServer systemd[1]: smbd.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Feb 21 16:41:55 HomeServer systemd[1]: smbd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Feb 21 16:41:55 HomeServer systemd[1]: Failed to start Samba SMB Daemon.

Code
    sudo journalctl -u smbd.service

gave me similar results,

These indeed do point out there is something wrong with Samba SMB Deamon

Hello,

So yesterday I was messing around with SMB/CIFS because for some reason, I do not have access to docker files, thus no access to modifying contents in there to mod servers etc.

I've changed ownership of it to my admin user instead of 'root' and that seemed to work, I thought so. After a reboot, the perms were gone. Now I have a way bigger issue. None of my accounts have permission to change anything about my server. Is I try to apply changes, I'm met by this error:

"Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run --no-color samba 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian: ---------- ID: configure_samba_global Function: file.managed Name: /etc/samba/smb.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/samba/smb.conf updated Started: 12:44:41.515963 Duration: 82.788 ms

Continues here: https://pastebin.com/D6GK8VjS

Extra details are:

https://pastebin.com/Dm6SfJ6B

I've been trying all day to resolve this issue but I can't seem to get anything to work.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I have some pretty valuable data on this server and I can't access any of it atm

Kind regards