Beiträge von Gilhin

Dear all,

I want to switch my server environment from Windows Home Server to either Ubuntu or plain Debian (with possibly anther OMV instance on top).
    There are currently two possible show stoppers. The first one is my EcoDMS appliance that needs to be transferred to debian, the other one is my syncing software.
    On my windows machine, I currently use "Syncovery" (in former days: SuperFlexibleFileSynchronizer). What I do with this software is to sync my files between my servers to have something like a backup and to store the most important data on my cloud (only offers SFTP).
    Do you have any recommendation with which software that can be run on Debian or Ubuntu this could be acomplished?
    Thank you for your help,
    br,

Gilhin

Hey Raulf,

thank you for your suggestion. Syncthing really looks interesting and promising, but for my use case, I need a syncing software that allows a sftp access to my cloud drive (only access.
    So, anything else?
    Thanks for your feedback,

bg,

Gilhin

I don't know a software that can do what I am looking for, so I can't name it, but I am looking for a customizable sync tool (I have something like Syncovery (formerly SuperFlexibleFileSyncronizer) in mind).
    For sure you can do a lot via the command line, but having (in my case) 10 different jobs running, syncing different folders with different machines - at least I find it quite circular.
    So my vote for a syncing software.

Hallo Tobi,

ich nutze einen vergleichbaren Aufbau und bei mir funktioniert es so. Auch ich bin im Netz auf den Hinweis gestoßen, den Bind Share auf ein separates Laufwerk zu legen - dieses Erfordernis wurde hier jedoch verneint.
    Insoweit: Viel Spaß mit AUFS.
    Gruß,

Gilhin

Kein ACL - ich hatte im Forum sinngemäß aufgenommen : "Ja, es gibt ACL, aber wenn du nicht 150%ig sicher bist, das Du es brauchst und weißt, was Du tust, arbeite mit Berechtigungen..."
    Also bin ich bei Berechtigungen geblieben.
    Das Problem habe ich letztlich unelegant gelöst, indem ich einen neuen Ordner erstellt habe und die Dateien dorthin verschoben habe. Bis jetzt funktioniert es.
    Danke für Deine Hilfe und noch einen charmanten Tag!
    Gruß,

Gilhin

Auch mit der "eierlegenden Wollmilchsau" 777 kann ich weder über die SMB-Freigabe noch über extplorer ein Verzeichnis anlegen. Irgendwas scheint da grundsätzlich nicht zu funktionieren.
    Bei dem Ordner /media/Freigaben/ handelt es sich um den Bind-Share des AUFS-Pools.
    Hier wurde mir geraten, den Pool anzulegen und die Shares unterhalb der Pool-Ebene anzulegen. Oder habe ich das falsch verstanden?
    Was würdest Du empfehlen?
    Gruß,

Here you go ...

What I find strange is that the folder that causes problems is one of several subfolders of the shared folder.
    All other subfolders act as they should - only this one causes problems...

Code
    root@OMV:~# stat /media/Freigaben/Videos/Filme
      Datei: „/media/Freigaben/Videos/Filme“
      Größe: 12288          Blöcke: 24         EA Block: 4096   Verzeichnis
    Gerät: 13h/19d  Inode: 4411        Verknüpfungen: 232
    Zugriff: (2775/drwxrwsr-x)  Uid: ( 1001/  Philip)   Gid: (  100/   users)
    Zugriff    : 2014-08-21 19:08:30.994503965 +0200
    Modifiziert: 2014-08-20 18:36:21.082943850 +0200
    Geändert   : 2014-08-20 18:50:14.838937696 +0200
     Geburt    : -

Thank's for the support, guys, but this didn't do the trick.
    It seems to be the folder /media/shares/data that seemingly needs some adjustments, as I can't even create a folder using either Windows (using "user") or eXtplorer.
    Any other idea?

Dear all,

I currently face a - from my point of view - strange issue.
    After having downloaded a .rar-file using Pyload, it was unpacked to /media/shares/downloads/unpacked. This worked really well. I was able to rename the unpacked folder via SMB.
    After doing so, I wanted to move the files to a different location, let's call it /media/shares/data, but this didn't work. Windows told me that I hadn't the permission to write to the path. Extplorer also doesn't want to copy/ move the file.
    I don't really get what I did wrong.

• /media/shares/data is on 775,
    • the user has read/write access to /media/shares/data and /media/shares/downloads/unpacked (only using permissions, not using ACL),
    • I changed the ownership for the folders to be moved from pyload:user to user:user

Finally without any success.
    Is there anything that I am doing wrong?
    Thank you for your proposals,
    a very confused,

Gilhin

Did it, but can't find a difference:

Here it is:

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

It is using the shared folder you selected. It just creates more subfolders within that shared folder.

And that's what it doesn't do. The shared folder created is named /media/Freigaben/Sicherung/Mailsicherung. When istalling and configuring the plugin, another folder /media/Freigaben/Sicherung/Mailsicherungmail.

Thanks for your other Feedbacks, I'll care about them.
    Bg,

Gilhin

Good evening,

In this thread I was recommended to use the plugin "OfflineIMAP". Thankfully ryecoaaron wrote it to install it via the repos.
    I installed it via the plugin manager. That worked good. After having installed the plugin, I created a new share within my AUFS-Pools, let's call it

Code
    /media/Freigaben/Sicherung/Mailsicherung

This shared folder was used to configure the OfflineIMAP plugin. The configuration itself worked like a charm.
    Unfotunately there seems to be something mixed up with the folders the plugin creates. When trying to access the folders via a Windows-PC throughout SMB/CIFS with the usual user, I realised, that the folderstructure created was

Code
    /media/Freigaben/Sicherung/Mailsicherungmail/nameofthejob

Below that folder, I can see the folders of my mailbox. So far, so good.
    But when trying to access one of the folder (e.g. INBOX), I get an error, stating that I am not allowed to access that folder.
    What I would like to know is:

- How can I get offlineIMAP use the shared folder I want it to use?
    - How can I get the offlineIMAP-folders to be accessible?
    - Is there any guide on how to configure it (how to use it in a cron job, how to delete news on the email account...)?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
    bg,

Gilhin