Beiträge von fahrer17

Maybe I don't understand but there already is a dropdown menu that allows you to choose the format. The fact that the plugin is adding the arguments to youtube-dl that makes sure you get that selected format is why you don't always get the highest quality video.

While I know that works well when using youtube-dl interactively, that is not something the plugin can really do. It needs the url to get the list and that just makes the code weird.

This is actually an argument for leaving the plugin exactly how it is.

Ok, I thought about something like this:

1. I paste my link

2. youtube-dl checks what is available and opens the dropdown menu

3. I click the option I prefer (mp3, mp4, webm, mkv whatever) and the desired file is downloading

Yes, you are right, there is a dropdown menu. But I somehow couldn't take it for real since it was not working properly (if you know what I mean :)).

And whatever format there is (mp4 or mkv) is fine for me.

Another question: Can you see how many people are using OMV's youtube-dl? If it's too much hassle to optimize a maybe not so often used feature leave it as it is (imho). I am fine using my other youtube-dl as before ;)

As mentioned before I'm a docker beginner myself and therefore did start with a simple container. But a Pihole is next on my docker list (Pihole's instructions still look pretty complicated to me).

As soon as I know how to do it I can try to explain how to do it, maybe this can help others too.

Well, if you ask me (from the user's point of view, not the coder at all ;)), I would like to see something like a pulldown menu where I can choose from what format I want (mp3, mp4, mkv etc).

As far as I know the available formats can be checked by using

-F, --list-formats

List all available formats of requested videos

Wouldn't this work?

For me a HD mp4 would probably be ok since my older TV is only HD and can't play mkv anyway (not sure though wether all mkv's are the same).

And again: Thank you for doing this!

After more tests, --format bestvideo[ext=mp4]+bestaudio downloads the right video and audio but requires ffmpeg to merge (which switches to mkv). So, the best flag downloads the best video and audio that are already combined. Will have to think on how to change the plugin but not make it confusing to support the options.

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly: So there IS something strange with OMV's downloader and you are going to analyze it, right?

If so, thanks so far for your answers and efforts :):thumbup:

Maybe some kind of 4K support is necessary on the destination system, which the youtube-dl uses to determine which resolution is the "best quality". Why should it download a 4K-video if the system supports only full-HD? Just a thought.

Though this is far beyond my scope I don't think so. My wife's old laptop (an older Thinkpad) has a resolution of something like 1300x700 but downloads just fine.

Oh, I´m just seeing that there is an issue with youtube-dl that the best qualitiy is not downloaded if ffmpeg is not installed:

[YouTube] Incorrect detection of best format #23149

But this sounds reasonable. I will try this during the rest of the day :thumbup::)

I meant

I think I did not express myself clear. I meant did you try this command in a SSH terminal in OMV to ensure that the best quality video can be downloaded in OMV at all? If this is possible by CLI then it shouldn´t be a big thing for ryecoaaron to modify the plugin - if he will find the time to do this of course :)

When I am at home later then I will try this by myself also.

Classic case of misunderstanding ^^

I tested your suggestion: One file downloaded from GUI, the other using ssh terminal; both have the same size and resolution (866x720).

So none of them is HD as provided by YT.

Did you try this on the OMV machine too?

Is there a possibility to define the file format (mp4, webm...) AND to instruct download-dl to download the best available quality for that specific format?

It would very much appreciate to have a possibility to control the file format.

No since I don't know where to put it. OMV mask has no option for commands (I think - added the screenshot again).

But yes, you can choose the format but this doesn't affect the resolution. I downloaded the same YT video in mp4 and webm with no noticeable effect.

To be clear: In OMV I only used the provided mask, no terminal etc.

Ok, I was able to solve the problem (tbh my friend was ;)), I try to describe it for the next container beginner looking for help.

Actually there were two problems:

1. Binding the right directories:

You have to bind every folder you want to syncronize to a particular subfolder in the container's data folder

e.g.

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten/Daten/me/folder_x -> data/me

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten/Daten/my_wife/folder_y -> data/my_wife

2. Permissions

Make sure no folder is owned by root. In my case /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten/Daten/my_wife belonged to root; no idea why, my data drives+directories were created with OMV1(?). Changing the owner solved it.

Are you sure that both downloads had the same file format mp4? Sometimes higher quality is only available as webm-file, but you have preselected mp4.

Hm, not absolutely... In OMV I added "mp4" manually (otherwise the file doesn't have a format) whereas in Manjaro the "webm" was added automatically.

You mean if I put a "webm" in OMV it could be ok? Interesting...

Funny fact: My elder son is called Leonard, his nickname is Leo and he likes BMWs, especially the convertibles... :D

Edit: You mean if I put a "webm" in OMV it could be ok? Interesting...

Edit2: Nope. Tested it: Chose "webm" in OMV mask and downloaded it once more. Again ca. 76MB and the same resolution.

Hi there,

how do I have to bind my directories to my Syncthing container so that I can access them from the Syncthing GUI?

The directories to be synchronized are

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten/Daten/me/folder_x

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten/Daten/my_wife/folder_y

Do I have to bind every particular folder to /var/sync or only the folder which contains my sync-folders (/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Daten/Daten/)?

My test installation in VB had only one shared folder, now I have the challenge of using several.

(The test installation was done with a friend who works with Docker but unfortunately isn't available atm; I'm not too familiar with it)

Thanks for any assistance,

fahrer17

HI,

how can I tell youtube-dl to download the best quality (=resolution) available?

When I use youtube-dl on one of my linux machines it automaticly downloads the best quality but when using youtube-dl on my OMV it is in a reduced resolution.

Can someone please advice me how to fix this?

Thanks + stay healthy ;)

fahrer17

I did, using VirtualBox on a Xubuntu 18.04.
    If you want to I can try to export and upload it to GoogleDrive or something similiar (if so please gimme some days ;) )

Yes. Not sure if Volker will change the url for backports since 3.x is EOL'd.

I have the same error messages and I'm on 3.xx too.

Of course I know one shouldn't ask for release dates but is OMV5 already usable?
    The reason I ask: I'm thinking of skipping OMV4 and doing a clean OMV5 installation as I have no special jobs for my OMV except some basic NAS stuff. And I remember ryecoaaron (not sure if it was him though) telling me I could already use OMV3 when it still was beta a couple of years ago.
    I'd like avoiding installing and arranging my system twice.

These useless emails telling me ClamAV as nothing detected are really annoying - is there no way of configuring ClamAV in a way like this:

Code
    # get the value of "Infected lines"
     MALWARE=$(tail "$LOGFILE"|grep Infected|cut -d" " -f3);

# if the value is not equal to zero, send an email with the log file attached
     if [ "$MALWARE" -ne "0" ];then
     # using heirloom-mailx below
     echo "$EMAIL_MSG"|mail -a "$LOGFILE" -s "Malware Found" -r "$EMAIL_FROM" "$EMAIL_TO";

Found here.