Beiträge von Chiller2020

Hey,

I have this problem alltime on new shares, on every shares.

My Steps:

1. Go to data storage -> shared folder -> "+" -> Use a Name (in this case "Paperless"), Filesystem, rest default.

2. Services -> SMB/CIFS -> releases -> "+" -> Use a shared folder + Check heritage ACLs, rest default

3. Back to data storage -> shared folder -> klick on the Paperless -> ACL -> Change Owner and set rights to read/write/execute, Other to "No one" + Check recursive

4. Back to data storage -> shared folder -> klick on the Paperless -> privileges -> Set read/write to group and User (same like 3.)

My Problem:

On Windows:

User who connecto to the share, cant open a file because no rights (But this user is in this Group, who have rights). When a new file was places, I go everytime to OpenMediaVault GUI, ACL and set the the same rights but checke recursive. Now, the user of the group can open/edit/whatever this file.

On Linux:

Same but, when I delete files, the file is not deletet but locked, when I restart on OpenMediaVault smbd, the files are deletet.

What do I want to achieve?

There is now a folder which have the name "Paperless" and I will bind this SMB_Share to Ubuntu (For a Docker-Container who is running Paperless-ngx to watch and collect) and the user (me and my wife) upload the files for paperless.

Infos:

User are member of Group etc.

Its a VM on Proxmox.

Whats my fault? This is on every SMB-share and I dont know why. I dont have so massive Problems with SMB on TrueNas, in the past. Just with OpenMediaVault, I dont know wheres my fault. Anyone can halp?

Kind regards

Hello,

I have a Problem with my Windows-PC.

When I restart my pc, he won't connect to the smb-drive.

Just the normal error:

But my iPhone,iPad have no problems with this, he can everytime connect to the smb-service.

How can I see a better error-message with more information? And anyone have the same problem?

Kind regards,

Chiller

//PS: My Router (FritzBox) has a DNS-Server to my Proxmox which have a Webmin-Bind9-DNS-Server

Ich hab ein ähnliches Problem mit SMB. Windows kann darauf nicht zugreifen nach einem Windows Neustart allerdings ist bei OMV alles im grünen Bereich, auch meine Apple-Geräte (iPad und iPhone) können eine Verbindung aufbauen nur Windows nicht mehr, außer ich trenne die Laufwerke und verbinde sie erneuert aber das bei jedem Restart, dämlich.

Hey,

I would share my NAS-Lifecycle.

Actually I have a NAS from HP (HP ProLiant MicroServer N54L) with 16GB-RAM. Installed is Proxmox as virtualization, OMV as CT-Container. This server is up for two years, time for a new server.

Now, I build a new Server with second-hand hardware. And I will install Proxmox again. (Pics asap)

Case: Corsair 275R Airflow

Mainboard: MXI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

CPU-Cooler: be queit! Shadow Rock 2

Power Supply: be quiet! PurePower 8 (300W)

HDD: 4x WD Red 1TB (3 New, 1 second-hand) [For RaidZ-2 or Raid10 in Proxmox (installation)]

RAM: 1x Crucial 16GB-3200MHz

Because I bought second-hand-hardware, I saved up 648,88€ (683,27USD) to regular price (comparison to Amazon DE).

Kind regards,

Chiller