Beiträge von mvzut

Attached are my CPU usage graphs. Fortunately, the amount of CPU it uses is not that big anymore as in the beginning! As you can see, every 12 cycles it uses a bit more, but also nothing to worry about.

So actually my wish to increase the interval is not anymore because of CPU usage, it's more to reduce the amount of times my external harddrive spins up. If it needs to spin up for a few minutes every hour, I can just as well disable the sleep function, that's probably better for the harddrive. But I don't want that, I rarely need to access stuff on that drive. I only change or add files typically a few times per week, so I don't need hourly synchronization. I am working from OneDrive directly most of the times anyway. The synchronized copy on my harddrive is mostly intended as an extra backup, in case I would have problems with my internet connection. It just feels a bit more secure to have a local copy (all my photos and other important documents are on it).

So that's the reason that I would like a longer synchronization time, perhaps once or twice a day. I hope this clarifies my use case better? I would like to work on the code myself, but I am not experienced enough in the languages & frameworks that are used here. I am just a casual Python programmer, mostly for scientific purposes. I have tried to play with the json etc. files that seem to define the plugin's menus, but to no avail.

Thanks for the reply. However, the information doesn't solve my problem unfortunately . I know 60 minutes is not the longest interval, at least not when you use it "stand-alone" as described on GitHub. But 60 minutes is the longest interval that the plugin exposes via the OMV web interface. I want to be able to configure, start/stop etc everything from within OMV, including a longer interval than 60 minutes.

By the way, does anyone know where the options for the onedrive plugin are stored? If I type "onedrive --display-config" I get a different config than what I set in the OMV plugin. For instance it shows a monitor interval of 300, even though I set it at 60 minutes (=3600 seconds) in the web UI.

The reason I did not post my question on the onedrive GitHub is that this is OMV specific, I believe.

Hi,

I just upgraded to OMV6 and found out about the OneDrive plugin. Awesome! Some time ago I already tried setting up my own synchronization with abraunegg's onedrive service, but was struggling with automating the process and forgot about it. Now I noticed the new plugin and it works perfectly, thanks for integrating this!

There is one thing though... My OneDrive is fairly large (almost 600 GB), and my poor Pi 4 (4 GB RAM) is using quite some resources to check for differences at the configured intervals. I have set it to check once per hour, which is the longest possible interval, and every time it takes 15 minutes even if there are no differences. I can see this in the CPU graph, it's not per se User or System but mostly Wait-IO CPU usage. I have two questions now:

1. Can Wait-IO CPU usage slow down my Pi, or is it not something to worry about? So far it doesn't seem to give me any problems, but there are other important services (docker containers) running on the Pi and I want to minimize the risk that these are impacted

2. I don't make changes to my files very often, would it also be possible to set the synchronization interval to e.g. 6, 12 or even 24 hours? That would also allow my harddrive to spin down much more often