Posts by vcruser

I have OMV 7.1.1.1-1 running on a Beelink Mini PC with an N95 Intel CPU. Every time I reboot or awake from sleep I get several repeating emails about NGINX either failing or succeeding.

Here are samples of the emails I get.

The only notifications I have enabled are "Memory" and "S.M.A.R.T." Other than this issue OMV seems to be running normally. What I would like to do is prevent such emails from happening if possible.

Attached is the boot log output

Someone could just set up a cron job to run every minute that runs this command to do that:

systemctl --type=mount --plain --quiet --no-pager --failed | awk '{ print $1 }' | grep -E 'srv-mergerfs|srv-remotemount' | xargs -r systemctl restart

This script would work for my setup but I don't use mergerfs. Would this script work?

Code
    systemctl --type=mount --plain --quiet --no-pager --failed | awk '{ print $1 }' | grep srv-remotemount | xargs -r systemctl restart

I have the ZFS plugin installed and was attempting to set up a pool using two hard drives.

The hard drives are populating a two bay USB hard drive caddy. The drives show up as sdb and sdc in the Disks menu. They have been quick wiped from the gui and are available to use as devices to create file systems from the File Systems menu.

However, when I try to create a pool in the ZFS plugin there are no devices that show up.

Am I doing something wrong?

system info

The new dashboard widget to display the temperatures of all physical disks shows black color as background in Dark mode.

In attachment you can see it.

I didn't like the big black rectangles either so I changed the S.M.A.R.T. widget to bring back the disk temps. It's not hard to do.

I have an extra disk that I wanted to use to create a new file system. When selecting a device from the menu it showed the extra disk plus all the disks from the zfs pool. Of course I didn't select any of the disks from the zfs pool for the new file system but I don't think they should show up here. Don't know what would happen if I accidently selected the wrong disk.

The top four disks in this image are in my ZFS pool. The bottom one (dev/sde) is the extra disk I intended for creating a new file system.

Here is the details of the ZFS pool

Does the fact that one drive has a lower cache size than the other three possibly cause this?

The WD40EFZX drive has 10 MB/Sec slower interface transfer rate according to the data sheet. Possibly due to the smaller cache size

Today I replaced this drive so now all the drives in the array are identical and the drive access LEDs are behaving as expected now.

I have a 4 disk raid 5 using OMV 7 in clean state. Three of the SATA drives are WD40EFPX (256Mb cache) and one is a WD40EFZX (128Mb cache). All 4 drives are CMR. The drive controller is an LSI 9207-8i in IT mode. My drive bay has a multicolor LED for each drive, green for power and orange for drive activity.

I notice that the three WD40EFPX drives stay green all the time and only the WD40EFZX drive shows any drive activity indicated by the orange LED flickering occasionally when the raid is being written to. Of course all the drives are being written too but I wonder why I only see the LED change color for the one drive. I tried swapping drive bays and the activity light behavior follows the drive.

Does the fact that one drive has a lower cache size than the other three possibly cause this?

I was going to add quotas using the plugin and try it out. After adding quotas for a drive I did not see any aquota files. Tried a reboot but still no files. Were the supposed to be added?

Once, early on I tried to remove aquota.user and aquota.group which caused OMV to not boot.

Just now installed the plugin and used the "Remove quota options" button. Then removed the aquota.user/group files without issues.

Yes, "hack" was probably a poor choice of words on my part. Also, OMV users are not discouraged from creating their own widgets. Searching the forum you will find some instruction for creating widgets as well as in the OMV documentation. OMV 6.x documentation - dashboard.d

This is the widget code for "smart_info.yaml". I attached the file if interested.

prtigger1 I discovered the dashboard widgets are easy to modify so I hacked the "smart_status.yaml" file to bring back the disk temps.

Just ssh to your omv and...

Code
     sudo nano/usr/share/openmediavault/workbench/dashboard.d/smart_status.yaml

then look for the line...

Code
    content: '{{ canonicaldevicefile }}'

and change it to...

Code
    content: '{{ canonicaldevicefile }}<br>{{ temperature | notavailable }}{% if temperature %}°C{% endif %}'

Then update using

Code
    sudo omv-mkworkbench all

It should just come back with a command prompt when finished. If you mess up you will get a bunch of errors so you will need to fix the error in your file.

Then Ctl+Shift+R to refresh the browser and it should look like this.

You may just want to make a new file with a different file name in case you want to go back to just Status without disk temps. I had to change the id number of my new file so I wasn't identical to the other one.

I checked with Webmin and it did indicate that updates were available. Then I checked OMV again and the Dashboard finally changed state to indicate there were updates available.

Guess it's not an issue.

This morning I received an email notification from aptichron saying I have an update available. My current version is 7.0-29 RC1

Code
    apticron has detected that some packages need upgrading on:

hostname
            [ ip address ]

The following packages are currently pending an upgrade:

openmediavault 7.0-30

However the Dashboard Updates available still indicates "No." I tried refreshing the browser several times but still no change.

So, my question is why hasn't the Dashboard Updates available indicated "Yes"?