Beiträge von lh1983

If all you need to do is VPN a single PC, most reputable VPN services will provide instructions for how to set up a client connection to their services. The only reason you'd need to set up a VPN on a firewall is if you're planning on using a VPN for a whole network and in particular if you want to use policy-based routing to only send some traffic through the VPN.

Ok. Vpn is running well. I can't get rtorrent to work. I set the "bind" option to 192.168.1.6 (and I can connect to rtorrent on that IP) but it will not connect to a torrent. I can browse from a device through the vpn so I know the connection is good now.

Yeah, it was the VPN. I've switched services to PrivateInternetAccess, but any time that connection is up it takes over my whole network, not just the hosts I want to forward through the VPN. I'm poring through their documentation now to see how I can avoid that.

I suspect I will have to change my outbound NAT rules to not allow 192.168.1.0/24 through the VPN gateway. Would it be possible for me to assign the secondary address to rtorrent as something like 10.10.10.5 and then change the outbound NAT rules to allow 10.10.10.0/24 through the VPN gateway? So that way anything from the 192.168.1.0 network goes through my normal WAN (including the OMV box with Plex on it) while my rtorrent, bound to 10.10.10.5, goes through the VPN gateway?

So after dicking around with it last night, I cannot get anything funneled through the VPN gateway to connect to anything. I tried sending my iPhone through it as well (to test) and could not connect to any websites. It was giving me a server timeout error.

Alright, that fixed it. I've now bound 192.168.1.6 to the OMV box as well. I changed the bind address in rtorrent (I switched from Deluge) and I can connect to it now via 192.168.1.6. I've created a rule in pfSense firewall that says:

But a torrent that I add to rtorrent doesn't connect to anything and download. Is there anything else I need to add?

OK, here's my script:

But I still can't seem to get this to work.

OK, here's my script:

but when I put "192.168.1.10" in my deluge "Network Interface" option field, deluge will no connect to torrents.

Also I don't know how to set up my firewall rules.

So I have my VPN set up through pfSense correctly. It is now an additional interface under my interfaces.

My OMV box is 192.168.1.5 in my LAN ip table. It looks like Deluge has an option called "Network Interface" where I can set it to bind to a specific IP address. How do I set that up?

I guess what I am asking is, now that I have pfSense set up that way, what firewall rules do I need to add, and how do I set up the secondary IP address to add to the "network interface" section of Deluge?

Let me ask this then: my pfSense appliance has 4 NICs. Would it be smarter to make OPT1 connect to WAN and just have the VyprVPN only on OPT1, and then just plug my OMV box straight into OPT1?

I looked into policy-based routing when I switched from a commercial router to a pfSense appliance + Unifi AP setup for the house, and determined I'm far too stupid to manage that.

If this will work, I'll look into setting up a small Plex machine. Problem is my OMV box is running on a beefy i7 with lots of RAM, and I don't want to jump down to Celeron or something like that.

Which means I may have to dick around with policy-based routing. Ech.

As an aside, I think you responded to my question on Sonarr and seedboxes on the Sonarr forum, so thank you for constantly helping me out.

So I want to put my OMV box behind a VPN (VyprVPN), but I know that in doing so, I will break Plex's remote play capabilities. The obvious solution is then to put my PlexMediaServer on a separate appliance and have that just connect to the media library on my OMV.

What's the smartest way to go about doing that? Back up my /opt/plexmediaserver folder, transfer it to /opt/plexmediaserver on the new machine, set Plex to run in docker like I have now, and just mount the /media/TV and /media/Movies/ folders from my mergefs partition on my OMV machine? How should I mount the shared folders? Will the VPN on the OMV machine make that difficult? Or because they are both on the same LAN will that not be an issue?

Let's say I have a DynDNS account (because I do) which allows me to connect to my OMV box remotely (myurl.webhop.org). Currently I can access my apps running on OMV like Couchpotato, Sonarr, Mylar, etc., by going to myurl.webhop.org:XXXX, where XXXX is the port number I have the app's webui listening on and appropriately forwarded through my router. However, it is annoying having to try to remember the correct port numbers for all my apps.

Is there any way I can configure OMV to accept urls as referring to the correct ports? Let's say I want myurl.webhop.org/couchpotato to connect to myurl.webhop.org:5050. Can that be done?

Database corrupted again last night.

I rebuilt it, and when it was doing the initial update, it corrupted again... while scanning my music folder.

Apparently the Music folder is what is causing all the grief (something with the database growing too large?). So I removed the music library, and by some strange chance, the database came back up as if nothing were wrong.

At this point, I've not transitioned to Subsonic to serve the music and Plex will be movies/TV only.