Beiträge von DuDu371

Hello,

i use OMV from version 2 and it's fantastic. Recently I have encuntered a problem with the service NFS.

I am running version 6.5.0-2 and i cannot change any NFS configuration. When i do so, the service nfs-server will not start.

This is the error that OMV gave me:

Then i start digging into the configuration file and found that the service nfs-mountd (/usr/sbin/rpc.mountd) is not starting. The problem seems that the arguments of rpc.mountd that OMV generate into the file /run/sysconfig/nfs-utils are not correct. This is nfs-utils

Code
     PIPEFS_MOUNTPOINT=/run/rpc_pipefs
    RPCNFSDARGS="--no-nfs-version 2 --nfs-version --nfs-version 3 --nfs-version 4 --nfs-version 4.1 --nfs-version 4.2 8"
    RPCMOUNTDARGS="--no-nfs-version 2 --nfs-version 0 --nfs-version 3 --nfs-version 4 --manage-gids"
    STATDARGS=""
    GSSDARGS=""
    RPCSVCGSSDARGS=""
    SVCGSSDARGS=""

The service nfs-mountd is trying to start /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd with $RPCMOUNTARGS and /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd can't recognize the option "--nfs-version 0"..

If i remove that from the file the services are working again.

Any advice?

Thx

Same problem here

Error:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; monit -t 2>&1' with exit code '1': /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:6: syntax error ':'' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175

Line 6:

Code
    check filesystem fs_srv__dev_disk_by-id_md-name-NAS:RAID with path "/srv/_dev_disk_by-id_md-name-NAS:RAID"

I think that monit doesn't support the character ':' as part of the name of the device, before 3.0.68 the mounted filesystems folders was based on UUID, now on the device name. The problem is that all the mdamd array are "MACHINENAME:ARRAYNAME" so every time you mount a raid software device, there is this error.

Already tried omv-mkconfig monit but it won't change anything

This is my opinion and sorry for my bad english

I haven't any option in general samba extra options. Have I to add any?
    But in the samba share extra options there are the options of your guide:

Code
    vfs objects = shadow_copy2
    shadow:format = @GMT_%Y.%m.%d-%H.%M.%S
    shadow:sort = desc
    shadow:snapdir = .snapshots

I have alredy do that. Here there is what i have done:

I have created a txt file

then i writed something and i saved it

after that i created a new snapshot

reopened the file and changed something

then i saved it

i made another snapshot

after that i open the previous version and i don't see anyting

Hi,
    i'm following the guide but after finishing all the passages (without errors), i can't see any previous version of the file.
    I have tried with OMV 1.19 and with the Testing 2.0.13 with no success.I have also tried with protected storage (user with password) and unprotected storage (guest allowed).
    All the test are done in a virtual machine with 2 drives, 1 is the system drive e 1 is the storage drive.
    Any ideas?

I've just finished to install OMV on my brand new server. I chose a Intel 320 40GB SSD as the system drive.
    I have some questions:

• The is something that i have to enable (or disable) for better ssd life?
    • What about the trim?

Thank in advance for answers :)

I discover it some years ago. It's a very good software to use in "combo" with OMV Transmission Plugin. This programs allows to map the linux path of the download directory with the mapped network drive. It's very usefull!

It's a common debian-installer bug. Select english language at the first screen and the error is gone :)

The first error

Code
    Failure trying to run: chroot /target mount -t proc proc/proc

it's a debian installer bug and you find this error on the wheezy cd too.
    The i suggest to check the downloaded iso or your internet connection. I'm italian and here the iso work just fine

I have the same problem. I succefully updated my first server to kralizec, but the same procedure on my second server give me a grub error: "error: invalid arch independent ELF magic". So i boot the wheezy netinstall, start rescue mode, reinstall grub in the right disk (i have checked twice) and the message is still there. Sometimes the grub menu apperars, sometimes not but there is always the same problem. When the menu appers and i try to boot a kernel, grub can't load modules or the same error appers.