Beiträge von edterbak

Ok,
    started putty as admin
    connected to 192.168.1.3:22 (SSH)
    Typed:
    root [enter]
    "my OMV password" [enter]
    /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php

Now, how do I enter the correct domain / IP's etc in there?
    Last point I am in nano and I can read, write etc..
    I think I need to have a text file and drop it somewhere on the NAS/OMV, but I lack the details.

arghh... Tried Putty, I cant even get putty to connect to OMV. Im way out of my league in this.

downloaded putty from http://www.chiark.greenend.org…atham/putty/download.html
    run as admin type in the local IP of omv 192.168.1.3 (SSH)
    tried port 22 + 443 + 8443 none work, only black box with non responsive green cursor in the upper left corner. :(

I can connect to OMV login page using https:192.168.1.3 (with or without :443) I end up in owncloud when using https:192.168.1.3:8443, but get the error message of trusted domain ofcourse...
    I dont know how to go forward.

[edit]
    I have team viewer up and running. If a dev wants to dig in and see what the problem is, thats fine. If you find this usefull ofc.

@tekkb : are you sure? :P
    You must be getting the feeling you are trying to explain what fire is to a Neanderthal.. Hhaha...

Im at the "PuTTY" station. This needs some sorting out for me how to do that in the first place. I will continue this in the evening cause my boss is getting pissed ;) .
    Thank you all for the support guys! Much appreciated. Guess this is what makes OMV great huh :)

1 - Create a DDNS name to get access from outside (web) to Owncloud. OK Done. tested and working
    2 - Create a rule on your router firewall to let traffic from port 8443 go in to your OC. Done, tested and works. get OMV config and with :8443 the OC page.
    3 - Add the DDNS name to the 'trusted_domains' in the /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php file.

Stranded at the 3rd bullit.
    Do I do this in OMV? How? :) I need a little bit more guidance and its nearly done :)

Thank you all for helping me (and us all)

Second issue is that the shares are not available in OwnCloud.

I had all the same issues you ran in to. :) So Im not crazy, always good to know.
    But I did manage to get my share to show up.
    log into admin user and in the lower left [+app] I fiddled with a lot of the settings and finaly I got a folder to show. I do not know what exactly I did. Hope this helps.

If you are using OMV 1.0, then you have to:

1 - Create a DDNS name to get access outside (web) to Owncloud.
    2 - Create a rule on your router firewall to let traffic from port 8443 go in to your OC
    3 - Add the DDNS name to the 'trusted_domains' in the /var/www/owncloud/config/config.php file.

I read that, but is it obliged? Cant I just use my personal IP adress (which might change)?

If its required, then I will do so.. easy enough.

Ghehe..

Currently I am at work. I took controle over my PC at home through team viewer.
    The two locations are 80km apart. no vpn or other stuff.

I try to connect to my owncloud through Chrome browser from work.
    I need to set this up correctly that it is working for me and my wife. access owncloud from anywhere through browser. Does this anwser your questions?

Just to explain.

At home, I have a diy nas built with omv ofc. and im attempting to get up and running owncloud on it.
    locally I can reach the owncloud
    from work a different pc, outside homenetwork, I cant seem to get in and gives the above message

Hi,

Im running in the same issue with login in to owncloud from a non-local system.

Code
    You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.Please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator of this instance, configure the "trusted_domain" setting in config/config.php. An example configuration is provided in config/config.sample.php.

I do not know where in OMV setup page, or Owncloud setup page or router page I need to do what.. or how. :)
    - where can I find the correct trusted domain?

And, I also needed to add 8443 to the routing table of my router to get past the certificate acceptance. It would just time out otherwise. Only 443 > 443 doesnt work.

Hi,

This is my very first post in the OMV forum. :)
    I am new to OMV + snapraid. So figuring out what I got so far took two evenings and a lot of reading.
    My setup: DIY NAS with 3x1TB WD reds + 1 SSD with OMV on it.

I really like what SnapRAID is offering. Redundancy, fault correction, 1 disk spins up and snapshot functionality.. So I love to get this to work well. .
    What I desire is 2 mirrored disks (so I can continue work with 1 fail) + 1 parity disk for rebuilding/fault correction.. Currently, this is what my config file looks like.

To explain what you see above. I gave the ID's of the WD reds according to the serial number of the disk. This way making it easier to ID the broken disk. :) Anyway....

I see now I have 2 data disks and 1 parity disk. DataDisk 1 is mounted (all are) and contains a working shared folder. The folder is synced OK. But I have a question what my second datadisk is doing now. I see it is nearly empty in the OMV>filesystem tab, while the datadisk 1 + parity disk contains each about 240Gb. But I'd like the second datadisk to be a mirror of the contents of disk 1.

Q: Am I misunderstanding the way I should go about setting up snapraid? Do I need to have 1 data disk and 2 parity disk to get what I want? Or do I need to change my expectations. :) (open for discussion here )

Thank you very much for all the work done and time you are willing to spend on my querries :)