Beiträge von Ati75

There are cheap ARM devices that make good clients for Plex or Emby. Transcoding will use a lot more resources, CPU, on your server.

This!

While i perfectly understand the need for experimenting and learning stuff, i also would recommend this approach. Get yourself a Raspberry Pi 2, a micro SD-Card and put rasplex on it. Your server won't have to transcode, and a Pi would need significantly less power than a ps3. You'll get direct streaming, choice of different skins, 24p playback and you can use your TVs remote via HDMI-CEC. Never been happier with such a small device. Completely replaced my HTPCs, which i used to run. And its fun to set it up, and see it run. I never turn mine off, it is tucked away behind the TV, and just works.

For a few days i have a list of updates, which want to be installed in the web ui. Clicking on upgrade does nothing, and when i ssh into the machine and do a apt-get update - apt-get upgrade there are no updates available, but are still shown on the web ui??

I did an apt-clean, but do not know what i could do else...Thanks!

edit: Nevermind, it just installed everything, all is good...

Sonarr kept crashing on me very frequently. Since removing the nzbdrone user (from an older install i guess), and only adding shows, which actually are still running, everything is stable like i want it to be. Either the user was the culprit, or one of the shows had something weird going on. All is good!

Why do i always have to update everything? I switched from sickbeard to sonarr, as sickbeard wasn't working, and now i am in the same boat. Anyone know how i can revert mono back to 3.1? Thanks...

As already mentioned i have the same error as texy. But in my case it shows

/usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sickbeard.inc:54

and not

/usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/sickbeard.inc:57

when showing the details. Don't know if it is relevant, thought i'd mention it. But the steps are exactly the same.

I installed the new update, without checking this thread. Sickbeard was working fine. It wasn't after the update, so i thought i'd remove it and install it again. Now i can't enable sickbeard. Keep getting error #4000 :(. 1.0.2 installed...

How do i remove sickbeard completely again, so that i can install it "fresh" ? Thanks for the help.

Edit :

I just can't get it to work. I removed sickbeard, did an apt-clean, removed the /opt/sickbeard dir. After having installed sickbeard, enabled it selected the branch and fork i get the following after hitting apply :

I have no problem setting up sickbeard again, but the whole server would be bit too much right now. Appreciate any help...

So not one client can play back any video? Then there seems to something amiss on your server? On your installation of xbmc on your tablet, there should be the directory with the settings.xml file, but instead of .kodi it should be underneath .xbmc. Any filemanager installed on your tablet so that you could check the contents of settings.xml?

Sorry, that is all i can think of right now. You could create a new user on the webui of mediabrowser. Maybe it is a security problem. Check all your server settings once again, and also check the contents of "recent activity". Maybe there is a pointer to the culprit.

Edit : Just read your recent message. Seems to be a smb problem? Check your acls..

Had the same problem yesterday, nearly went crazy :S . ssh into your client with putty or similar. Go to ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmb3c

Edit settings.xml and change the value of "playFromStream" from false to true. That did it for me. I nearly went crazy. Saw it on the mediabrowser forums, can't find it right now to give credit to the right person.

Its a great addition to omv. I like it very much, more than plex i have to say.

Is there anything new in the subtitles department? I tried sickrage over the last few days, but couldn't get the subtitle download to work, and came back to the original. Any other fork i could try, or an addon? It should be able to interact with the post-processing/renaming/moving process of sickbeard/sabnzbd though.

I have also looked into plex handling the subtitle downloading process, but it also doesn't seem to download them all, and i guess plex doesn't save them to the originating folders, as i can't find them.

Any insights? Forgive me, if this has already been handled and answered.

Just happened to me as well. Will have to stick through, but will disable it as soon as my server is up and running again. It is taking an awful long time though...