Beiträge von davidh2k

If I understand correct, this will enable me to use separate IP addresses for each container in the same range as my physical units on the network?

I use it for pihole exclusively.

Are there any problems with it that I should know of? Maybe add an internal network so that dockers can talk to each other without going out on the network (it is not a huge problem, the system will be low traffic).

Yes. Your Host/NAS won't be able to talk to it unless you add a MACVLAN to your Host. (This is by design, to increase the seggratation of those containers from the Host itself. I had do that recently, myself. You can do it via the following commands (not reboot persistant)

Code
    ip link add macvlanbridge link eth0 type macvlan mode bridge
    ip addr add 192.168.178.3/24 dev macvlanbridge
    ip link set macvlanbridge up
    ip route add 192.168.178.2 dev macvlanbridge

.2 is my pihole Container with a MACVLAN, .3 is the MACVLAN Interface on the host. Be carefull to not use IPs that are given out by your DHCP.

If you want to make it reboot persistant, add a config file under /etc/network/interfaces.d/interfacename like that:

Code
    root@chip:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces.d/macvlan
    auto macvlanbridge
    iface macvlanbridge inet static
        address 192.168.178.3/24
        pre-up ip link add name macvlanbridge link eth0 type macvlan mode bridge
        post-up route add 192.168.178.2/32 dev macvlanbridge
        post-down route del 192.168.178.2/32 dev macvlanbridge
        post-down ip link delete dev macvlanbridge

Greetings

David

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data/appdata/qbittorrentvpn:/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-media/downloads:/downloads

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-data/appdata/sonarr:/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-media/media/TV-serie:/tv

- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-media/downloads/@seeding/standard:/downloads

You should fix your paths. After dev-disk-by-label must come your hard drive you're using. It's a long combination of numbers and signs.

Also, do you really have an @ sign in your path?

Greetings

David

That looks mostly fine to me.

Can you ping the pihole IP from a different Client in your network (you can't ping it from your NAS when you use a MACVLAN Interface unless you have another MACVLAN Interface to connect to it).?

You can also try to ping from within the container, just jump into it by executing docker exec -it pihole /bin/bash and then pinging from there to a client in your network, or even something outside of your network like 1.1.1.1.

Greetings

David

Change the properties of the files as follows by entering the below commands in a root shell:

Code
    cd /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Volume4TB/media/Aufnahmen/6000/movie
    chown -R daniel:users *
    chmod 644 *

That will remove the traverse Folder bit from the folders which is not a good idea either, since it can cause issues for samba etc.

Rather use

Code
    cd /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Volume4TB/media/
    find . -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;
    find . -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \;

This is also the same command that the resetperms plugin uses.

Greetings

David

According to some similiar questions on serverfault.com a user suggested that the load average does not need to be linked to explicit load of the CPU but requests to get a CPU timeslot. Even File System waits seem to be able to cause such issues. To be honest, until now I did not know that either of such things can cause a high load average. Yours also seems extremely high.

Greetings
    David

Do you know where i can download a docker (Apache, Mysql or MariaDb and PHP) to use with portainer?

This may gets you started. Note however that you may need to tune it a bit here and there to fit your needs.

You can read up on the individual docker hub pages to get more info about the specifics for each container.

Greetings

David

Too bad OMV's user group is 100 and he is running the container with PGID 1000. Does that group even exist on the OP's system?

Just for the fun: 5 bucks that his files are - at least - readable by other. You're right though, his setup is patchy. But nevertheless it should start building a library already. Even if he setup plex to write mediainfo into the media path, that should still work. So my guess is the same as yours: the lack of docker knowledge and that he needs to add the volumes to his library. That the misconfiguration will lead to other issues? Probably. My thought just was, that, as patchy as it is, it should already start dooing something.

Greetings

David

The permissions on a folder have nothing to do with the permissions on any files within that folder.

That is true. But that doesn't keep me from making the asumption that he maybe resetted via the reset-permissions plugin and thus the files are 777 or 666 respective, too. But you're right, it doesn't net us anything for now.

I don't think the OP understands what I said in post #9, and if not he or she needs to obtain that understanding.

While I can understand that you see a red flag if a path is owned by root, I don't care about it as long as it also belongs to the users group, which, according to his screenshots, it does. This is especially true if he just did a reset of the permissions. But, lets see what the files of him have as permission and if he even added the folders inside the container to the library.

Greetings

David