Posts by mikebetz42

So with Docker, after struggling with it for hours I finally got it to work.

No videos would stream "transcode errors" - removed "noexec" from fstab on media and database drives - solved that problem
    Hauppage Quad TV Tuner wouldn't show up - had to add "--device=/dev/dvb/" - solved that problem

It's working again, but what a pain in the ass it was.

-Mike

Can't seem to install Plex....

Anyone have a working DISTCC setup?

I wanted to use my NAS servers power to help compile other source on a client, but I haven't had nay luck getting it working.

Thanks,

-Mike

Any RAID array will use the lowest drive size across the array.

With a RAID array you would want x amount of not only the same size drive, but the same model as well for all drives in the array.

I'm having the same issue, I do not believe all of the plugins I need exist on OMV4 yet.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; echo '-bond0' > /sys/class/net/bonding_masters 2>&1' with exit code '2':

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; echo '-bond0' > /sys/class/net/bonding_masters 2>&1' with exit code '2': ' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/moduleabstract.inc(75): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 2)#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/interfaces.inc(76): OMV\Engine\Module\ModuleAbstract->exec('echo '-bond0' >...')#2 [internal function]: OMVModuleInterfaces->deleteBondInterface(Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/moduleabstract.inc(146): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/interfaces.inc(52): OMV\Engine\Module\ModuleAbstract->execTasks('delete')#5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(152): OMVModuleInterfaces->stopService()#6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus0J...', '/tmp/bgoutputeI...')#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#11 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#12 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#13 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#14 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#15 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#16 {main}

Changing "secure" in extra options to "insecure" did it for me. I am able to connect to the share from Kodi on everything from a CU-Boxi, Pi3, PC, Android, etc....

I can't save a configuration, it fails to apply changes, so I had to edit /etc/network/interfaces to get back up and running.

auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
    address 192.168.10.20
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.10.1
    dns-nameservers 192.168.10.1

# ip addr flush dev bond0
    Device "bond0" does not exist.

# echo "-bond0" > /sys/class/net/bonding_masters
    -bash: /sys/class/net/bonding_masters: Permission denied

# ifconfig bond0
    bond0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

# rmmod bonding
    rmmod: ERROR: Module bonding is not currently loaded

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; echo '-bond0' > /sys/class/net/bonding_masters 2>&1' with exit code '2':

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; echo '-bond0' > /sys/class/net/bonding_masters 2>&1' with exit code '2': ' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/moduleabstract.inc(75): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 2)#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/interfaces.inc(76): OMV\Engine\Module\ModuleAbstract->exec('echo '-bond0' >...')#2 [internal function]: OMVModuleInterfaces->deleteBondInterface(Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/moduleabstract.inc(146): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/interfaces.inc(52): OMV\Engine\Module\ModuleAbstract->execTasks('delete')#5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(152): OMVModuleInterfaces->stopService()#6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusg8...', '/tmp/bgoutputEt...')#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#11 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#12 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#13 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#14 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#15 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#16 {main}

Same issue here:

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; echo '-bond0' > /sys/class/net/bonding_masters 2>&1' with exit code '2': ' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/moduleabstract.inc(75): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 2)#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/interfaces.inc(76): OMV\Engine\Module\ModuleAbstract->exec('echo '-bond0' >...')#2 [internal function]: OMVModuleInterfaces->deleteBondInterface(Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/engine/module/moduleabstract.inc(146): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/interfaces.inc(52): OMV\Engine\Module\ModuleAbstract->execTasks('delete')#5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(152): OMVModuleInterfaces->stopService()#6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus5C...', '/tmp/bgoutputPi...')#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#11 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#12 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#13 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#14 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#15 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#16 {main}

omv version: 3.0.97

New strange issue with service status info in omv web- it is red, but services are started and ups shows full info with upsc command.

I'm having the same issue, and after a while the UPS/NUT stop working. It could be an issue with NUT itself and not a OMV issue., as my OMV 3.x install is working fine with the same setup. The UPS communication is over SNMP on the lan. Not sure how to go about troubleshooting this one myself.

device.model: Eaton 5PX 1500
    device.type: ups

driver.name: snmp-ups

entries a graph of the load, the temperature and voltage doesn't work but maybe this could be a problem of the device, and not really a bug for me.
    Now i will let beep my UPS

They stopped working for me as well when I did a fresh re-install of OMV 3. I posted a thread about it, but nothing has been done. Need to post a bug report. Monitorix provides more information on the UPS than OMV. It would be nice to have detailed stats like Monitorix part of OMV.

My config:

UPS > Driver Configuration

driver = snmp-ups
    port = 192.168.10.145
    community = public
    snmp_version = v1
    mibs = pw
    pollfreq = 15
    desc = "Eaton 5PX 1500"

Services > UPS > Variables

Init SSL without certificate database
    ambient.temperature: 0.0