Beiträge von suprstar

Hello all,

i never had the courage to update all the packages listed in the Update Manager as i am afraid to "destroy" my OMV installation.
    Therefore the question: Is it recommended to update all packages listed in the Update Manager (e.g. libmagic1 5.11-2+deb7u5, php5-*, nginx-*) or do i have to be very careful and update only the packages that belong to OMV?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

sure.
    ii openmediavault 1.0.21 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-backup 1.0.5 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    iU openmediavault-extplorer 1.0.3 all OpenMediaVault eXtplorer plugin
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.3 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    iU openmediavault-lvm2 1.0.1 all OpenMediaVault Logical Volume Manager (LVM2) plugin
    iU openmediavault-omvextrasorg 1.0.7 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-openvpnas 1.0.3 all OpenVPN Acess Server plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    iU openmediavault-owncloud 1.1.2 all OpenMediaVault ownCloud plugin
    iU openmediavault-rsnapshot 1.0.4 all OpenMediaVault rsnapshot backup plugin.
    ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 1.0.8 all OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin
    iU openmediavault-usbbackup 1.0.2 all OpenMediaVault USB/eSATA backup plugin
    iU openmediavault-virtualbox 1.0.11 all VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.

Hi all,

i have no access anymore to the OMV 1.x webgui after a plugin installation crashed. I assume it's the virtualbox plugin although omv and the virtual machines are still running fine.
    The error message i get when i try to login via the webgui is:

Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory
    Error #7001:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No
    such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc:135
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(69): OMVRpc::exec('UserMgmt',
    'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125):
    call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79):
    OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcproxy.inc(125):
    OMVRpc::exec('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(32): OMVJsonRpcProxy->handle()
    #6 {main}

I searched the forum and found that for troubleshooting the output from "omv-engined -f -d" is important to figure out the issue:
    PHP Warning: require_once(/usr/share/phpvirtualbox/lib/config.php): failed to o pen stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/v irtualbox.inc on line 22
    PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/usr/share/phpvirtual box/lib/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /usr/share/openmediavau lt/engined/rpc/virtualbox.inc on line 22

So if virtualbox is the issue is there any chance to fix it without reinstalling all the VMs?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards