Beiträge von doguibnu

Hello!

How are you?

I have Rocky Linux 8.7 as samba ad-dc working well

After follow your steps I can join the omv to AD-DC ok!

but my winbind not working in OMV

The problem is: How to do samba member-fileserver (OMV6) shows the users, groups from AD-DC

or, to this works nice, I need follow official doc samba-ad-member and do the commands permissions of disc and more? (SetDisKOeperator....)

Or what is the right way Please?

Thanks

Why two posts? Did you read the restore guide in the guides forum?

Sorry about this

two post because the forum message after reply the obsolete thread:

"The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead."

sorry

Yes, I am reading and trying to do all process about but, something is not right. I can not find where or what.

Because this write again. I will try again.

Thank you

Hello Ryecoaaron!

How are you?

I need your help to restore OMV system.

I want to restore for Proxmox VM. Reading many Threads here, am trying to do the process with dd and fsarchiver but without good solution.

My steps:

On omv server, select fsarchiver. root device: /dev/sdb

Path for fsarchiver: network ISCSI disk

and right, it saves and works nice.

Restore:

On Proxmox, I did install new OMV installation with the same version system OMV. After the end process, boot with live image linux distro and follow the threads info, using dd if=/grubparts of=/dev/sda (where the clean OMV was installed) and after use fsarchiver. The process does not show any error but, when I try reboot the system, it cannot find the device.

I am trying to do the process with fsarchiver and dd a long time ago with this error or grub errors. I did read other blogs about but, I do not know what my wrong way command.

Please, Can you help me?

Thank you

Douglas ?(:/:(

Hello!

how are you?

My OMV its works fine, version 5.x, with backup plugin installed. OMV is installed on server only, without Virtual Machine.

So, follow the steps with fsarchiver on OMV GUI. The directory to put the backup files is our disk backup.

The backup process went well. After this I did use rsync to send/copy the files to ssd usb driver. Then, get other machine with a new disk, formated in ext4 gpt. Run live system, plug the ssd usb, mount the devices and go...

so.....

I did follow the steps about.
    dd if=/mnt/YOUSHOULDKNOW/backup.grubparts of=/dev/YOUSHOULDKNOW

OK!

15 - Extract the backup to that drive (and correct partition): fsarchiver restfs backup.fsa id=0,dest=/dev/YOUSHOULDKNOW

(id=0 means that just the first filesystem from the backup will be restored. I am assuming that you did just backup one filesystem with one backup.)

Right, ok!

But, after reboot system, the system does not UP. Seems cannot get grub, or run grub. when I check with live cd system, all system files there, all directories. I check the smb.conf file and right, the same file that is run on the server production.

Please, How can I fix this.

Somebody can Help

Thanks

Douglas

These are additional helpful outputs that might help advanced users during restore. The extension is pretty much what program created the output and saved it to a file. You can see how they are created here - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…iavault/mkconf/backup#L68

The grub and grub parts would be helpful if the os disk failed and you didn't want to manually create the partitions again. They are more important for the rsync style backup.

Hello!

how are you?

Some days ago I am trying to restore backup OMV data. I did try wih dd, ddful and fsarchiver. All works well. But, How can fix boot, grub for other hard disk or ssd can boot the system again? Is there way to do it? Our OMV it is not on Virtual machine Image.

Someone can Help Please?

Thank you!

Hello!

Still not solved the problem with .recycle. I do not understand because some directory have the .recycle directory and works nice. Others directories are selected to have .recycle enable but does appear (using ls -la command) into the directory,

I am trying to find how to fix this!

Hello!

How are you?

We have an OMV in production version: 5.6.24.1 (usul)

There are many share folders but, only some shares appear in the terminal .recycle folder (with command ls -la). I configured by samba OMV web configure. How to activate the recycle folder to work with the share folders in right mode?

Here samba share configuration with recycle active but not working:

Please, somebody can Help me!

Thank you so much

Douglas

Hello!

Thanks

My directory configuration that works:

add and choose directory for ftp

add and create ftp user (ftpinfo)

adjust permissions on web configuration (acl)

Adjust Privileges (read/write) only for user ftp created

Now it works fine

Thank you

Hello!

We have a new OMV version - 5.6.23 (usul). I am trying to configure a new ftp on there. I did select the folder, adjust permissions access in web configuration but when I try to access it, its shows that no permission access. It lets connect with user and password for FTP but cannot make directory.

my ftp directory is mounted at /srv/dev.................../ftp

Need Do I manually permissions on directory to have access read/write?

I check the paths and all. So I am lost!

Please, someone can I help me please!

Thanks

Douglas

Are you using this in a local network or exposed on the internet? You should consider opgrading and other file access means (sftp) foor security.

May we assume, you do not have an disk error in the gui? SMART service

Now for the files: Log into the server via ssh and check if the files sre still there.

We exposed on the internet but, behind PFsense firwall.

Ohhhhhh, thank you! Yes there is error in SMART gui

I will check the disk

Thank you help and attention for all

Hello!

How are you?

We have an OMV version 2.4 still in production. Since 2015 we are use it and works well. There is a FTP enable and works. The directory have 200 GB data. No anonymous access, no root access, no ssl enable. Only one user can access it with user and password. Yesterday we were using normally, get files, ok, right. After 6 seconds, we need access ftp again from other machine and simply ftp was erase, hidden, nothing files on there. We do not understand what it happened.

The ftp directory is empty

The disc is with the same size before when ftp working well.

We believe that impossible move or delete files in little time (6 between 10 seconds)

Somebody can help please?

Thank you so much

:(

Douglas

which, even if a Linux client is being used, the wsdd service reveals SAMBA shares. SMB shares can be "browsed" with a file manager that is SAMBA aware,

The install is not that difficult, it won't hurt anything and the sources change is easily reversible. Give the Debian/Ubuntu version a try. There's nothing to lose.

Yes, it is not difficult to install. Or, I am thinking here: maybe I use a new OMV install and after install it, I need moore two others services to be runnig (tomcat and firebird). OMV is done with wsdd, so can be the way!

Thank you for attention

I don't think there's a difference in SAMBA packages. The problem was a matter of service discovery.

After wsdd was added to OMV, network share discovery issues disappeared. The wsdd service was integrated into OMV starting, I believe, with version 4.

You might be interested in this project on git-hub -> WSDD

Ok!

Right

The project tell about Windows 10 can not see the samba server share folders and give the solution. In my case Windows 10 can see and connect OMV samba share machines and UBUNTU 20.04 samba server share folder machine without install wsdd. My problem is that others Linux Machine only see/connect OMV samba share folders and can not access, only see Ubuntu 20.04 samba server share folder.

So, in this point, you are tell that if install wsdd on Ubuntu 20.04, samba server will be enable for others Linux Machines access the share folder in Ubuntu?

By smb://IP_server_Ubuntu/share_folder I can connect with Linux Machines. But I would like works the same that OMV = smb://name_server/share_folder for Linux Machines

Thanks

Hello!

How are you?

We have 2 OMV machines, one still old version and other OMV 5x. All windows versions 7 and 10, and other flavors from Linux can see and connect clicking in network (the two OMV servers) Nice! Good!

But, we have other server Ubuntu 20.04 that only windows can see and connect this server. Others Linux flavor, only can see at the network folder but can not connect, give me an error when click:

Failed to retrieve share list from server: Invalid Argument

What the samba packages OMV uses to let all systems can see and connect the share folder without problems or error

Somebody can help or Know what can fix it?

Thank you

Douglas

Hello!

How are you?

I am trying to install OMV 5x. The installation goes OK, but afetr system update and reboot when system startup, it shows:

Generate The prelogin Message......for a long time

after

Clean php session files - plus long time

after

Cleanup of temporary Directory

I switched with others disks to test. But, all tests after system installation give me the same situattion.

Somebody Can help or Know how fix this, please?

Thank you

I have to agree with others. I have added these params to the extra options setting and there is no increase in transmission speed to/from OMV. ;(

Hello!

I do not know how many people use your OMV. But, I think after 50, 70 people using the NAS (tansfer, copy, open files) without add these parameters, the network will stay "heavy" "hard" to do files transfers. Here, there are more than 100 people using it and after add the parameters all works fine.

Thank you!

Douglas