Beiträge von thelasthope

yes I know. I followed a guide (present in the omv forum) that indicated how to definitively change the noexec flag. the result is the following:

what you say is true. But for me the hadrware decoding works halfway.
    according to the plex site:

Zitat von plex forum
    • Move the mouse on top of the video being played. Additional details should appear.
    • When hardware acceleration is being used, you should see (hw) next to the Videoformat as shown above.

• The status text will show Video Transcoding [FORMAT] (hw) to [FORMAT] (hw).
      • The first (hw) indicates that hardware-accelerated video decoding is being used. Only certain video formats are supported for this.
      • The second (hw) indicates that hardware-accelerated video encoding is being used.
      • Depending on the video file and the server hardware, hardware acceleration can be used for decoding, encoding, or both.

If I play a file in h264 the hardware acceleration works both in decoding and in encoding, in and out of docker.If I play a file in h265, out of docker the hardware acceleration works both in decoding and in encoding while, inside docker it works only in encoding...
    Tthis is not good for me as I have several 4k files that use the h265 format that my players do not support and therefore I have to transcode it

Hi everyone.
    I managed to show the latest versions of the plex server using the omv update tab.

following this post:
    https://forums.plex.tv/t/ubunt…rpm-repo-also-back/397834

I execute the following commands:

sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/downloads.plex.tv_repo_deb_dists_._public_InRelease

sudo apt update

sudo apt list --upgradable

From the omv website -> update management -> check

And that's it

"Docker is the way to go" mans that given the choice between manually installing a program, using an OMV plugin for the program, running the program in a docker, or not running it all, docker is the better choice.

unfortunately with docker I cannot enable the hwrdare encoding of the h265 format.

i do the following command

Code
    omv-engined -df

and after i try to connect, the following message (on terminal) appear:

Code
    Child process forked (pid=8227)
    omv-engined[8227]: Executing RPC (service=UserMgmt, method=authUser, params={"username":"admin","password":"Paperinik04!"}, context={"username":"admin","role":1,"_SERVER":{"SERVER_PROTOCOL":"HTTP\/1.0","GATEWAY_INTERFACE":"CGI\/1.1","SERVER_SOFTWARE":"nginx\/1.6.2","REMOTE_ADDR":"::ffff:93.63.221.14","REMOTE_PORT":"40566","SERVER_ADDR":"::ffff:192.168.0.230","SERVER_PORT":"80","SERVER_NAME":"openmediavault-webgui","REDIRECT_STATUS":"200","HTTP_HOST":"leocasa.dlinkddns.com:8007","HTTP_ORIGIN":"http:\/\/leocasa.dlinkddns.com:8007","HTTP_USER_AGENT":"Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit\/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome\/37.0.2062.124 Safari\/537.36","HTTP_CONTENT_TYPE":"application\/json","HTTP_REFERER":"http:\/\/leocasa.dlinkddns.com:8007\/"}}) ...
    PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function pam_auth() in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system.inc on line 3956
    omv-engined[8090]: SIGCHLD received ...
    omv-engined[8090]: Child (pid=8227) terminated with exit code 255

if this can help you,

the nginix log

Hi, i have the same problem.

I have upgdare from 0.5x to 1.0, apparently, without problem.

After the upgrade, initially, I have successfully connected to the web gui. After I updated the plugin repository, it asked me to upgrade php. After upgrading php I can not connect and tells me "communication failure"

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault                     1.0.23                        all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-keyring             0.3                           all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-nut                 1.0.2                         all          OpenMediaVault Network UPS Tools (NUT) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg        1.0.8                         all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver     1.0                           all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  openmediavault-pyload              1.0.0                         all          OpenMediaVault pyLoad plugin
    rc  openmediavault-transmissionbt      1.0.8                         all          OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin

regards.