Beiträge von Martijn

Reading back it looks like i state it is caused by the plugin. What i intended to say with my previous post it was for me, with my very minor linux skills, looking like it was plugin related. English isn't my native language :D

Meanwhile i upgraded to a new PMS version. Now i have upgraded to OMV 1.8 and plex did not need a manual start. So it seems it is solved.

Thanks for the help!

Array is rebuild with 4 disk

This is a risky procedure:
    You can shrink that raid back to 3 hdd. Then mark one of them as fail and remove, you will have a degraded array. Construct a new degraded raid5 with 2 drives you have free, create a new FS with 64 bit flag in this new array. Start moving data across, when you finish kill the old array and add those two drives to new degraded array.

As usual always backup your important data

I am going to try this procedure but i wondering two questions;
    1. How can i build the array back to 3 disk? It seems it isn't an option in the gui
    2. How can i create a degraded raid5 array with only 2 disk. It seems to me this need to be done with the cli, else i will need a 3rd disk?

Your help is much appreciated!

Strangely the disk passed the extended smart test to. Can any1 explains me how an disk can be recognized in bios / OS but can not be added to the raid array? Is there anything i can do / check in cli? I do not think this can be cauesed but the ext4 over 16tb issue?

Think i am going to do an extended WD diagnostic tool overnight.

Edited: I have read the test result wrong, it was the short test who was passed. In the extened information it says:

Zitat

Self-test execution status: ( 241) Self-test routine in progress...
    10% of test remaining.

SO the long test is still busy, isn't this strange? As normally it says 255 minutes for the test, but is it busy for arround 12 hrs now?

I encouter a problem. An hour after my RAID array was grown i got a message my array was degraded. An older device is trown out of the array. Strangely (for me) it is completely recognized in OMV/BIOS. Tried a linux live distro and also not in RAID there. No errors in smart, passes smart fast test. At the moment doing a full smart test.

Outcome of cat /proc/mdstat

Code
    md2 : active raid5 sdb5[3] sda[4] sdd5[2]
          17567362944 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/3] [_UUU]

Any ideas what i can do more?

Yes it is ext4. This is bad news for me. Allthough everything very imporant is in back ups i still have minor important data which i do not have the storage for.

Quistion about your remark about the new OMV is setting the journal to 64 bit. Does this mean when i build a new file system with 3 x 6 tb RAID 5 under OMV (so 10.82tib space) i can rebuild later with the 4th disk and resize it to 16.63tib. If so i can use the 4th disk as temprary storage.

Sunday i added an extra WD red 6tb to my raid 5 3 x WD red 6tb. It was rebuilding till now. Everything seems fine but when i resize the volume nothing happens. Capacity staus 10.82tib.

Under raid management everything seems to be fine, it says a capacity of 16.36tib.

Here is my outcome of cat /proc/mdstat

Code
    Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
    md2 : active raid5 sdc5[0] sda[4] sdb5[2] sdd5[3]
          17567362944 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/4] [UUUU]

First of all i have (very) minor linux skills. I believe md0 and md1 are your OS (DSM) and Swap. This means md2, md3, md4 & md5 are your storage systems. These are vissible as 1 file system in DSM due the SHR layer. But in OMV these will be vissible as 4 different filesystems and not as 1.

In my case the filesystem was vissible from start. I only needed to moun the filesystem and needed to add the shared folders in OMV (uses the excact same name, it is case sensitive). In synology there where also 2 x RAID 1 file system (for DSM and SWAP), these are not vissible in DSM. I deleted them manually in the cli

But i was thinking, if i am not mistaking, you can go to the cli in your xpenology system and give the outcome of cat /proc/mdstat it will say your linux raid system.

Shr is regnized in OMV. I migrated from 3x6 tb in shr (synology hibraid raid) to 3x6 tb raid 5 without loosing data. So in my case shr is actually a normal raid 5 below the synology software layer.

But i see you have multiple disk sizes in SHR. It could be that it is not only raid 5 but also maybe other raid systems combined. The synology software layer makes it vissible as one raid system.

It seems i can not get the api function working. I know from my old Synology server i should get an xml when going to http://10.0.0.6/spotweb/api?t=c, now i get a file not found error

Alltough i have my server settings a slightly different; 1. i let it listen to port 80 and 2. i enabled index.html also because i host a small website.

Byt also with your setting (listen to 8085 and disable index.html) i get a file not found error.

Anny ideas what could cause this?

I doubt if it is caused by the server. To my little knowledge it is due the plugin. When installing the pluggin it uses the normal version of PMS. After the first manual startup i upgraded to the preview version / plexpass version. Same issues in both.

There is no solution in that thread other then the workarround start plex manually.

No error with the plugin with booting Starting Plex Media Server: Done

But then again after i start plex manually once it isn't effected at booting. It seems only happening with a fresh instal of OMV / the plugin and after upgrading OMV.

It is a plex pass topic yes.

Here it is

Code
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   25 dec 27 14:46 S02plexmediaserver -> ../init.d/plexme                                                                                        diaserver
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   25 dec 27 14:46 S02plexmediaserver -> ../init.d/plexme                                                                                        diaserver