Posts by thefunkygibbon

yes, i get that, and if your drive you are restoring to is the EXACT same size as the drive you took the image from , then great. convoluted and longwinded, but sure, it works.

but if your drive differs (ie smaller in any way) then you're in for a world of pain.

it just seems overkill having to image the entire drive, when really a bunch of config files to get OMV back to the same way as before is all is really needed.

did you sort this issue out? i'm not sure what the other guys in this group are talking about... i don't think they understood the issue as it's nothing to do with users or permissions, but the way that virtualbox is binding its remote desktop stuff to the wrong interface (127.0.0.1 by default)

ok that didn't help. so my image says it is 4.3.2-1 ... but upon running it it says it is v3.3 completely confused now.

:edit: i deleted all pihole images. repulled. confirmed it said it was the 4.3.2-1 image. configured it as per the guide. at the bottom of the webui it says it is 3.3 and i should update. checked the settings and i'm indeed without the 'conditional forwarding' which was added in newer versions.

i just ran docker pull --all-tags pihole/pihole and it seems to have downloaded more than before (without that all tags it was saying it was already up to date)

will destroy and bring it up again.

is there a way of doing it without having to completely re-do all the setup of the docker and pihole settings/logs? (in the future I mean, obviously there isn't much going on with my current fresh install)

I've just installed Pihole from the guide on these forums (dated this month) and it seems that the version it has installed (using the pihole/pihole) image is really old. as in well over a year old. It is reporting itself as v3.3 when the latest version apparently in the docker repository is 4.3.2.
    I'm a little confused. Is the docker image repository used in the OMV implementation of docker different from the proper docker repository? if so, how can i change/download latest version??

cheers

still having issues. anyone?

nope. x64

root@server:~# sudo dpkg --configure openmediavault-openvpn
    Setting up openmediavault-openvpn (3.0.3) ...
    Updating init script links and actions.
    enabled
    dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-openvpn (--configure):
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Processing triggers for openmediavault (3.0.42) ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-openvpn

Ok so when i try to do anything relating to package manager with openvpn installed it complains about

Setting up openmediavault-openvpn (3.0.2) ...
    enabled
    subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Processing triggers for openmediavault (3.0.40) ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of openmediavault plugins ...
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

When i purge it and reinstall i get

Setting up openmediavault-openvpn (3.0.2) ...
    enabled
    WARNING: The function 'omv_config_add_element' is deprecated.

Any ideas? I assumed it was a supported plugin in 3 given that its in the list of plugins.

oh yes, don't get me wrong, I appreciate that there has been a huge change to the backend etc. That wasn't what i was getting at. Agh, I feel like i've inadvertently offended you all. All i wanted was clarification if this was what i should be expecting to see given that my upgrade failed in a number of places and I had to bodge it to get it working again.

Just that it is a major release upgrade. Version 2 to version 3 from a product thats been around for 5 years. Dunno, just would have assumed the GUI would have been slightly changed/added features/more mobile friendly etc. Please don't take offence.
    I would be surprised if I was alone in assuming that. Like you did v1>v2.

ok i removed virtualbox and that seemed to be the last one. I can now log into the webgui. (although it looks exactly the same as 2.x... is this expected behaviour??) it says 3.0.36 (erasmus) in the system info page though.