Beiträge von thefunkygibbon

this is my main machine.

it seems that the compiler seems to have broken.

tried removing gcc and installing build essentials or gcc again, no luck

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    build-essential : Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or
    libc-dev
    Depends: g++ (>= 4:4.4.3) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages

-f doesnt make a blind bit of difference :(

:edit: for some reason these forums are not taking some of my posts!

got it working ok as you said on my VM

just tried on my main server and its not installing.. piping it out to a txt file i see the following errors when its installing 2.7 from the script... somethings up with the GCC (as has been pointed out before) any clue how to sort?

Reading state information...
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    libc6-dev : Depends: libc6 (= 2.11.3-3) but 2.13-27 is to be installed
    Depends: libc-dev-bin (= 2.11.3-3) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages

checking for gcc... gcc
    checking whether the C compiler works... no
    configure: error: in `/tmp/Python-2.7.3':
    configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables

any ideas? :(

been running for about 10 mins already

root@openmediavault:/GameZ# python2.7 Gamez.py
    ------------------- launch Browser ( 127.0.0.1:8085) -------------------
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Bus STARTING
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Started monitor thread 'Monitor'.
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Started monitor thread 'Autoreloader'.
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Started monitor thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Serving on 127.0.0.1:8085
    [04/Sep/2012:19:03:10] ENGINE Bus STARTED

(clock is wrong slightly)

just ran it again, and it doesnt seem to start like it says it is going to via the init.d

manually running "python2.7 Gamez.py" starts the server off again, but its back to the same point i was at before your script, in that it says its running but i cant for the life of my connect to it via web browser (i can telnet to it so the port is open)

ok i can see there is a binary in the system for 2.7 thats cool.

i've just rolled back the vm snapshot and about to try again, but running the games script in init.d doesnt seem to do anything. i see that the script tells it to run under 2.7, so if its just that one app thats running 2.7 and the rest of the system is running on 2.6, shouldnt SAB still work ok?

noticed there was a new version of Sickbeard released, went to install it and it complains of

Unable to find your git executable - either delete your .git folder and run from source OR set git_path in your config.ini to enable updates.

even though the ini file contains the correct git path git_path = /usr/bin/git

any ideas?

Yeah i concur that this is a great idea to have on a NAS. I had one on my QNAP NAS and it made life loads easier. ie if i wanted to move some files around in the local OS quickly and easily when i was away from home... worked a treat.

Love OMV, but there seems to be a bunch of features that really should be in there already given its been out for a while now. (ie system backup, native jbod, filebrowser)

I understand there is no apparent way of backing up the config of OMV. This, I feel, should be a priority feature request for the system!
    What is the situation if you had to completely rebuild the server from scratch? Would the new build recognise the drives and be able to mount the RAIDs or would they completely become useless? If so is there some files on the system which could be manually backed up and ported over to the new build which would allow it to use the RAID volumes without an issue? (RAID0 and a RAID1 at the moment, but considering going to RAID5)

thanks

I've tried to plug in both a Netgear n150 usb dongle and also a tplink tl-wn821n but neither seem to be wanting to be recognised by the system.

I can see them listed in lsusb and have apt-get install firmware-atheros as should be apparently but none are showing in the iwconfig or ifconfig as interfaces, tried replugging them in and rebooting but its not having it.

any ideas?