Posts by ankoo

Hi

I never used Docker but this could help me a lot, because there is no official Linux/Fedora/RPM client for SABnzbd, just a Flatpak, which works great, like any Flatpak I used.

I watch this video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And on the official website they link this https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/sabnzbd/

Looks like not to hard to install it as a noob.

Got a few questions about that...

1. Do I need good hardware for that? When it unzip/unrar the downloads it need to smash my J4125 CPU?

2. is it generally a good idea to do that on OMV?

3. good experiences with SABnzbd on OpenMediaVault over Docker?

Regards

Hi

I bought a N3350 6/128GB mini PC with 3x USB 3. It's silent, small and 4W idle, for 35€. I like it very much!

1x 2TB WD

2x 5TB Seagate

Question #1

Why only the 2TB shows temps?

Question #2

Why only the 2TB goes in sleep mode after about 15 min. and the Seagate never?

Question #3

I know about CMR and SWR but and a empty 5TB drive, when I copy 20GB, it starts with 113 MB/s and after 5GB it drops down to ~60 MB/s, go back to ~90 MB/s. The 2TB WD copy from first to last second with 110 MB/s

The 2TB is about 10y old and for 2x 5TB and N3350 Mini PC i paid about 135€, so cheap af and I am happy but I try to understand. I use 1-2 times the NAS for 2-5GB per week. Don't need more than that.

Regards

If somebodz is a noob, like I am this will maybe help.

After install and reboot when I click on it:

Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue.

OMV Version is 7.1.1-1 (Sandworm) and addon mergerfs 7.0.5

Storage > File Systems > add with + all HDDs and after that you can do it on the tutorial like here

omv6:omv6_plugins:mergerfs [omv-extras.org]

chente thank you so much!

Maybe I can ask you why SMB is so slow on Linux compare to Windows? On Linux it is up to 87 MB/s and on Windows over 100 MB/s (write speeds)

Hi,

this is my first time to use OMV with more than one storage device.

Normally I click on storage, file system, add, EXT4 and add the HDD.

This time I wanna add 2 HDD's which act like one, so I read few howtos and decide to use RAID0, because I don't care about data loss, will get one storage device and on top better speeds, which I don't need btw.

Now I got more options. BTFRS >

SINGLE

DUP

RAID0

RAID1

RAID10

Problem 1: When I try to use EXT4 I can't use and RAID. Why?

Problem 2: What is SINGLE and DUP? Maybe better than RAID0?

Problem 3: I need to use BTFRS but why? I don't need snapshots or something like that.

Don't get me wrong, I try to understand and never use BTFRS.

What I need is just a "media SMB device" to get access for media on any device (Linux Desktop, Android Tablet, Windows PC and so on). Lose data would not be a problem, don't need backup/snapshot, just space and speed (2.5 inch HDD over USB).

Regards

I reinstall OMV and check the updates again.

It looks like OMV try to install Nvidia driver?

It's a AMD build with Radeon iGPU?

AMD GX-420GI with Radeon R7E 2x 4GB RAM and 64GB M.2 SSD.

Don't get me wrong, I just try to fix it but only know about basic stuff. I use OMV for years and several devices. Never faced problems like that.

Hi

I installed OMV 7.1 on a HP T630 (8/64GB) and anything works but when I go to updates and install it, it breaks my system after I reboot reboot.

I did it 2 times with fresh installation. Second time I connect over ssh and run omv-upgrade but the same, won't reboot anymore.

This is what I get after I update over the GUI without setting up, just fresh install and update + reboot: