Posts by fumantsu

To see the dashboard content clear your browser cache or force reload the page.

An empty /etc/resolv.conf remains unexplained. I had the problem and it returned a few times before finally being solved in a manner unknown to me.

Both of these problems have been widely reported.

Actually both are not so serious issues (maybe the resolv.conf is very annoying) but that this with the network. I saw that it solved with 5.4.2.1 but from gui the netplan.io doesn't want to be installed (it shown in the list but not in the apt). From CLI it can be installed..... In the end the network issue is not solved (or not related).

I have decide to clean install the latest 5.3.9-1 from the latest iso and I would say that it is rather buggy. After installation (without do any updates) the System Information dashboard is empty.

Trying to add my second network interface I'm getting Internal Server Error (same if I edit the existing interface)

Code
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"The property 'options' does not exist in the model 'conf.system.network.interface'.","trace":"OMV\\AssertException: The property 'options' does not exist in the model 'conf.system.network.interface'. in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc:71\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(186): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->assertExists('options')\n#1 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(271): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->set('options', '', true)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/config\/configobject.inc(233): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setFlatAssoc(Array, true, false)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/network.inc(135): OMV\\Config\\ConfigObject->setAssoc(Array)\n#4 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/network.inc(542): Engined\\Rpc\\Network->setInterfaceConfig(Array, Array)\n#5 [internal function]: Engined\\Rpc\\Network->setEthernetIface(Array, Array)\n#6 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#7 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setEthernetIfac...', Array, Array)\n#8 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('Network', 'setEthernetIfac...', Array, Array, 1)\n#9 {main}"}}

Other issues:

(a lot of messages)

Code
    Apr 30 00:36:46 nasbox omv-engined[4330]: Unknown or deprecated time zone [tz=]. Please reconfigure your time zone settings.
    Apr 30 00:36:36 nasbox php[937]: Unknown or deprecated time zone [tz=]. Please reconfigure your time zone settings.
    Apr 30 00:27:19 nasbox omv-salt[791]: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/states/file.py:294: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working
    Apr 30 00:27:19 nasbox omv-salt[791]: from collections import Iterable, Mapping, defaultdict
    Apr 30 00:27:19 nasbox omv-salt[791]: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/decorators/signature.py:31: DeprecationWarning: `formatargspec` is deprecated since Python 3.5. Use `signature` and the `Signature` object directly
    Apr 30 00:27:19 nasbox omv-salt[791]: *salt.utils.args.get_function_argspec(original_function)
    Apr 30 00:27:19 nasbox omv-salt[791]: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/decorators/signature.py:31: DeprecationWarning: `formatargspec` is deprecated since Python 3.5. Use `signature` and the `Signature` object directly
    Apr 30 00:27:19 nasbox omv-salt[791]: *salt.utils.args.get_function_argspec(original_function)
    Apr 30 00:27:19 nasbox omv-salt[791]: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/oset.py:47: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working
    Apr 30 00:27:19 nasbox omv-salt[791]: class OrderedSet(collections.MutableSet):

Also extremely funny, if I do first a netinst from debian, after apply the openmediavault the DNS stops working (/etc/resolv.conf is empty)

Hi guys,

I trying to make some docker containers work with the OMV nginx (not plugin). For example I have the calibre-web docker image (https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/calibre-web) which also has some brief instructions about this to make it work instead of http://mynas:8083 to http://mynas/calibre-web/

So I have create a file calibre-web in the sites-available directory with the structure as it iso on the link (change the host to 127.0.0.1, looks that works (because http://mynas/calibre-web gives a different error than with http://mynas/calibre-web/) but I'm getting white page and 404.
    If I make it work I will try with other containers as well so any help?

I have notice something long time ago which is bit annoying but strangely doesn't affect the operation

Jun 05 17:50:28 nasbox systemd[1]: Starting Mount ZFS filesystems...
    Jun 05 17:50:28 nasbox zfs[2123]: cannot mount '/mnt/storage': directory is not empty
    Jun 05 17:50:30 nasbox systemd[1]: zfs-mount.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    Jun 05 17:50:30 nasbox systemd[1]: Failed to start Mount ZFS filesystems.
    Jun 05 17:50:30 nasbox systemd[1]: zfs-mount.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Jun 05 17:50:30 nasbox systemd[1]: zfs-mount.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

if I restart on single mode and remove the directory there is no error message. It will happen on the next reboot (which is not happen often so I don't know what else can be the cause)
    As I mention everything looks that working perfect. Any idea why this is happening?

The "pure" gone that on openmediavault you done most of the staff from the gui and you don't need to go through do changes on the files. In my cases tasks which I run on the console because either are faster or more convinient are apt-get upgrade (I'm afraid the gui time that can break the initramfs) or mostly docker commands for updating the containers with newer image versions.

So from my understanding of the answers is that having a user or running as root doesn't give some value.

Well it is not a matter how I do it, it is a matter of functionality. I guess that guys didn't make a process ask for creation of user specific for the console for some reason or logic

Hello to all,

I would like to get the opinion especially from guys in that working on the development. From time to time I use the console to do some tasks that either the GUI don't have or works little different that I expect. Right now I'm using the root user but it is quite known that it is not a good practice but.... we are talking about openmediavault and not a pure linux system
    So I would like to ask if it worth/good etc. to continue use root or it is better to create a user and when it is needed invoke sudo.

From your whole statement basically you said "I don't care about the majority that use OMV and Windows (we like it or not it's the majority), I want encryption even if makes the OMV usable from few". Have you ever think others that just store data for streaming and have devices like RPI? Probably not...

Encryption in a NAS device should be transparent and compatible with everything in the computer ecosystem not just linux (and few tools).

NAS is not a backup device itself and I think this is what you need to understand. It is a way to have available files on the network from a centralized point with a centralized management. If a NAS device will have RAID etc for speed/high availability etc. it is a different story. There are NAS devices with one drive.