Posts by fumantsu

I will revive a bit this topic as I have re-image this and I have face this. Would be nicer to be an option to create the home directory under /home? What would be the reason for example to connect via SSH (as the public SSH tab exist) since there is no home directory?

I have the same
    The problem is that the jar file after update is changing the extension to .backup. A simple rename is solving the issue but I think that the problem is not from the plugin but the update mechanism of myJDownloader as it happens only when there is update.

The myJDownloader shouldn't consider stable....

For the disks I fully agree mostly for their health. Atom C2550 is supposed to have TDP around 14W. So add also MB, RAM plus disk we go to 42W. The thing is that ODROID-XU4 as board is suppose to consume less than 14W which in my case is only the CPU.

Comparing with the old one? I'm little doubt if will be only 10W which for a 24x7 (I don't know if it is worth for disks health to shutdown it during some times of the day) in yearly basis it is something.

Hello,

I would like your suggestions. Currently I have a custom made nas using Atom C2550, 16GB RAM and 4x4TB WD REDs using ZFS. There is no much workload on this as mostly it serves file sharing and storage. On idle it consumes around 42W.
    I was thinking to upgrade using only 2x8TB and also the main hardware. So mostly from the power consumption point of view:
    ODROID-XU4 (the disks will be outside either as USB3 or with the USB3toSATA adapter that I can buy for ODROID) or some new ITX MB with i3? (The disks are will not necessarily be ZFS)

Hello,

I'm in trouble with NFS and ZFS. I have the strongly impression that the NFS implementation with export dir and binds are not working correctly (probably with ZFS) or there is somewhere a strange bug. So before I report something I would like opinions

Scenario OMV 3.0.48, opendmediavault-zfs 3.0.4
    Clean system. zfs mounts on /mnt/tank0, no nfs enabled on gui, no /export, /etc/export empty, sharedir TVSeries
    Steps:
    1) systemctl status zfs-mount.service
    ● zfs-mount.service - Mount ZFS filesystems
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/zfs-mount.service; enabled)
    Active: active (exited) since Wed 2016-10-26 19:52:41 CEST; 40s ago
    Process: 3385 ExecStart=/sbin/zfs mount -a (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 3385 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    CGroup: /system.slice/zfs-mount.service
    2) enable the NFS (nothing defined to be exported), reboot, all good
    3) adding one share (TVSeries). /export/TVSeries created and point to correct path.
    mount |grep -i export
    tank0/Media on /export/TVSeries type zfs (rw,relatime,xattr,posixacl)
    cat /etc/fstab |grep export
    /mnt/tank0/Media/TVSeries /export/TVSeries none bind 0 0
    4) reboot
    5) systemctl status zfs-mount.service
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2016-10-26 20:06:36 CEST; 29s ago
    Process: 1790 ExecStart=/sbin/zfs mount -a (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Main PID: 1790 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Oct 26 20:06:34 nasbox zfs[1790]: cannot mount '/mnt/tank0': directory is not empty
    Oct 26 20:06:35 nasbox zfs[1790]: cannot mount '/mnt/tank0/Media': directory is not empty
    Oct 26 20:06:36 nasbox systemd[1]: zfs-mount.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    Oct 26 20:06:36 nasbox systemd[1]: Failed to start Mount ZFS filesystems.
    Oct 26 20:06:36 nasbox systemd[1]: Unit zfs-mount.service entered failed state.

-mount |grep -i export
    /dev/sda1 on /export/TVSeries type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)
    -cat /etc/fstab |grep export
    -cat /etc/exports
    # /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
    # to NFS clients. See exports(5).
    /export/TVSeries pi-router(rw,fsid=1,subtree_check,insecure)
    # NFSv4 - pseudo filesystem root
    /export pi-router(ro,fsid=0,root_squash,no_subtree_check,hide)

# ZFS automatic exports

cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml |grep -C7 export
    <freq>0</freq>
    <passno>0</passno>
    <hidden>1</hidden>
    </mntent>
    <mntent>
    <uuid>9037fff3-d77d-4369-8305-c2d05552caf3</uuid>
    <fsname>/mnt/tank0/Media/TVSeries</fsname>
    <dir>/export/TVSeries</dir>
    <type>none</type>
    <opts>bind</opts>
    <freq>0</freq>
    <passno>0</passno>
    <hidden>0</hidden>
    </mntent>
    </fstab>

ZFS is working but not NFS (directory is empty)

6) reboot again
    7) Delete the NFS share (only) and reboot
    8) systemctl status zfs-mount.service
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2016-10-26 20:15:14 CEST; 23s ago
    Process: 1793 ExecStart=/sbin/zfs mount -a (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Main PID: 1793 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Oct 26 20:15:13 nasbox zfs[1793]: cannot mount '/mnt/tank0': directory is not empty
    Oct 26 20:15:14 nasbox zfs[1793]: cannot mount '/mnt/tank0/Media': directory is not empty
    Oct 26 20:15:14 nasbox systemd[1]: zfs-mount.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    Oct 26 20:15:14 nasbox systemd[1]: Failed to start Mount ZFS filesystems.
    Oct 26 20:15:14 nasbox systemd[1]: Unit zfs-mount.service entered failed state.

mount |grep -i export
    /dev/sda1 on /export/TVSeries type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)
    cat /etc/fstab |grep export
    cat /etc/exports
    # /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
    # to NFS clients. See exports(5).
    # NFSv4 - pseudo filesystem root

# ZFS automatic exports

cat /etc/openmediavault/config.xml |grep -C7 export
    <freq>0</freq>
    <passno>0</passno>
    <hidden>1</hidden>
    </mntent>
    <mntent>
    <uuid>9037fff3-d77d-4369-8305-c2d05552caf3</uuid>
    <fsname>/mnt/tank0/Media/TVSeries</fsname>
    <dir>/export/TVSeries</dir>
    <type>none</type>
    <opts>bind</opts>
    <freq>0</freq>
    <passno>0</passno>
    <hidden>0</hidden>
    </mntent>
    </fstab>

ls -l /export/
    total 4
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 26 20:06 TVSeries
    root@nasbox:~# ls -l /export/TVSeries/
    total 0

Everything is still there.

9) Remove the lines from the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml,reboot. All are there expect the lines which I delete (of course :D )
    10) Remove the lines from /etc/fstab, reboot. Error on zfs-mount service exists. Directory on /export exists.
    11) Reboot on single mode, rename /mnt/tank0 to /mnt/tank0.old and reboot
    12) systemctl status zfs-mount.service
    Active: active (exited) since Wed 2016-10-26 20:25:56 CEST; 26s ago
    Process: 1789 ExecStart=/sbin/zfs mount -a (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 1789 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    CGroup: /system.slice/zfs-mount.service

Oct 26 20:25:56 nasbox systemd[1]: Started Mount ZFS filesystems.

So.... conclusion, bad cleanup on /etc/fstab (and directories), blocking correct operation of ZFS, NFS is not working.

Openmediavault bug or openmediavault-zfs bug? ?(?(?(

Hello,

Testing yesterday the latest build, I saw that I can't download zfs and docker plugins even if they are in the list. I'm getting a 404. Looking the url paths I see that packages.gz and rest are exist but not the deb files. Some migration or something else is on the way?

Sent from my bacon

If you mean resilvering, nothing. It will continue later. In general is good idea to leave it finish just because you are resyncing the disk data between array members and in case of something happen on some other disk which is supposed to have good data you will lose everything.

Good day,

I trying to build a custom kernel 4.4.6 for all the guides that I found (one from this forum based on script and anything on the net) have a major issue. Headers-common (and maybe needed kbuild) are not created. ZFS that I have needs the headers-common to exist. Does anyone knows a way to create them or maybe from a rebuild of jessie-backports packages?

I'm getting error message Parameter is incorrect. I search it and people (also with Windows 8.1) have various solutions but for me the one that played was to disable SMB2. According to the man pages and changelog, Samba 3.6.6 is supports SMB 2.0 (introduced on Windows 7). After that there are more SMB 2 versions which introduced on Windows 8 and 8.1 till SMB 3 on Windows 10 and all these versions are supported only on Samba 4.

Well there is some advantage. Beside speed, Samba 3.6.6 is using as max protocol SMB 2.0(introduced on Windows 7) which on Windows 10 (and what I read on forums, Windows 8, 8.1 as well) is causing serious issues when trying to open a .exe file (Error "The parameter is incorrect"). The solution is to set the max protocol version to NT1 with anything means this or of course follow the SMB version of Windows (needs at least SMB 2.1).