Beiträge von magixx

The mod in the original post has been doing fine for me for the past ~8 months on a Sandisk Cruzer 4GB and 4GB RAM. I did have an issue in the past such that I am missing status logs for a large period of time and web-ui update seemed to not work but I seem to have solved that today by setting my apt source to wheezy and doing a dist-upgrade. I'll probably upgrade to Arch on my fancy SLC usb drive once I get bored enough or this setup dies.

I went to the Reset Permissions tab and hit reset permissions for all my file systems/labels (d1,d2,d3,d4) not clearing ACL. Set transmission umask to 777. This made transmission not able to create files. I tried resetting the permissions again. I then tried setting an inconsequential transmission setting in order to save all setting since reset wasn't working.
    Now transmission won't work at all. In trying to reset transmission I'm getting:
    "Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; invoke-rc.d 'transmission-daemon' start 2>&1': Starting bittorrent daemon: transmission-daemon[13:54:46.192] Couldn't read "/var/lib/transmission-daemon/info/settings.json": Permission denied (warning). invoke-rc.d: initscript transmission-daemon, action "start" failed."

I'm currently using an aufs pool and transmission and cannot seem to be able to get proper rights to any directories/files that transmission creates. Transmission saves on an aufs pool and I'm accessing files from there. Under shares I've checked Privilages for my user/group to read/write.

I've done the same for ACL, and I have done this for all drives/poolshares yet I still cannot delete/copy to transmission created files/folders.

I've added myself to debian-transmission group and I still cannot edit those files.

Whenever I reapply the privilages I will be able to edit the current files, but once again I cannot edit any future created ones.
    What am I doing wrong?

So I've set up a new openmediavault box and some plugins, however I am getting consistent crashes around every hour or so when I'm migrating data. My setup is OMV + aufs plugin + transmission and I am sharing the aufs pool and writing both my files and having transmission save on the pool. The odd thing is that everything seems to die (webui, SMB, transmission) however if I go to the PC I can login as root:password and it works (using admin:password just brings up the login again). I tried looking though the logs but can notice anything really repeating.
    EDIT: This may even be a networking error where for some reason the connection is dropped, need to look into this further, restarting the networking service did not work though on first trial.

Here is an example of a syslog a bit before the crash (happens at around ~10:11), the crash, then me logging as root and doing sudo reboot:

It then decides to die again at ~10:30 for some reason, at which point I hit restart button.

Here is a more complete log of the most recent crash:
    http://pastebin.com/hYet99Fh

And full log here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/…HUGdSU3M/view?usp=sharing

EDIT1: Going to attempt disabling transmission and see if that does anything.
    EDIT1.5: This did nothing, crashed about 5 minutes later thus interrupting the file transfer once more.
    EDIT2: Set static IP outside DHCP, didn't seem to make a difference, upgraded kernel and left it on overnight powered on, it did not disconnect during this time. Back to transferring files from windows machine, will need to see if it continues to disconnect.