Beiträge von javagenki

I don't know exactly what happened but as I was trying to apply the latest updates to my OMV system and plugins I kept getting some errors related to ftppro(?) I don't recall exactly the name as I, at one time, installed a bunch of the programs through the UI. I started updating one by one and rebooting when I got some errors. Finally I got to the last one which was the ftppro plugin. It seemed to be working so I stepped away for a min. When I got back I noticed that it was still running and that it appeared to be deleting system files. This was all done via the UI and the Upgrade Plugins tab and something I do on a regular basis. I'm now trying to figure out the best way to recover as I can't access the UI but I can access the command prompt.

Any advice on how to recover and any theories on what happened?

Thanks,
    Mark

I seem to be having the same problem as you jeffersondavis.

I did a fresh install of OMV 3 and then installed both the Sickrage and SABnzbd plugins. While they seem to work fine independently I can't get any of the automation to work. I've added the SABnzbd API key to Sickrage and it shows a successful connection but I just can't get any shows to pass to SABnzbd. As a test I changed the API key in SABnzbd and I could see in the SABnzbd logs that the key from Sickrage was incorrect.

I was wondering if the shows are just not being found by the Search Providers but I've selected every one in the list and I've tried multiple shows that Sickbeard would have no problems - in my previous install - finding.

Any suggestions.

After my recent loss of data and a friend mentioning Glacier I've been curious about having an online backup for my photos - the only thing I really don't want to lose.

Rsync has been working very well for a USB backup but I'd like to go one step further with Glacier.

Found the following using rsync and incremental backups - don't have the time at the moment to look too closely yet but here is the link:

http://danielkinsman.wordpress…o-amazon-glacier-storage/

Thank you for all of the help!

It looks like ext4magic is recovering quite a bit of data - if not all of it - or at least as much that can fit on the 2TB usb drive.

Thanks for the commands endstille - really saved me. Here's what I used for anyone who is interested.

debugfs -R "dump <8> /tmp/JOURNAL.copy" /dev/mapper/MarkioVG-MediaLV
    cd /mnt/recover
    ext4magic -j /tmp/JOURNAL.copy -M "/dev/mapper/MarkioVG-MediaLV"

Ok, that site is very cool!

I had to use - apt-get update && apt-get install -y zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev - to get the right packages installed and then make worked perfectly

So following the next steps on the web site...

Nothing was return when I entered - ./script.sh /dev/md127 - '/dev/md127' IS the name of my RAID device

When I entered - ./script.sh /dev/mapper/MarkioVG-MediaLV - I get the following returned

So assuming Google is translating the page correctly I want to enter the following - all at once? '/mnt/recover' is where I mounted the new 2TB drive.

Hi endstille,

I had actually tried to run the './configure --enable-expert-mode' earlier and that seemed to work but actually fails with:

configure: error: You must install the packages "zlib-devel and libbz2-devel" to build this version

It doesn't seem to be able to find the makefile.

root@MARKIOFS:/tmp/ext4magic-0.3.1# make
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
    root@MARKIOFS:/tmp/ext4magic-0.3.1#

root@MARKIOFS:/tmp/ext4magic-0.3.1# make install
    make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.

I realized there are a few more steps to it than that. :)

Set it up as follows...
    mount -o remount,ro /dev/mapper/MarkioVG-MediaLV
    mount /dev/sdg1 /mnt/recover

Now trying to install ext4magic but have all sorts of problems with the make

cd /tmp
    wget http://prdownload.berlios.de/e…ic/ext4magic-0.3.1.tar.gz
    ---some reason the there was a problem with the filename so I had get via the DL page

tar xfvz ext4magic-0.3.1.tar.gz
    apt-get install build-essential e2fslibs-dev uuid-dev libblkid-dev libmagic-dev
    cd /tmp/ext4magic
    make clean
    ---this gives me the following error
    root@MARKIOFS:/tmp/ext4magic-0.3.1# make clean
    make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.

I'm wondering if the file extracted properly

root@MARKIOFS:/tmp/ext4magic-0.3.1# ls -al
    total 1184
    drwxrwxrwx 3 omv users 500 Jun 4 16:09 .
    drwxrwxrwt 9 root root 220 Jun 4 16:20 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 316537 Sep 21 2012 aclocal.m4
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 37 May 19 2010 AUTHORS
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 3611 Sep 21 2012 ChangeLog
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 omv users 39923 May 19 2010 config.guess
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 1549 Sep 21 2012 config.h.in
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 21298 Jun 4 16:09 config.log
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 omv users 29628 May 19 2010 config.sub
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 omv users 424689 Sep 21 2012 configure
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 1731 Sep 21 2012 configure.in
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 18009 May 19 2010 COPYING
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 omv users 12924 May 19 2010 depcomp
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 7110 Feb 19 2012 INSTALL
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 12194 Feb 17 2012 INSTALL.de
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 omv users 6315 May 19 2010 install-sh
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 182358 May 19 2010 ltmain.sh
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 169 Apr 4 2011 Makefile.am
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 22372 Sep 21 2012 Makefile.in
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 omv users 10270 May 19 2010 missing
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 omv users 1988 May 19 2010 mkinstalldirs
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 4635 Sep 21 2012 NEWS
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 19592 Feb 19 2012 README
    drwxrwxrwx 2 omv users 680 Sep 21 2012 src
    -rw-r--r-- 1 omv users 1686 Apr 7 2012 TODO

Good point RE the download folder - posted assuming that I am among friendlies. I know I am but better not take any chances. :)

Thanks for the link! I think Google translate will help give me the basic idea. :)

I'm currently formatting that 2TB usb drive that I am going to use to try to recover to - not sure how much I can save as the raid share is reporting that almost 3TBs in there.

So looking at the directions should I specify the affected filesystem or raid array?

/dev/mapper/MarkioVG-MediaLV
    or
    /dev/md127

If raid then I think this should be the sequence...does this look correct?

Code
    mount -o remount,ro /dev/md127
    mount /dev/sdg1 /mnt/recover
    ext4magic -M /dev/md127 -D /mnt/recover

Thank you all for your suggestions!

I did try the chown command but it didn't seem to have any effect - searched everywhere but still no sign of the files...you'll see from the filelisting below that it could not change perms on the 'aquota*' files.

Fortunately I did find out that rsync had been faithfully backing up my '/media/0fd61490-cb4b-4acf-bbb0-fdb5d1955458/MediaSF/Media/Photos' folder so I'm only missing a day or so from that.

I've provided a recursive listing from '/media/0fd61490-cb4b-4acf-bbb0-fdb5d1955458/' on down and 'ls -ltr' at the end. Oddly, only the folders below '/media/0fd61490-cb4b-4acf-bbb0-fdb5d1955458/MediaSF/Media/' seem to have been affected.

My photos, for example, would have been stored at '/media/0fd61490-cb4b-4acf-bbb0-fdb5d1955458/MediaSF/Media/Photos'.

I'm baffled, if it was the cause, what Lightroom could have done to have caused that.

Also, I just attached a 2TB usb drive (/dev/sdg1) that I can use for recovery of any files that I might find.

endstille, what recovery methods did you find most successful?

Agreed - not going to try that again with Lightroom...that was a failed experiment.

Will definitely take a better look at my usb drive backup setup...and make sure that the data is actually there before I need to rely on it - I'm not sure how to get the data from the usb drives at the moment.

When you say that Lightroom may have altered the perms is there any way to correct that - not sure if I need to use undelete style utilities (extundelete/ext4magic/etc) or something much more simple. Do you have any suggestions? More than anything I have about 900GBs of photos that I would like to save...that's my biggest concern.

Yeah, that makes sense re the usb drives...sort of in panic mode and probably wasn't thinking straight.

So does it look like there might be a simple way of fixing the permissions? I've been searching but I haven't found anything concrete and I'm trying to be very careful with what I do to avoid corrupting the data especially if there might be a simple fix for this.

I'm also really not sure at all what happened - one minute the files were there and the next they were gone. Deleting the two files via Lightroom is about the only connection I can make.

I did have two usb drives that were plugged into my HP N40L that I use as an external backup for my photo library via rsync. I disconnected them when I shut down as a precaution as they have caused problems before…maybe for that same reason in the fix you supplied.

I plugged the usb drives back in and applied the rootdelay fix with a 10 second delay and the error is gone…possibly because the system was looking for the two usb drives that I had unplugged. That error might have been a red herring…my bad.

Other than the files/folders missing everything appears to be normal – the share is reporting that it is using the same space as before just that now the files/folders are not visible.
    Sickbeard just dl’d a new episode – should I be concerned that the files that disappeared are being overwritten on that share? Is there any way to bring them back?

Thanks for your help, Tekkbebe.

The only thing that I can think of that might be related... I use Lightroom and my photos are stored under the 'Media' directory in a folder aptly named "Photos". I deleted a photo from within Lightroom and was prompted with something like 'there is no recycle bin on this drive so the photo will be permanently deleted'. I did this with two photos a few mins apart. I haven't used this feature of Lightroom before.

I just booted OMV to see if the files might be somewhere else as you suggested but it is paused at:

I resumed system boot but could not find the files in any other location.

I'm not sure if I am experiencing the same issue as endstille but a bunch of folders in one of my LVM filesystems (MediaFS) just disappeared.

I'm also using Samba but I didn't see the same drop in disk usage that endstille did. OMV gui and df show the same drive space that was in use before the folders disappeared but now only one folder "Downloads" remains where there should be almost two dozen folders containing over 2.5TBs of data.

It appears that the data might still be there but is it corrupted, hidden, etc I really have no idea.

I've shut everything down do prevent any further potential data loss but not sure if it is necessary.

Please, can anyone help? Thanks!

rabby80, did you ever get this working?

If not, here's what I had to do - you were almost there...

Also install

apt-get install mldonkey-gui

/etc/init.d/mldonkey-server stop

edit downloads.ini to add your network - 192.168.1.0/24

/etc/init.d/mldonkey-server start

point your browser to your OMV ip:4080