Beiträge von johndoe86x

I had to hook up an HDMI cable to a monitor to see anything as I cannot SSH, but this is the output.
    sudo: effective uid is not 0, is /usr/bin/sudo on a file system with the 'nosuid' option set or an NFS file system without root privileges?

And here is the issue I'm seeing from the GUI.

The last command I ran was: rm /var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json in an attempt to fix some ZFS issues referenced here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My whole system seems to have blown up! :(

Ugh, I thought I had gotten back to square one, however, whenever I try to do anything at all I get this error:

I attempted to follow the directions in the post you pointed to @wolffstarr. I thought I had gotten back to square one, but when I SSH in, none nothing is mounted properly in the ZFS pool. And browsing through the OMV gui, it looks like none of my plugins are enabled.

Edit: Upon returning to the URL of the webgui, I'm greeted by this screen:

Edit again: It seems I now cannot SSH, either.

It seems I marked this as resolved just a bit too soon. @wolffstarr, the command to restore the movies directory worked great, and I thank you for that. However, when I try to add the shared folder through the OMV GUI, I don't see the option for my movies, and the "/dev/sda1" is still in place.

Try SSHing into the server and typing sudo zfs mount TPool/movies and see how that works. ZFS has it's own mounting utilities.

Thank you! That worked beautifully. I've long debated setting up a separate server using only the command line to be more familiar with each component. In the meantime, happy to have access to my movies again!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Some time ago, I mounted the movies share to my ftp share using the command umount --bind /TPool/movies /TPool/ftp/movies, so that I could browse the movies folder from inside the ftp folder. Everything initially worked great, but then I started getting some odd errors in Windows that didn't make any sense about me not being able to access the Movies samba share. I thought I would unmount the share from the ftp folder.
    So, I accidentally unmounted my movies object using the command umount /TPool/movies.

Now my movies object is completely blank as it tried to mount sda1, which is my boot drive.

However, you can see that the data is still clearly intact at least according to the GUI.

What do I need to do to re-establish the connection at /TPool/movies and get access to my movie collection, again? Thanks!

Edit: @wolffstarr provided me with the solution to use the ZFS mounting utilities from the command line: sudo zfs mount TPool/movies

After running omv-update those packages dissapeared :)

I did notice something else however:

Code
    W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports/main amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/httpredir.debian.org_debian_dists_jessie-backports_main_binary-amd64_Packages)
    W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports/contrib amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/httpredir.debian.org_debian_dists_jessie-backports_contrib_binary-amd64_Packages)
    W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

Running apt-get update didn't fix the problem - is it safe to delete one of two entries or is there another way around it?

This issue is fixed in the latest omv-extras. Disable the backports repo in omv-extras and update it.

I had the same problem. This took care of it!

I just installed the plugin on a fresh VM and it seems to be working for me. Did you change the gui address to 0.0.0.0?

No, I left the GUI address at 127.0.0.1 and the Listen Address at 0.0.0.0.

Edit: Ah, right after I typed this up I saw the instructions below the GUI address line. Use 0.0.0.0 for all hose IPs.. It seems to be working after changing that. Thank you!

It is just something I would try. I don't use the syncthing plugin. So, upgrading a working syncthing setup from OMV 2.x to 3.x is not very well tested.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm not exactly sure what I need to change. Everything was a fresh install, so no remnants should remain from 2.0

Hello, all, I recently did a clean install of OMV 3.0. Everything seems to be working without issue except that I can't access the syncthing webgui. Everything worked fine with 2.0, so I don't think it's anything I manually changed or pertaining to do with my network. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, that seems pretty cut and dry. Thank you for your help.

As someone with the following criteria:
    1. On OMV 2
    2. Still using the old ZFS plugin (haven't updated in awhile)
    3. Looking to upgrade to OMV 3

I just want to make sure that I understand correctly, I need to:
    1. Uninstall ZFS plugin/de-select from repos
    2. Run this command:

Code
    apt-get autoremove debian-zfs libnvpair1 libuutil1 libzfs2 libzpool2 zfsutils spl-dkms zfs-dkms openmediavault-zfs

3. Upgrade OMV
    4. Re-enable the ZFS repos (use Testing to get the Debian repos)
    5. Install the plugin
    6. Import the pool

Does this sound right? Thanks!

@nicjo814

Ah, that's brilliant. Thanks for your help. I will definitely work on this later tonight!

Edit: I'm tickled w/the initial tests. Going through a single LUN with 1 NIC yields 110-117 MB/s read-write speeds. Once I get two port NICs in the host and client machine, I'll run more tests to see if the throughput is doubled if the LUNs are striped on the client side.

Hmm, I'm not sure what I'm missing. I have a ZFS pool called TPool that is a stripe of mirrors (equivalent of RAID10) that is currently being referenced by several shares. When I go to the iSCSI plugin, I allow for my username "johndoe86x" for the incoming and outgoing transfer modes. I have the identifier and alias as test, and when I go to add a LUN, there's no option to add anything.